Acting your Way to success

crazysandhir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Actor Kinshuk Mahajan, became famous for his role of Ranbir in Bidaai. He is currently seen in Raakesh Paswan's Afsar Bitiya

My education has played a huge role in my career so far. People think that an actor has to say a few lines in front of the camera and their job is done. But we have to take many decisions and shoulder responsibilities all the time and that is when we need that intelligence and sincerity which only good education can give you.

Sincerity and sensibility comes from knowledge and therefore I personally feel that your education is a must. Studying about your field is also important.

I studied my Bachelor of Arts from Delhi University and I have also done a course on film making and a two year diploma course in theater from Sri Ram Arts Center, Delhi.

I was very clear from the beginning, that when I finished my studies I wanted to become an actor and wanted to do something in showbiz. In business one has to lie to sell the product and then there is a margin of lossand profit; when you are working under someone as a sub-ordinate you have to follow their orders; and I never want to do either of the two.

I am a person who will never lie to anyone and acting is something that gives you the complete freedom and whatever you achieve; be it failure or success it is yours for you to answer; you are responsible for that. In a way you are a master of your own life.

I have started my career with a show called Dhoom Machau Dhoom and moved on to Kaajal, Rajan Shahi's Bidaai and Chand Chupa Baadal Mein. I have also done a reality show called Jee Le Ye Paal. I am currently playing the lead in Rakesh Paswan's show Afsar Betiya.

In this profession you have the main three ingredients - money, fame and love. The last one you will only get in this field and that too unconditionally. When the audience and your fans see your work on screen, they just love you and that becomes an actor's inspiration and it is a source of tremendous job satisfaction.
There are ups and downs in every profession and Acting is no exception.

You really have to be patient in this career, especially when you are starting out. There are hurdles and challenges but one has to focus a lot. A newcomer cannot learn everything with the first show. Knowledge about the field gradually improves and one reaches their goals gradually.

It is very important to be a keen student. Be it at the beginning of your career or even when you are established it is important to keep on learning. You also have to innovate along the way. Acting is a very dynamic field and you have to be in touch with the latest trends and keep improving your performance to make it better and better.

The money you can earn in this field is tremendous. The yardstick is big. Well if you are Shahrukh Khan then you can earn in millions - as a television actor I am content with whatever I am earning. I am only 25 now and have a long way to go. But when I look around me I am definitely earning more than any professional. It all depends on your performance, and your bargaining power.

People often say that actors have a short life and he/she can only act as a lead in one show. But for me it was never applicable! I have done five shows and in every show I have played the main protagonist! So it depends on the way the actor's career is shaping up.

I would definitely want to start something as a backup plan in future. And I am an opportunist. Therefore when a good opportunity will come up I will definitely grab it.

When I came to Mumbai 5 years ago I did not have any support or a god-father in the industry, I was lucky enough to get my foothold soon. Yes I come from a well to do family but honestly speaking, in these 5 years I have never asked for a single penny from my family. I always kept this in my mind. However it feels assuring that my family was always there for me. But luckily I have not had to ask them for any money and have managed to be rather successful in my acting career.

Lots of people have the misconception that acting is all about glamour. What people do not see is the hard work one has to put in. Acting involves loads of hard work, sincerity and honesty.

One has to have a strong focus and ambition to achieve ones goals. It is also important to have a great deal of patience. These are the keys to success.

http://www.afternoondc.in/education-careers/acting-your-way-to-success/article_51623

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Thanks for sharing Nids .

This guy is just amazing.He surely knows how 2 surprise his fans.He never disappointed his fans and i am damn sure he will not do it anytime. He is so hardworking .Never ever saw such a hard Working n such a perfectionist Actor in Tellywood .God Bless him. I am so so proud 2 be Kinshukian :) .Luv u Kinny . U r d bestest .
wadi..doll thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
OMG He is juss the best love him i totally love him to the core Proud to be a Kinshukian .. He is Amazingg , He surelyy love his fans and i love that abt him he is the best love him thanks for sharing Nidz dii ..