Ratan to tie the knot --indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Ratan to tie the knot
Buzz up!

Soumita Sengupta/Hill Road Media

Unlike the first two contestants, Rakhi Sawant and Rahul Mahajan, Ratan Rajput is the darling of every household, thanks to her television character Laali. However, now audiences will get to see the real face of Ratan on the show, as she is all set to 'tie the knot' on Imagine's Ratan Ka Rishta: Swayamavar - Season 3. We caught up with the actress at a recent press conference and here's what she had to say...
Showing 1 of 8 images Previous Next

Would you call Swayamvar a chance or a challenge?
It's marriage for me. I am nervous. There are a lot of expectations. I'm not looking it as a challenge, but a chance, which I am grateful for.

How do you feel about getting married like this?
I feel blessed. Sita married Lord Rama in a swayamwar and she was the princess of Mithila, which is also my hometown. I feel like a princess as well.

Why did you choose this way to get married? You could have done the traditional thing?
I come from a loving and caring family, but getting married this way is lavish and different. I know that my parents would find me the perfect groom, but for a girl's father, no man is good enough for his daughter. Getting a chance like this on Swayamvar is a blessing. I'm here today because of the audience and I would like to share my happiness and joy with them as well.

What are your expectations of Mr. Right?
He should be caring, supportive and understanding. He should like lauki (bottle gourd) like the way I do and should respect everyone and be independent. I believe in god and I know he will take care of the rest.

The first two seasons had controversial characters. How would you promote your show?
I'm not competing with anyone here. The USP of my Swayamvar would be that people would get to see the real me and not a character from the show. It won't be scripted.

What's your age? Do you think you're the right age for marriage?
(Laughs) You're a girl and you know the rule that you shouldn't ask a girl her age. But yes, I am eligible for marriage.

What's the guarantee that you will get married in this show?
When we come to this world there is no guarantee that we will survive or not. I am here for a good thing and I want everything to happened nicely. Shubh, shubh bolo yaar!

You were in a contract with ZEE so how did you sign this show?
Yes I am in a contract with ZEE and I didn't break any contract with them. The shooting will be for a few days.
Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SweetGirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks For Posting..Well Looking Forward for Grooms /candid on Show for her...Hope Imagine has Good Guy for her..Shes sweetheart ..Deserves the Best...😊

Not Like RS..Nautanki & Grooms types...

telenovelle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ratan looks so lovely in the pictures. Love her outfit.

What is this entire thing ? Is this a show she is going to get married on?
I do not understand what this S...show is about?

-SweetGirl- thumbnail

Originally posted by: telenovelle

Ratan looks so lovely in the pictures. Love her outfit.

What is this entire thing ? Is this a show she is going to get married on?
I do not understand what this S...show is about?

Candid From India & Over seas will apply to Channel Running Swaymvar..Few Will be choose and From them Final Groom after few test He'll be may Ratan's To be one..
Swaymvar is old tradition of Indian culture For Marriage..Princess used to marry in that way..Thats now Presented as Television show with Diff Celeb's on Television...
telenovelle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -SweetGirl-

Candid From India & Over seas will apply to Channel Running Swaymvar..Few Will be choose and From them Final Groom after few test He'll be may Ratan's To be one..
Swaymvar is old tradition of Indian culture For Marriage..Princess used to marry in that way..Thats now Presented as Television show with Diff Celeb's on Television...

Can you explain a little bit more about how it works?
So on this show the people will get "married" and then what to they have to do?

-SweetGirl- thumbnail

Originally posted by: telenovelle

Can you explain a little bit more about how it works?
So on this show the people will get "married" and then what to they have to do?

Well Its not Confirm People get Marry Definitly on it..May She can only choose Some one to date Or get engage...May She ask time to know person more..
From Eligible Candi ..Final 16 Groom will be selected for show..Than this 16 with diff gone From kind of test I why Like Wether they are eligible for Ratan in aspect ,Criteria She wants..There may personal meetings and other Interesting activites Where they can Poove them self best For Ratan..Show will go for Weeks.One Per week or Day will be eliminated Whom Bride dont find that much Interesting...From Final 3 she can choose her Partner and Marry if She wants..Totaly up to her....