Ajay talks about his career & link ups

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
By A.L. Chougule

After studying for his MBA in New York, he was doing well for himself as marketing manager at the Wall Street equity market. But Ajay, who had done a course in acting and filmmaking during his 10-year stay in the US and had also acted in two short films, wanted to explore a career in films. Acting was what he wanted to do. He packed his bags and came to Mumbai. Like everyone else, he also had to make rounds of production houses. Luckily he didn't have to struggle much. He got the lead role in his very first serial Mamta. And Ajay Krish didn't regret his decision to become an actor.

"I had given myself a year to try my luck in acting. Had I not made any progress I would have gone back. But I was quite sure of myself and didn't have to wait much to get good work. Mamta was a fabulous show to start with and I loved doing it," says the extroverted actor who didn't like playing an older guy after the daily underwent a generation leap. While his co-actor Neha Mehta quit the show, Ajay says he stayed on to play an older character in the interest of the show. "Not that I regret my decision but I didn't enjoy playing an old guy because it didn't go with my personality," he says. But Mamta is his past now and Ajay has moved on to yet another lead role in Ardhangini, which according to him is a television version of the film Devdas.

"It is a story of love and passion set against a Bengali backdrop which is nothing but a Devdas-Paro story where I am playing Priyam. The character is quite similar to one played by Shah Rukh in the film," he reveals. Elaborating further on his role, Ajay says Priyam is a complicated guy who is in love with Kangana. "He is an introvert and doesn't show his emotions easily. He feels insecure and there is anger and hurt within him," he elaborates. But what is it that makes him feel angry and insecure?

"It's Kangana's beauty. He comes to know that more than him, Kangana is enamoured by her own beauty which hurts him the most though the truth is that she also loves him as much as he loves her," he explains.

As the story progresses the misunderstanding between Priyam and Kangana will be resolved and fresh problems will creep in when they get married, Ajay says Priyam is a difficult and challenging role. "Sid of Mamta was a fairly easy role because the character was more like me though Sid also had grey shades. But this role is difficult and requires preparation," he says, adding, "But I love it. It's a great experience to play a character that's not like what you are. The show has already created a buzz and people also like it."

The show is hardly a month old and Ajay says the real drama has just begun. But probably what works against the show is its 11 pm slot. "It's a late night slot but the TRPs are not dipping. In fact, right now winter is on and the entire North sleeps early. But once winter is over, I am sure the ratings will increase," he feels.

All prime time shows, according to him, do not deliver same ratings. "Pre-prime time and late prime time shows always get lower ratings. That does not mean they are not good shows," he reasons.

Draw his attention to the rumours about his affairs with his co-actors Neha and Muskaan and he says there were baseless. "Ajay Krish is easily linked with everyone he works with. May be now I will be linked with my Ardhangini co-actor Sudeepa too." he shrugs. Ask him for the reason and he says it's fairly easy to link him to his co-actresses because he is an extroverted person. "I am a prankster and can't sit in one place. I love to talk, laugh and discuss issues with my co-actors. The idea is to have a blast without affecting the quality of your work. But that doesn't mean I am having an affair here, there and everywhere. Neha and Muskaan are my good friends," he ends.

www.deccan.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coolkitty_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow!! frome marketing manager to Acting ?? thats some change of course!!! mebbe I should do tht too... 😉 😉
Thanks for sharing Shruti 👏
onlineTalkies thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thats a long journey over taken Ajay, gotta learn something from u