TOI: Constant Rejection had reduced selfesteem

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Constant rejection had lowered my self-esteem

Tellys new beti Mitali Nag on why she doesnt like being compared to Parul Chauhan and how she handles celebdom

Shruti Jambhekar

Dusky Mitali Nags getting rave reviews as the gritty Krishna Raj in the prime time show Afsar Bitiya.The petite actor had participated in reality shows X-Factor and Bol Baby Bol.An informal chat with Mitali:

ON SONG

Im not a trained singer but,my mother is.She owns a music academy in Nagpur and since childhood,Ive been following her.Lets say music is in my genes.I decided to work on television and felt that reality show would give me the ideal platform to launch myself.And it got me popularity too.I enjoy singing and would love to be a part of a music reality show some day.

MUMBAI CALLING

I am very passionate about acting.To overcome my nervousness,earlier I used to act in front of my mother to get myself out of some tricky situations.But now,with Afsar Bitiya,I am confident that I can act.This role is a dream come true.I shifted to Mumbai three years back,and believe me in those days,it was a huge struggle to get any project.I was approached for three shows the lead in Looteri Dulhan,Sugna in Balika Vadhu and the role of a warrior in Chandragupta Maurya.But,then some I lost out on all the roles,because I didnt have a mentor.I had become restless about not getting a good break because I knew I had the potential.The constant rejection had lowered my self-esteem.

BIG BREAK

I had gone home for a break when I was asked to audition for Afsar Bitiya.I was not sure if I wanted to go for the auditions,so,they emailed me the script and asked me to email them a video.And,I got selected ! Krishna is different from the regressive bahus.She is independent and ambitious.I like that!

STARRY DREAMS

Now when I go shopping or to the Siddhivinayak temple,people recognize me.This has only made me more firm about the factthat the wait for a good role was worth it.Id love to act in films next.

NO COMPARISONS

I am often compared to Parul Chauhan because of my dark complexion.I think everyone has his/her own individual personality,acting skills so why compare the two of us

EX-FILES

I was involved with someone but,we were not meant to be.Now,there is no time for a relationship,work is worship.

Mitali Nag

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

734167 thumbnail
thanks for sharing the awesome interview
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Guess I'm in the minority then , because I never compared Mitali to Parul.

Thanks for sharing the nice interview.
undisclosed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Mitali has me glued to this show...i am glad that she waited and got such a great role👏