Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Dear Friends,

This is my first post on this forum....many of you might know me, I am Tintiny, was very active in the Kasamh Se Forum

I have been hearing about this show from some fellow members who watched this show after KS ended. Since it was showing too much poverty I was not willing to see it, a reality is nice, staying in India, we see too much of reality and poverty on the streets and hence did not want to see it in my drawing room..after a day's work, on returning home I wanted to see something entertaining....

Between the IPL matches I suddenly saw this show, laali being transported to a guest house as a gift to please the tendering officer. I stopped to watch the fate of the girl....Next day I switched it on again to see if Thakur got the tender, obviously he did not...instead he was mocked for not having a male heir.....what hooked me to the show is not only Laali's simplicity, her desire to be with her unseen husband, her couregeous self but when Thakur challenged his sons to come up with male heir. He said at this age even he could father one dozen children...it was crude, disgusting and funny....calling his elder son jhumke bali ki dukan for hiering female children....I am finding this thakur disgustingly lovable....as today's female I should not find him as such but there is an raw appeal to the whole show...I hope they are able to maintain it....it is close to reality, a bit crude yet quite entertaining at this stage.....Eagerly looking forward to tomorrow as I think father and son do not get on well.....and the task given to Sekhar is not upto his liking....

Your thoughts friends, love Tin

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago
Welcome tintiny to the AJMBHK section. I know you very well from KS section. I used to be a silent reader there.😆
I can understand that you don't want to see poverty but the show has moved on considerably now. And the fact remains that like big businesses (like in Ekta shows), poverty is also a part of India and sooner or later it was going to come on Indian TV.
Yes yes, the Thakur is a bit of a character.😆 I really can't imagine any father talking like the way he does. I guess, every character, including Laali, has been well defined in the show which makes it realistic and appealing to the audience. This is why I started to watch it. Laali's determination will take her a long way and for a girl who could have easily been suffering at this point in the story, she is doing really well fighting for herself (without knowing anything).
I hope you enjoy the show and become a regular member here.😊