Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
So I was just wandering the internet and found this piece of news on the Zee TV facebook page! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Watch today's episode of Afsar Bitiya as Krishna has promptly set out to fight corruption to bring the Mid-Day Meal Scheme back on track.
There was also this picture:

To say I ADORE that saree-blouse combo would be the biggest understatement of the day.

Haye. What a saree. ๐Ÿ˜

Check it out!

www.facebook.com/#!/ZeeTvIndia?sk=wall
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow! Thanks for sharing๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Was wondering if the Mid Day Meal Scheme thing have anything to do with schools.

and here is something of interest I found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midday_Meal_Scheme

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/235296/mid-day-meal-success-depends.html

I think it is something about dry rations vs cooked meals for schools and how middlemen in most states are breaking this rule.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜Š

Sam, if you want to know about the sarees...

Yesterday's green saree and the one in this pic...these are called Poly-Silk Sarees. Silky look but washable and easy maintenance. Belgaum manufacturers pioneered to meet the working woman's requirement in 90's by adding the polyester yarn to original Belgaum weave designs. They first called them Art-Silk sarees for Artificial Silk. And soon they became famous. It could replace the synthetic chiffons, georgettes as alternative traditional design with present day material. Cotton and Silk are both expensive and high maintenance. Nowadays saree manufactures have come up with synthetic crepes as well. Imagine Mumbai's humid weather with rains and these sarees...so much better...

The TV industry started going for the high end designs of the same synthetic sarees.

Anyways the first sarees...Mitali's pink and green sarees are Pure Cotton sarees. Pink one, worn during results...I cannot poinpoint the type because I need to feel the texture before I can say which one it is.. Green-Red border is Bengali cotton.,,worn in the first episode and promos

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
Juneli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thx sam, ahandu and shri for awesome infos๐Ÿค—
gosh shri...i remember wearing that material saree at work...had to pin almost dozen pins to keep the saree intact..esp for me as it was the first time๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜†
neways mitali is looking smart in this outfit๐Ÿ˜ณ
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Angel: Thanks so much for sharing that information! I always love finding out how true to life this show is and how much research they seem to put into the episodic events in Krishna's journey to become and now as a BDO. These are very real problems on a local level and I am so glad they are dealing with them! I also saw a picture somewhere of Krishna in the green saree she is wearing at the moment with a bunch of school girls around her. I thought that was just off screen promotion but I realise it may well be part of this track. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shri: Thanks so much for the info! I am just now entering the saree-wearing phase of my life and I just love the ones Krishna wears. They are so simple and yet the colours and the combinations chosen are so flattering! I remember someone made a post on her clothes a while back and I think they are finally dressing her in the right colours. I guess they purposely made her pre-success clothes a bit drab to highlight the characterisation and now even though these sarees are not fancy or expensive (relatively) they are gorgeous for the colours, the combinations and the amazing blouse designs. I love the little neck detail with that clasp here on this black blouse.

I had heard of art silk but I had no idea art stood for artificial! I thought they really meant art as in kala. I am not sure what I thought that implied, but thanks for the clarification. ๐Ÿ˜†
wadi..doll thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks samnalyze awesome picture awesome news waiting for the epi badlyyy ...
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kaveri

thx sam, ahandu and shri for awesome infos๐Ÿค—

gosh shri...i remember wearing that material saree at work...had to pin almost dozen pins to keep the saree intact..esp for me as it was the first time๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜†
neways mitali is looking smart in this outfit๐Ÿ˜ณ

LOL!!

Kaveri!! A dozen pins! I need just one pin.๐Ÿ˜† Only heavy sarees with Zari pallo, I use two pins to hold the pallo.

Its all in the mindset and how you feel comfortable about the saree. Imp thing is to know what is holding the saree (other than the pins) and you control that. Most beginners have comfort around safety pins!! Anyways thanks for the story. It reminded me of my friend's brother's wedding in Delhi. She is a punjabi. So I became the official saree tier in the dressing room and I was loudly announcing to the women in queue that they should come with minimum three safety pins when coming to me ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† And the funniest part was when I was getting married, my hopeless friends instead of taking care of my wants as the bride, I had to tie their sarees as they fumbled around with my aunts busy at some other work.

Anyways, I love sarees. I love to wear them and see my misfortune! I am stuck in this stupid NYC. It got so cold today. Again -1 centigrade. Cold wind from Canada...that's what I heard...
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Sam, Angel and shri thanks for lovely Info. Wow it's going to be very exciting. I am glad AB dealing with real life problems too along with drama it requires