AB Cinematography: Needs attentions to Details

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
From last two weeks, the cinematography is a little deteriorating. The continuity of emotion is lost in consequence. And interestingly I noticed this in Prishna scenes so far. May be I should watch again and see if it happened in other scenes as well...

March 20th - Prishna SUV (Scorpio 😛) Scene.
Just before the brake applied on the car, Pinto Singh has a smiling face. The view is frontal. Now when he is shown from side view, he is not smiling. Come to front again he is smiling. Side he is not smiling.

So problem is PH/cinematography team does not have two different cameras to shoot from two different angles. Okay...so you must be running on strict budget with limited resources. But then why doesn't the director then pay attention to the repeat scene when enacted ? Can the actor and director not remember that Pinto Singh was supposed to be smiling ?

March 23rd - Episode Opening Scene with the BDO's vehicle- Again Prishna scenes.
Until Krishna is walking towards the car and seeing Pinto, shooting angle is Pinto facing the camera leaning against the bike. Then when Krishna boards her Qualis vehicle, camera angle is changed and Pinto is looking at her, now sitting on the bike.

Problems same as expressed above. Agar repeat shoots karne hi hain, then why not maintain continuity in the scene ?

March 23rd - Prishna - Pinto spellbound seeing Krishna in new dress but missing bangles
Now when Pinto Singh sees Krishna in the red dress, he is totally enthralled. And Krishna is also showing off her bangles. I am really confused at the shooting of the scene. Scene suggests that apart from liking her looks, Pinto should also look at the bangles. Then why doesn't it come across properly ? Where was Pinto looking? And why the camera is only focussed on just him? Can't the scene be shot from an angle where both the characters come in one frame ? Why focus on individual faces ?

March 15th - Pinky attacking Krishna
Scene 1 has Krishna holding her head from her right hand. Continuing the same scene, but shooting-mix problems. Scene 2 they realize strategically it is not working because Krishna's right hand can be used to hold Pinky's left hand from further attacks. So left hand takes the place of the right hand over Krishna's head 😆

These are some that were disappointing or laughing ones to me. So I thought I can share it here. I know majority do not care of technicalities. But this is not my bashing or anything. This is my response to Production house and way of telling them that I am watching the show in entirety. So if they are compromising on somethings, they better be not these as they are too noticeable. And especially as the drama is gripping us, technical flaws may give us jerks like these where we keep remembering them and I believe Producers do not want me remembering that. 😊 And my wishes...All the best to Show's Crew for their daily efforts.

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

frozen.devil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@shridevi,

vry gud observation. i agree wid u, n d most annoying 1 was pintu missing those bangles..
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed. I guess the DP and the editor needs to be on the same page to correct all the minor details with the help of the director, and avoid such glaring mistakes as the bangles scene.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago