Ratan braves pneumonia for her show - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Ratan braves pneumonia for her show

Within just 10 days of airing, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Na Kijo (Zee TV) has already garnered immense praise from viewers. And rightly so because, though the scenes may look effortless onscreen, the artists go through a lot of hard work and trouble to make the village shots look authentic.

ACCORDING to a source, "To get the real sense of a village, they are shooting in a remote area and they try to do certain things the same way villagers would. They walk barefoot and shoot without any make up. The actors have to undergo a lot of struggle to portray to viewers the actual feel of a village. Lead actress Ratan Rajput, who plays Lali, along with the other stars, are facing many problems."
When asked about the difficulties, Ratan says, "We all walk barefoot due to which I've hurt my feet badly. But when you are shooting you, don't really realise that it is happening. It's only at night, when I go to sleep, that I notice and so I just apply some cream, put my legs in warm water, wear socks and then sleep."

The actress recently shot for a sequence where she had to catch hold of a snake and throw it away. It was extremely difficult for Ratan, as she is terribly scared of the reptiles. She says, "I can't even look at a picture of a snake. That's the extent of my phobia. I really don't know how I did the shot. It was because of our director that I managed. He toh even got bitten once! My family still doesn't believe this; they all say the sequence has been done by someone else. One thing is for sure, I will never ever do such kind of sequence again!"

Along with all these problems, the vulnerable Ratan even suffered from pneumonia a few days ago though she is much better now. She tells us, "There was a sequence where I had to swim in the ice cold water of the pond and unfortunately, the shot took a complete day. I got high fever for a few days but the unit was very caring and loving. They did everything possible to make sure I was comfortable."

The actress does miss all the comforts of home as well as her family but the satisfaction she gets from working makes her feel better. She says, "I miss my parents sometimes but then, when I see the feedback at the end of the day, all my pain vanishes."

Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Na Kijo airs every Monday to Thursday at 9:30pm on Zee TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090325_123

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Wednesday, March 25, 2009

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Millerrr88 thumbnail
    Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
    im really proud of her...doin a lot for this show. I hope nuthin happen to her again. thnx btw.
    Edited by milas6 - 15 years ago
    Gur.N.cool thumbnail
    Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
    her acting is fantastic!
    wow an entire day to shoot for one sequence!😲
    can't believe it takes this long, hope she get's well soon
    RKB_LUV thumbnail
    Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
    loved her from RADHA KI BETIYAAN, she always chooses quality shows, best of lick for future
    Saru... thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
    her acting is awesome dear......lots of hardwork.........all the bestfor her future........hope her hardowrk pays off