shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
Shalini turns vegetarian for Goddesses' sake

Shalini Kapoor, who plays the role of Maa Durga in Jai Maa Durga, turned vegetarian… but only for the show.
About her decision, Shalini says, "I have not turned vegetarian completely but I have stopped having non-vegetarian food when I am shooting for the show. We are doing something pure and divine. I am playing Goddess and I sit on the throne of Goddess so I think it is needed. I have also requested my directors, co-stars and unit members not to have non vegetarian food on sets while shooting. I do not even allow them to eat eggs."

Admitting that it was not an easy choice to make, she reveals, "I hardly used to have any vegetarian food earlier. My mum used to scold me for having too much non vegetarian food. She used to say there are some leaves given by nature which are necessary for us but I used to have chicken everyday!"

Shalini took the decision a month back when the shooting for the show started and says that now her craving for non-veg food has reduced considerably. "Things are going on very smoothly. My unit members and co-star were initially hesitating to join me but it is really sweet of them to follow the rule till I am there on the sets."

Is it helping you to balance your diet? "Most of us are always on a high protein diet and when we are shooting we generally eat boiled eggs, which are easily available everywhere. But now I cannot have it on the sets. I cannot ask for soyabean or anything as a replacement on the sets. So now I generally take juices or fruits and I do not avoid carrying my lunch. Somehow or the other we are managing and becoming habituated with it."

On the show, the actress says, "It will be too early to talk about how the show is going on and all, as only one episode has been telecast. But I got good feedback from my friends. My unit and channel also called me and told me that they are receiving good reviews so I am happy."

Apart from Jai Maa Durga, Shalini is also doing the daily soap Ardhangini. Her last show was Solah Srringar. She is planning to do another show but was not willing to talk about it.

Jai Maa Durga airs on Star Plus every Saturday at 8 pm.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/January/Ne ws_20080102_2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

imprincess333 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Thanx for the article! But who does she play in Ardhangani?

👍🏼 Esha