shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago

After a brief attempt at Bollywood, Shalini Kapoor has returned to her first love, television and is gung ho about her new character

Q You were playing an important character in Solhah Singaar. Why did you quit the show?

I didn't quit Solhah Singaar but had to opt out of it because of Ardhangini which is also produced by the same production company. I couldn't have done both the dailies and so I chose to do Ardhangini.

Q Is it because the role is good or is it because the show is telecast on a more popular channel?

A channel's reach, popularity and viewership make a lot of difference for a serial as well as the actor. Since Ardhangini was meant for Zee, I opted for this show.

Q What's your role like? Is Moon Moon a negative character?

No, she is not a negative woman. She is a strong woman and belongs to Priyam's family. Moon Moon is like the vintage Farida Jalal, naughty, chulbuli but a strong lady who takes the right decisions for the family. More than the mother, she is the one who controls Priyam. In fact, in Bengali families women are stronger than men and Moon Moon is one such woman.

Q You started your career on television about a decade ago. Did you quit TV for films?

I started working in television just after I passed my class X. Andaaz was my first serial and I did the last 60 episodes. Daastan, Saathiya, Vishnu Puran and Yeh Nazdikiyaan were some of the other serials I did before I quit TV for films. I did a couple of Hindi films and 12 Gujarati films but didn't feel comfortable doing films and returned to television.

Q Was it difficult for you to revive your career when you returned to TV four years back?

It is always difficult to make a comeback. In fact, my television career suffered because of films. By the time I was back on TV, the medium had grown quite big and there were lot of opportunities. In fact, TV is more kind to female actors than men because all the important roles, be it protagonist, antagonist or other key characters, are played by female actors. Often my male co-actors complain that with women dominating the serials, they have nothing much to do.

Q Are you working on any more Bhojpuri films?

No. I did two Bhojpuri films but the problem is that they shoot in UP and Bihar and I don't have the time to shoot for 20-25 days at a stretch.

Q Besides Ardhangini, you are also doing Jai Maa Durga. Is it a mythological show?

It is a blend of mythology and reality where I am playing Goddess Durga. Playing a mythological character is challenging because you don't have any reference point to play the role.

www.deccan.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolkitty_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
i m looking forward to her in JMD..lets see how tht turns out..
thanks for sharing.. 😊