‘I am compared to Aishwarya Rai’ article

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

'I am compared to Aishwarya Rai'

The 'Ardhangini' actor, Sudipa Singh, finds it difficult to handle compliments

Sudipa Singh, the cursed beauty of Zee TV's 'Ardhangini' had almost lost out on the coveted lead role. "I wasn't ready to audition because I had heard that almost 500 girls had undergone the screen test including some top television actresses. They were on the lookout for a pretty and simple Bengali-looking girl. I wasn't sure if I would fit the bill. However, my confusion was unnecessary, " she recalls.

Sudipa plays the character of Kangana whose beauty is her bane. "She is a simple and bubbly character. In the face of all odds , she remains a happy person. I empathise with her character completely because like her I wouldn't show my sadness to anyone," she elaborates.

Sudipa came into the entertainment field by chance. "I was a winner in 'Antakshari' (Zee) held in Ludhiana. I had met Gyan Sahay during this time. It was on his insistence that I participated in the 'Zee Cinestars ki Khoj' later and was one of the first three finalists (2005). Later I did 'Kabhie To Nazar Milao'. I couldn't do 'Palki' (Zee) because my dad insisted that I first complete my graduation. So I went back to Amritsar and took a break for six months. And then 'Ardhangini' happened," she narrates.

Sudipa also reveals, "I lost my dad during the shooting of this show. I couldn't go back home when I was informed about his sickness. I thought he would recover but he didn't."

By immersing herself into work, Sudipa is trying to overcome her personal crisis."We have been given the 11 pm slot, which is risky slot. We are trying our level best to make this slot work for us. After all, 'Kahin to Hoga' and 'Kahin Kisi Roz' were hits despite being in the late night slots."

And how does she feel when she is called beautiful? "I feel shy. I simply can't handle it. I am compared to Aishwarya Rai in 'Devdas'. But I guess that's an overstatements because she is the most beautiful girl in this world."

Sudipa claims that Bollywood is beckoning her. "Immediately, after the promos of the show began, I got film offers from big banners. But I am committed to this show. Let me see how it works out," she ends. Sudipa is paired opposite Ajay Krish in 'Ardhangini'.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1136986

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

she's compared to aishwarya rai? and the producers still deny ardhagini isn't a rip-off of devdas? what an irony.😆

i feed bad for sudeepa when she talks about her dad though.😭

Edited by jigglypuff726 - 16 years ago
amz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
she is compared to aish 😕 ? she is pretty but not daaaaaaaaaaat pretty 😕 yh it is sad about her dad
220680 thumbnail
I think she's prettier than Aishwarya.. 😆
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

^ agreed. i myself never found aishwarya to be much of a looker anyways. i'll choose sudeepa over her anyday.😛

coolkitty_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
What happened to her dad? 😕
jigglypuff726 thumbnail

naina, her dad passed away but sudeepa didn't make it back to see his face one last time because she was busy shooting for ardhagini. it's really sad to see what some stars have to sacrifice in the name of showbiz.😭😭

snehasudhir thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thankx for sharing...i felt bad for her dad...