Posted: 13 years ago

'Marriage is a social event'

January 15th, 2011
Buzz up!
  • Email this supplementary
  • Printer friendly version
Decrease text sizeIncrease text size
'Marriage is a social event'

We caught up with Ratan Rajput to quiz her about her Swayamvar, Ratan Ka Rishta.

QYou are quite young and have a good career going for you. Is this the right time for you to settle down in matrimony?
Every girl settles down in life, but the time differs in each case. Some settle down early, while others prefer to get married late. I was quite serious about getting married since childhood. I think this is the right time for me to realise my dream.

Q Why have you chosen a television platform for
marriage?
Marriage is a social event. In ancient times Swayamvar was a platform given to girls to choose their soul mate. I am happy that I will be choosing my groom through Swayamvar.

Q But this is a reality show — a different spectacle from the traditional Swayamvar.
Whatever I am today it's because of my parents, hard work and audience's affection. I want my viewers to be part of my marriage.

Q Are you contractually bound to get married?
I really can't tell about that. I have no issues with my contract with Imagine.

Q Do you think you will find the right man for a successful marriage?
When I came from Patna to Mumbai four years ago, there was no guarantee that I would be successful. Be it career, love, marriage or swayamvar… the idea is to be successful.

Q What kind of a man you are looking for?
I am a normal girl. The only difference is that I am successful and empowered. Like any other girl, I am looking for a man who is caring, loving and supportive.

Q Considering what
happened in earlier seasons of the show, do you have any reservations about what will happen in your case?
I have not seen the earlier seasons. I am not like Rakhi (Sawant) and Rahul (Mahajan).

Q Wouldn't you have
preferred to get married in a traditional way where parents choose your groom?
I have four sisters and I know what my father went through to get them married. I am helping my parents discharge their duty.

Q What happens to Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo? Will you take break from the daily for your Swayamvar?
Nothing is decided yet, but Agle Janam doesn't stop me from the show. I have given two years to the serial. I am sure the producer will give me some time for my Swayamvar.

Q What about rumours that Agle Janam might end before Swayamvar goes on air?
Honestly, I have no idea.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/supplementary/%E2%80%98marriage-social-event%E2%80%99-497

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessRock776 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks I hope Agle Janam still stays on