Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: AngelDark

Is Krishna stretching herself a bit too thin? The thing is it seems Krishna is reacting to problems as it arises. First it was the lobbyists next it was the mid day meal scam thing after reading a compiled report. What next? Oh yeah, the next problem is going to be Ravi and nepotism. Shouldn't she have a master plan and a year plan to correct the perceived issues and make an assessment after reading all the files in the office? I'm sure there would be many problems to deal with after reading all the files in the office. Does Krishna have to do firefighting all the time? Is there no such thing as delegating your work? A proactive method of working should also be introduced into the story; otherwise it would be Krishna becoming superwoman. When is she going to do her actual work of making a long range plan to beautify her assigned block and try to bring good projects into the rural area where she lives? Or is this her real work!

Angel, My father was a Govt. Officer. And so by the knowledge that he shared with us, a Govt Officer's primary work is finishing the work at his table in the form of files. Almost every task has to be documented after it has been actioned. That documentation is followed for Internal Audit guidelines. Any action cannot be taken until it is approved by the officer in charge. There will be n number of files and n number of updates with comments added for each report. Getting a thing approved as the file goes to various places is what we all get tired of...so called red-tape ๐Ÿ˜Š

And how the files get created. Well it is all about New Requests from the public to which the BDO office is commited to promote, On-going Projects administration, Complaints, Grievances and Redressal.

Krishna has inherited a lot of work from her predecessor. Today, she was showing all that attitude to Mithilesh and Pyarelaal because, she was showing them their duty. She dragged them along with her because the action suggested by her predecessor already outreached the stipulated notice period of action. In the end she as the head of the office, she is responsible for the output of her office and so she is taking action proactively. Her style matches with any hard-working employee. She is actioning where it can be immediately actioned. I am like that. I have always set an example to my team by doing where the team sometimes feels it is so beneath them to do it. Lot of people join offices with an attitude that work will get done automatically. Nobody seems to see that the same dust on the file is smudging everyone's sleeves.

And yes in reality, work is done in a laborious manner as studying each flle. When periodic reports have to be sent from her Block to her senior officers in the state administration, she will need to write the regular updates and summary of activities. There insights of her ground experience will go into State Level and Govt Level Project Planning or weighing its pros and cons or measuring its success rate versus cost impact to the exchequer.

I mean in films we see Police Force in action, but in reality does anyone see, that how much paper-work also they have to maintain? ๐Ÿ˜† And about your concern that Krishna herself is actioning...well then why do you think Govt. gave her the Vehicle ? Are we thinking that it is just for drive-home and drive office ? Come on! Govt is so stingy, it never gives anything to its employee if it doesn't see the need. So per the vehicle, it understood that she is gonna have field visits, spot inspections etc. Poor lady she didn't have her vehicle or driver with her today. I think first and foremost thing she has to deal with is her office members absenteeism and or the missing punctuality!

And finally sorry,,,I just got carried away writing all this.
Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

No need to apolgize (IMHO) Shri. I for one am glad to have you around to share your bundle of knowledge. I'm thinking maybe of dubbing you Shripedia๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ƒ, what do you think!๐Ÿ˜‰
Parm. thumbnail
@Sam: excellent analysis as usual.

- I was also expecting Krishna to take over the wheel today when her driver did not show up. (Maybe she didn't get her license yet and just has her beginner's and doesn't want to break the law๐Ÿ˜†).

- I agree with both you and Shri that the school mid-meal problem could have been extended over a couple of epi's but I do like the way she got to the heart of the problem right away.

-I did not read this post prior to putting up a poll but I agree with you about the new DC angle for Pinky. It would definitely be interesting if they end up together as Pinky will always feel superior to Krishna this way as Krishna would have to report to her "man". What would be awesome is that if they do get together that he would be the one to "change" Pinky into becoming a better person capable of thinking of someone other than herself.

Edited by ParmB - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

Angel, My father was a Govt. Officer. And so by the knowledge that he shared with us, a Govt Officer's primary work is finishing the work at his table in the form of files. Almost every task has to be documented after it has been actioned. That documentation is followed for Internal Audit guidelines. Any action cannot be taken until it is approved by the officer in charge. There will be n number of files and n number of updates with comments added for each report. Getting a thing approved as the file goes to various places is what we all get tired of...so called red-tape ๐Ÿ˜Š

And how the files get created. Well it is all about New Requests from the public to which the BDO office is commited to promote, On-going Projects administration, Complaints, Grievances and Redressal.

Krishna has inherited a lot of work from her predecessor. Today, she was showing all that attitude to Mithilesh and Pyarelaal because, she was showing them their duty. She dragged them along with her because the action suggested by her predecessor already outreached the stipulated notice period of action. In the end she as the head of the office, she is responsible for the output of her office and so she is taking action proactively. Her style matches with any hard-working employee. She is actioning where it can be immediately actioned. I am like that. I have always set an example to my team by doing where the team sometimes feels it is so beneath them to do it. Lot of people join offices with an attitude that work will get done automatically. Nobody seems to see that the same dust on the file is smudging everyone's sleeves.

And yes in reality, work is done in a laborious manner as studying each flle. When periodic reports have to be sent from her Block to her senior officers in the state administration, she will need to write the regular updates and summary of activities. There insights of her ground experience will go into State Level and Govt Level Project Planning or weighing its pros and cons or measuring its success rate versus cost impact to the exchequer.

