Raakesh Paswan enjoys dual roles!

AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Raakesh Paswan enjoys dual roles!

Akash Wadhwa, TNN Mar 22, 2012, 01.07PM IST
Tags:

Raakesh Paswan belongs to theater background and started working in theater after his 10th exams. He grew up in Jharkhand and later came to Mumbai and assisted directors in various production houses.
He got an opportunity to write episodes for few shows and realized that this is something he always wanted to do. He has written atleast twelve shows and the most popular ones include Dulhaan, Mamta, Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, Thodi Khushi Thode Gham,Jahan Pe Basera Ho, Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni and Hamari Devrani which became the turning point. He has produced Baba Aiso Var Dhundho in the past and now his produced Afsar Bitiya on Zee is winning him accolades. On being asked which role he prefers of a writer or a producer he says, " Both have their own special attributes. Since I play both the roles, I can't differentiate. Whenever I produce a new show, I conceive and develop the concept and also write down the initial episodes to give it the right correct shape. As a writer when I write, my job is done. But now that I am a producer as well, my job does not end there. I also have to ensure that it is depicted properly on screen. It may sound surprising, but because I play both the roles, once for my regional show I have re-shot scenes because I did not feel it was depicted correctly. My team is always very scared of me that I can do such things in future also. Both roles have the creative aspects and I am happy to play the both roles. Afsar Bitiya is being appreciated and it really feels nice"

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-22/tv/31224378_1_dual-roles-regional-show-production-houses

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago