Do you think Agle Janam Mohe is a 'clean' show?

Poll

Do you think Agle Janam Mohe is a "clean" show?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago
What do you think? Please leave your comments. There are soooo many members complaining so this is your thread to empty all your frustrations about the show and all the good points too (hopefully)

I think it is somewhere in the middle of clean and sick...

By clean I mean the show is portraying a healthy issue which can be safely watched by a family.
By dirty I mean the issue (selling daughters for money, etc) is so sensitive that you don't want to see anymore of it.

I look forward to the results and comments.
Magnificent.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

isha_love_SRK thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i vote for #1..boc this show is abt true..not like anther show one poor gril rich boy come to chang her live no this is not happen in realy life.....that why i love this show...and yes it sick some of point but which is true so i dont have plb with that show....
come guys open ur eyes that true..in ekta show is just for fun but in her show doesn't have any reaity...
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
It's hard-hitting, that's it
Children should watch it under adult supervision

Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
I think it's a clean show so far.
Basically they are showing a delicate issues, which affects a lot of people. It's not like on the those shows where they make random villains and hurdles in the path of the lead.
It's a social show, so children are only learning from it, they won't be affected much.
Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
By your definitions of dirty and clean, no, I don't think it's a clean show. Often times, we define "clean" as whatever is "ideal"..most of the time which is unrealistic. I think it is a great show to open peoples' eyes up to the kind of world they are living in.
Saas-bahu sagas, revenge plots, and other nonsensical bullsh*t that we've become accustomed to watching on Indian Television has fogged up our minds to such an extent that we have tunnel vision. It's like we're unable to comprehend anything that goes beyond it. I am glad shows like Agle Janam is trying to reel us back in.
It is not a perfect show, but it is an important show.
Millerrr88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yes it is a clean show currently....so i chose # 1
Edited by milas6 - 15 years ago
Simone2006747 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I think it is a very good show and as clean as it gets. I voted for # 1.

It is true that the show does not entertain. If anything, it makes us feel sad and forces us to engage in self-introspection. One can argue that we watch TV to escape from the stress of everyday life, to relax and daydream. Instead, this show may take some viewers back to reality and to that situation which they are trying to escape from in the first place.

But the good news is, Zee TV is promoting it. The time slot is just perfect and everyone is discussing the show, including the critics. These are strong indicators that the show is making a difference.

Is it possible that folks instigating the complaints are people belonging to shows which are not as popular OR competing for that particular time slot ?

These days, almost every home has a computer and an Internet connection. So how do the parents stop their kids from watching adult material on the computer? Movies telecast by the networks have similar story-lines including graphic violence. How do parents prevent their kids from watching these movies?

If folks do not want to see and hear the story of poor Laali and her family ... they can switch channels. Its a free country, isn't it ??? 😊

Edited by simi2006747 - 15 years ago
Aamir's Fan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

It is a clean show even though some scenes really hits you hard.

-midnightsun- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i think it is... it gives the harsh realities... sum might not believ it but apprebtly this is whar happens in the most backward parts of india... also someone pointed out that kids shoujld watch it under supervisation... i totally agree.... its is a hard hitting show... even i cried the at the first epi i saw....

so yh i wish that would lighten up a bit....

rav
xx

Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: lilsunshine_rav

i think it is... it gives the harsh realities... sum might not believ it but apprebtly this is whar happens in the most backward parts of india... also someone pointed out that kids shoujld watch it under supervisation... i totally agree.... its is a hard hitting show... even i cried the at the first epi i saw....

so yh i wish that would lighten up a bit....

rav
xx

yea the show deals with mature issues. and as u said, it's a reality in many parts of India, and not everyone knows about it. So it sends a great message out to the public.

But it will lighten up, as the phase of selling laali is over. I'm sure there will be some positive things to be seen in the show soon.