Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
@Parm aand Shri: Your comments about Ravi and Pintu and boys in general made me think about several issues with the way boys are raised in India. There is no doubt that even to this day, boys are raised with a silver spoon in their mouths whether they are born to the wealthiest or the poorest family. However, interestingly what is changing is that girls are now being educated and in my experience have a lot more drive to study, do well and become independent. So while on the one hand it is unfair to girls that boys are treated like god's gift to the family, it has also worked in their favour in the long run. I hadn't even realised they were bringing this up until you guys made me think about it!

In Ravi's case, he has always seen the discrimination between him and his sisters by his mother, ie with the dhoodh as Parm mentioned, and I am sure that is only one incident that we saw. Also, he feels entitled to hit his sisters simply because he is male. He takes none of the responsibility for the family financially etc and so in no way earns any authority but feels it his birthright simply for being male. He has been brought up with a lot of pride but without the pressure to do something as it was always taken for granted that he would eventually, simply by virtue of being male. This combination leads him never to introspect until he is challenged by Manisha. And he does try to change when that introspection happens. But the problem here is that that thought about his own actions and that sense of responsibility has not become inherent to his character and so he is easily swayed by external events. In his mind he is above Krishna in the family hierarchy so she is answerable to him, even in her officer capacity.

Pintu is brought up like a beloved pet really. He is given toys and royal treatment in exchange for looking good, being impeccably trained and unwaveringly obedient. He is given the responsibility of the family but never that of himself, so he never takes the time to think about his life and puts all his energy into making sure the family runs smoothly. He is enslaved by his upbringing where he has been taught that any sort of confrontation is to be avoided, even if it means swallowing what is right and keeping mum. But eventually this was going to cause a lot of bitterness in him, even if he never broke away and rebelled. Babloo and Sargam are the only ones that treated him like a human being and tried to hold him accountable not for the family but for himself but I think he didn't understand why this was important until Krishna came along.

Basically, I think they are challenging the stereotype of boys being free to do whatever they want and girls being trapped and oppressed. While this is certainly not untrue, there is another side to the coin and I feel that boys are much more subtly trapped and oppressed by the treatment they get for being official waarises of the bloodline/business/family. I love this show for touching upon such subtle and underlying issues.
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Parm aand Shri: Your comments about Ravi and Pintu and boys in general made me think about several issues with the way boys are raised in India.

Basically, I think they are challenging the stereotype of boys being free to do whatever they want and girls being trapped and oppressed. While this is certainly not untrue, there is another side to the coin and I feel that boys are much more subtly trapped and oppressed by the treatment they get for being official waarises of the bloodline/business/family. I love this show for touching upon such subtle and underlying issues.

Sam,
I completely agree that boys are much more subtly trapped and oppressed by the treatment they get for being official waarises of the bloodline/business/family.

But I do not think the creatives are challenging the stereotypes...atleast I don't think Rakesh Paswaan thought about this. However, it is possible that these psychological dimensions may be getting added by Bandana Tiwari. She writes for female protagonist oriented shows and so obviously she has to show the contrast by what a girl nowadays is capable of challenging the traditional strong-hold of men.

As per my personal thoughts in extension to your thoughts, I have seen the pressure boys and men get into when their perceived manlihood is challenged and especially when something happens and they are not able to defend the so called weaker folks like older people and the fairer sex. Yes, this is the psychology with which men are born. If they fail at what they think they should have had or done or achieved, they become wrathful against the same weaker folks that they wanted to protect. Women always being the resilient, she has to bear the brunt of that wrath. Can't much be done about it.

It might seem strange to you, but I always keep in mind Peacocks, He-sparrows, Male Beaver Birds and Cocks, how gregarious they try to be and how they try to court and win the ugly hens/birds through dances, building nests ...and in the end what remains is the ordinary hens going about their life as nothing happened. In comparison, I like the eagle family and the crow family...good parenting and bonding. Same for the wolf family.

What I mean to say, for some reason, Nature decided to make the male as it designed them, some funny, gregarious, deceptive and others extremely regal and responsible. I would take each man and woman as a product of his environmental influence + inborn traits. And just as you took the names, see how different will Ravi and Pinto evolve later on in life...in terms of the same bird examples.
Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail

I'd like to talk about the torn newspaper incident by TTS a bit more. That was just one newspaper there are many other newspapers running that article. What exactly was in the newspaper heading of that article? But here is a cap of it.

(TTS take your finger off the newspaper 😆)

Can TTS go and tear all the newspapers in the whole town, I don't think so.

If it was a normal person his own son's reputation would also matter to him and he would have tried to talk calmly to bring out the necessary measures to do damage control of the issue regarding the matter.

Throwing the newspaper in his son's face has turned out counterproductive.

