neela226 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Countdown to Chhoti Bahu begins!!

Thursday, January 20, 2011 | 6:24:23 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) Countdown to Chhoti Bahu begins!!

The magic of Chhoti Bahu will enthrall one and all very soon...

The much-awaited show Chhoti Bahu will be back with a brand new love story of Dev (Avinash Sachdev) and Radhika (Rubina Dilaik) on Zee TV!! While Season 1 depicted the love story of Radhika by keeping Vrindavan as the backdrop, the channel and production house DJ's Creative Unit have done a lot more research this time to come up with a love story with a lot more spiritual touch in it.

Our source states, "This time the backdrop of the show will be Rawal, the place where Radha actually made her presence felt in order to fall into a divine and spiritual love story with Krishn, according to the Indian mythology. The story of the new version of Chhoti Bahu will begin in Rawal and will later move to Mathura".

"This time the divine love story of Dev and Radhika will start when they are kids. The story will start from the childhood version of the duo, and will take a leap later on. The leap is expected to happen after 10 episodes, but all will depend on the way the love story of the kids gets accepted by the audience", adds our source.

Unlike the protagonists of the first season, Dev and Radhika will now be projected as more outspoken and pro-active people. They will not be silent spectators and cannot be overpowered by people. This aspect of the protagonists will bring in some freshness to the story.

"The show will not be counted as the Season 2 of Chhoti Bahu. It will also not have the tag line of 'Sindoor Bina Suhaagan'. It will be a completely fresh story with a new tag line which is being decided as of now. It will probably be on the lines of Chhoti Bahu Ek Nayi Prem Kahaani. Though the initial story in Rawal will have a typical rural backdrop, the story line in Mathura which will be Dev's household will have the needed urban elements in it", elaborates our source.

The casting process is getting finalized as of now, and the show is all set to go on floors by this Sunday. If all goes well, Chhoti Bahu will be launched in the Valentines week in February. Chhoti Bahu will be getting the same time slot of 7.30 PM which created a record of sorts for the channel.

"The Cricket World Cup starts from February 19th, so it will be very essential that we launch Chhoti Bahu before this date", adds our source.

When contacted, Rubina Dilaik told us, "Yes, I guess the show is going on floors from the last week of this month. We are shooting our first outdoor schedule at Mathura".

Well, all we can say is that the countdown to seeing the favorite Jodi of one and all, Dev and Radhika again on screen has begun!!

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SweetGirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I knew...I knew this valentine idea of Zee..I was kinda sure..seems like i know zee very well..Nice ownt bother to watch other shows now...
princessRock776 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yeah me either agle Janam is the best that is why I am still watching zee
cara.sanghvi thumbnail
what does this have to do with Agle Janam? Shouldnt this be in Choti Bahu Forum😕
-SweetGirl- thumbnail
bcuz Currently agle airs at 7:30 & this article says It will take this slot...so It might replace AJ ..
cara.sanghvi thumbnail
Oh no😔 i dont want that to happen. But it does seem like Agle is going to end now since lali seems to be getting better, Rekha realizes that she was acting like a dum dum, and everything seems to be going alright.
But its better to have the show end than to drag the plot and come up with a new way to separate Shali. Maybe since lali is going to be in the Swayamvar show, she wont have time to be Lali?
-SweetGirl- thumbnail
Yeah..Dunno there was news that Zee extended Agle till mid this Year actully so even Ratan postponed her Swaymvar..Since Shes in contract with zee..But now again..Why this zee is so uncertain..Anyways I hope If it goes It come back with better storyline..I was Just checking some Where on FB where i posted there are actully so many people Who still love AJ ...I was happy reading all comments ..😳
milla thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I never like CB I hope AJ does not end soon. I think this show have some of the best actors on Zee. If the creative could come up with good stuff AJ actors will not disappoint.
That's so awesome!!!!!! Choti babu is back..... and so is avinash and rubina!!!!
thank you dj creative for bringing choti babu back finall!!!
I AM A BIG FAN OF DEV
princessRock776 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yeah at least one person is there from Agle janam I hope Lali will too come again in CB