CarulinaTina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

I have noticed so many aspects in this show where they have lacked to bring in any orginality of their own. The sets, the jewellry, the costumes, the names, dialouge delivery, storyline.. everything has been taken from somewhere or the other, mostly from Devdas though.

Did u guys notice, almost all the names in this show have been taken from characters of Devdas or Bollywood Bengali actresses.

Paromita/Paro - Paro from Devdas (I'm surprised they didn't give this name to SudeepaπŸ˜†)

Bipasha - Bipasha Basu

Sushmita - Sushmita Sen

Moonmoon - Moonmoon Sen

Kangana - Kangana Ranaut (although I'm not sure if she's a Bengali or not)

The only original names they've come up with Priyam, Partho, Raktima. Very soon we might see a Rani, Kajol, Konkona, or Tanushree entering the showπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And just like Paro in Devdas, Kangana always says Shothi (not sure abt the spelling or pronounciation.. i think it means 'really?')

Just like they showed the childhood fond memories b/w Paro and Deva in Devdas, the chilhood scenes b/w Kangana and Priyam were very similar. Just like Deva, even Priyam went abroad for his studies.

There are just too many similarities and lack of originality. But I guess its just began so we have to wait and see and hope they come up with something unique for the future storyline.😊

Edited by *Kruthi* - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bsbgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I agree, to me more and more it seems to be like Devdas. Devdas family also had greedy people in it and so does Priyam's family. The only difference I see is that Kangana is treated badly by her mother and sister, where she was loved by her mother in Devdas.
cheri thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I really dont care about the the names as long as the show is gud everything is fine πŸ˜ƒ ......but the show is totally not original 😑 (in other words).i agree with ya! 😳 πŸ˜†
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i think ti is gonna be like devdas.. did u see the promos.. she psread the holi clolor like aish did. and even on th e.. jhula she was with ajay krish
disney101 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

totally agree with u all the character and even the running scene ok kanga is samw gos i think that this soap will be flop cuz of all this copying going on.........

i just hope that in futre it will catch the attention cuz in the first epi it didnget get any trps either...

coolkitty_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I am just optimistic tht there will be some originality in this show..i know a lot is copied..but i just hope it will get better by the day...
~*Juhi*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very nicely said Kruthi! πŸ‘ I totally agree with you. I mean almost everything from the show has been copied from other places. πŸ˜• The show is only about a week old now, so there is still plenty of time for them to come up with a different storyline. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by ~*Juhi*~ - 16 years ago
soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Yea, the show does have a lot of similarities with Devdas...and like Paro in Devdas, Kangana runs a lot, in slow motion, I'm sure we'll see the long saree trailing behind scene soon tooπŸ˜† Also, Kangana has long hair like Paro too...The story is yet to have a stronger core/base, so hopefully that part will be a bit more novel..

Keep smiling...

Love

Soni

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i totally agree with you kruthi. i do think this show lacks the originality or the freshness that a new show should have. mostly everything seems to be lifted off from the likes of devdas. having seen that memorable film on the big screen, ardhagini does dull in comparison.πŸ˜•

i'm just praying for this show to pick up soon cos i don't want ajay to lose his footing in tellywood.😊