I don' think TTS mind frame is the correct one for becoming a MLA, coz he is too hot tempered and runs to conclusions in fast forward. Many more things like this will happen in the future in his carrier.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
@Shri: Thanks for the response! When I said "they" I meant whoever is writing the show and putting these interactions in; I humbly thank them. 😊

And I loved your animal comparisons. It is true that each individual is influenced differently by their respective environment but I think there are often certain patterns to be observed in males of a certain culture. Here I think the pattern that weaves through both Ravi and Pintu is that of taking responsibility for their individual actions as separate from their families. This is just not expected of them and so they fall short.

On the other hand, if you take Krishna or even Pinky, there is a huge amount of personal agency. Granted, Pinky's is misdirected but I just can't ignore the fact that it is there. She sees herself both as a part of her family and as an individual with her own dreams. If left entirely on their own, I wouldn't doubt for a second that Krishna or Pinky would be just fine. Pintu and Ravi, I worry for as they have never negotiated their identity as individuals.

@Angel: As much as I can read, "B.D.O. Krishna Raj ne dopahar ke bhojan yojana mein ho rahi gadbadi..." so it is about Krishna's good deed, not anything to do with Pintu. He just happens to be in the picture.
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Waise...the way Ravi behaved with Krishna today, Krishna no matter what, deep down in her heart will start developing feelings about her personal space, sanctity and will want to have her own nest for her to settle in. Girls who lovingly grow up and never wanting to marry and leave the house slowly develop feelings about leaving their houses when alienated in this manner.

If Tuntun's behaviour caused Pinto to revolt and made him want leave his father's house, slowly Ravi's behavior and in future who knows which other family member of hers, will make Krishna harbour feelings to get married and run her own new house. Yes, financial independence strengthens us, but it does not give us the satisfaction until we get the emotional interdependence that we desire. So generally marriage follows few days of bachelorhood and spinsterhood! As mates start enjoying sharing and controlling that hitherto they could not just being sons and daughters.

I am here trying to extent on my earlier thought of how parents or parent figures apply pressure tactics to make their kids grow up knowing and unknowingly. For some reason, I am delving only on the psychological aspects.😆

Anyways time for a quick-nap. Yes I did a night-outer as I wanted to get the whole office thing out of my mind and so was just online reading, emailing and discussing...Got another busy and lousy day at the office. But I may be able to watch the show today...

0-SD-0 thumbnail

@Shri: Thanks for the response! When I said "they" I meant whoever is writing the show and putting these interactions in; I humbly thank them. 😊

Here is the writer crew:

Story & Screenplay
Concept and Story: Rakesh Paswan
Script Head and Episodic Story: Kamlesh Kunti Singh
Screenplay : Bandana Tiwari and Madhu Bastola (since week beginning Krishna taking charge as BDO)
Dialogue Writer: Sandeep Nath and Amit Jha

Samanalyse thumbnail
@Angel: "B.D.O. Krishna Raj ne dopahar ke bhojan yojana mein ho rahi gadbadi ka pardafas..."

The last word must be some derivative of kiye, ki, something like that. That is all that is missing from the syntax. 😊

@Shri: Interesting thought. The mutual alienation from their families may encourage Krishna and Pintu to seek belonging and like you said emotional interdependence elsewhere... and the next logical step for both of them and the show is marriage.

Thanks for the info on the writers! I am glad they have such a comprehensive team. It explains why for the most part, the story has been tight and well-researched. I can only hope that it continues at this level.
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Interesting thought. The mutual alienation from their families may encourage Krishna and Pintu to seek belonging and like you said emotional interdependence elsewhere... and the next logical step for both of them and the show is marriage.

This statement reminded me of the split screen of yesterdays last moments of the episode, Moni was talking about as symbolic.😃
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
@Shri

Awosome Analysis Shri . You pointed out everythning in so detail . I aggree with you .

@Sam

I was also thinking the same tht After hearing the fight n After seeing that What Pintu had 2 listen indirectly Coz of her from TTS She will tr 2 keep distance from Pintu .She may tell Pintu not 2 meet her ahead.

Edited by moniluvskinshuk - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

It might seem strange to you, but I always keep in mind Peacocks, He-sparrows, Male Beaver Birds and Cocks, how gregarious they try to be and how they try to court and win the ugly hens/birds through dances, building nests ...and in the end what remains is the ordinary hens going about their life as nothing happened. In comparison, I like the eagle family and the crow family...good parenting and bonding. Same for the wolf family.

What I mean to say, for some reason, Nature decided to make the male as it designed them, some funny, gregarious, deceptive and others extremely regal and responsible. I would take each man and woman as a product of his environmental influence + inborn traits. And just as you took the names, see how different will Ravi and Pinto evolve later on in life...in terms of the same bird examples.

This argument has reminded me of a friend of mine who argued the same concluding that men do not need make up to look beautiful/good. I argued back that nature also has created not some good looking men too. Anyways I think I'm going out of topic so will stop.😆

Oh and for the thread opening I can volunteer for Friday if no one minds.