I mean in films we see Police Force in action, but in reality does anyone see, that how much paper-work also they have to maintain? ๐Ÿ˜† And about your concern that Krishna herself is actioning...well then why do you think Govt. gave her the Vehicle ? Are we thinking that it is just for drive-home and drive office ? Come on! Govt is so stingy, it never gives anything to its employee if it doesn't see the need. So per the vehicle, it understood that she is gonna have field visits, spot inspections etc. Poor lady she didn't have her vehicle or driver with her today. I think first and foremost thing she has to deal with is her office members absenteeism and or the missing punctuality!

Thanks for writing that. Sorry! My writing tends to get shortened every time I want to express something๐Ÿ˜ƒ I understand your point of view completely, but there also need to be an overreaching target for all her work a business plan, if you will. There would surely be her part of contribution to the business plan that aligns with the governments. I am not saying to show her always to be immersed in paper work. Even legal dramas have action most of the times. Just wanted to talk about reactive vs proactive method of working.Also day to day workload vs long reaching goals.

So I think the topic you opened regarding "Welfare Schemes on the notice board"
addresses a part of my view point๐Ÿ˜ƒ

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/2905971

Just wanted those points brought to this discussion and thanks for your feedback๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Below are the three pics took by the press ( I believe)

This one is an extra addition coz I'm admiring her sari ๐Ÿ˜ณ

( Video Credits Dhruvie)

Aide for discussion๐Ÿ˜†

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Angel and Shri: Loved the discussion and I agree with both of you.

I too think there needs to be an overarching plot to her work as a BDO. Otherwise it is going to get rushed, contrived and confusing. However, I think story-wise we are facing a sort of plateau where things are being built up to start the climb to the next climax. So in the mean time we see Krishna cleaning up her office, literally and metaphorically, and tying up glaring loose ends left by the last BDO. Once she does this she can start to exercise her vision for the block with a clean slate, which I hope will be the larger picture. What Krishna is doing at work right now, ie cleaning the place and its operations, is, I feel, just a stop gap until the Prishna marriage track takes off, which I believe it will with those pictures from the press. Prishna marriage will be the next dramatic climax of the show.

Plus, I think there are a lot of obstacles brewing for Krishna so they want to show us some uplifting success of hers right off the bat so that we are bolstered for all the negativity that will no doubt follow. This is the calm before the storm and Krishna's decisive actions will surely gain her a lot of enemies. I hope they show that effectively and don't just drop the dalals and the headmaster after these episodes. These people will all have an agenda towards Krishna and she should be shown havin to fight their continuing ill-will.

@Parm: RIGHT? I am always playing match-maker for Pinky because I think she needs to get a life, you know other than the one that revolves around Krishna. I was kind of hoping the new DC wouldn't be so imaandar and would fall for Pinky's feminine wiles though. I wanted one who got all hot under the collar when she blinked up at him with those fake-innocent eyes, and lost all agency of his own. And I think wily trophy wife would be a perfect role for Pinky to easily slip into. Krisha reports to her man and her man reports to her. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

@All, I was thinking that this visit from the DC may actually turn in Krishna's favour because Ravi will see the consequences of what he was trying to make Krishna do firsthand. I hope Krishna gains an ally in this DC. I miss the other one though. ๐Ÿ˜ญ I am going to imagine he got a promotion. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail
@ Sam
I hope your prediction comes true and those three photographs taken by the press gets in the front pages of some newspaper in that town and TTS see these pictures.

Also I hope this kind of track increases the TRP which is now 2.0 .๐Ÿ˜”

http://www.televisiontrp.com/show/zee-tv-show/afsar-bitiya/afsar-bitiya-2012/afsar_bitiya_2012_week12.html

ZeeTV is in the second position now. Hope we get an interesting track for our show soon as the month of March comes to an end. I would also like to see some romance other than the eye talks.๐Ÿ˜ณ
Parm. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

. I wanted one who got all hot under the collar when she blinked up at him with those fake-innocent eyes, and lost all agency of his own. And I think wily trophy wife would be a perfect role for Pinky to easily slip into. Krisha reports to her man and her man reports to her. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

@All, I was thinking that this visit from the DC may actually turn in Krishna's favour because Ravi will see the consequences of what he was trying to make Krishna do firsthand. I hope Krishna gains an ally in this DC. I miss the other one though. ๐Ÿ˜ญ I am going to imagine he got a promotion. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Love it Sam! Wily trophy wife would be awesome role for Pinky๐Ÿ˜†.

Parm. thumbnail
Love the Pics you uploaded Angel. My fav is the 3rd from the bottom.๐Ÿ˜Š
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Angel: Don't worry too much about the TRPs. We did have some slower episodes last week and are in the middle of a track that is very filler-y. But I do think the momentum has picked back up with the photo issue and TTS' MLA dreams coming to fruition. As long as we keep our head above the 2.00 mark, I think we will be okay. So this week is fine but it can't afford to go lower than this!

And I am so happy that Zee is coming up and is now the 2nd most successful GEC. I am really liking their new, mature, content-based programming and they definitely deserve the success. The more they introduce new shows, the more I am becoming addicted to Zee TV. Who woulda thunk it?

I am actually really excited for "Phir Subah Hogi" as well! The female lead seems so powerful in her acting and Iove her voice, not to mention the gorgeous aesthetic and huge production value!