19/3 Episode Discussion

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Well, today was a bit of a difficult episode to watch after being lost in a utopic la-la land all of last week. I guess today we saw the angry underbelly of all the Prishna bliss. Their mutual happiness and their budding romance does not come without a cost and today's episode focused on the cost, both for them personally and from external forces that do not bless their relationship.

I loved the first dialogues between Krishna and Pintu. They were perfect and really hit home with the point we were all discussing about their relationship. Pintu is not happy to have been sidelined in this fight as I am sure he liked the feeling of being a hero, especially in front of the girl he loves. However, she sort of undermined his power (through brute force) by intervening and handling the situation differently and moreover, successfully. This doesn't sit as well with Pintu as one might have hoped and he feels the need to justify himself and insist that he could have solved the problem his way. Krishna, sensing no tension tells him simply why he couldn't and foreshadows the conflict that may arise between them. Krishna may at some point be forced to send Pintu to jail for such an action. But Krishna never pretended not to be this person (which was highlighted in the seat belt scene) so it is hard to fault her even if she does have to take such drastic measures in the future.

The scene with Saraswati and the flashback was very touching. It sort of mirrored VP's flashback of Krishna and the bicycle. It was touching to see her so happy to be proven wrong and lovingly caressing the memories of Krishna's education which for so long seemed like a burden to her. Meena Mir carried this silent scene brilliantly!

I don't know what exactly to make of Krishna's unfailing loyalty to her duties. It reminded me strongly of Shri's discussion a while back of Krishna advising Bhima not to take the blessings of his aunt and uncle after the war. But then again, it takes a lot of fortitude to just forgive and forget as Krishna did. she really lets nothing stand in the way of doing what is right according to her. What comforted me was the charged silence when DB were trying to push the idea that Krishna would "help" Bihari. Krishna was there to do her duty, nothing more. I LOLed at Bihari's sarcastic jibes about the mithas in the sweets. Brilliantly written!

Was the fact that Pintu refused to go inside meant to once again highlight the difference between the two? First he remembered his own action of cancelling the wedding and then remembered Pinky's psycho outburst. I didn't exactly get why he didn't go inside though I liked that Krishna didn't really mind him staying outside but dragged Chancal in! It looks like Chanchal is taking advantage of someone rebellious in her goody-goody family's midst but Krishna is having none of it! 😆

Shivshakti was really good in her fake reconciliation scene today. She and Mitali have really good chemistry as the rival sisters. I loved the shot of Pinky feeding Krishna the sweet with Pintu standing between them in the background. I get the feeling that this symbolises Pintu himself being the sweet that Pinky is giving Krishna. And we also see the expression of distrust on his face, which means that maybe Pinky will use this difference between the two, ie, Krishna forgiving and Pintu holding a grudge in righteous anger, to give Krishna the zeher she mentioned...

Pintu's concern for Krishna was also well done. He seems almost weary at this point of her do-gooding but is also convinced by her fortitude and her determination to get her guru's blessings. This is going to reach at least a small climax soon.

Finally the scene at the Singh house. That was very interesting and powerful. Clearly Ganga is not happy with the way Pintu is doing things. She has not changed as much as we had suspected. It looks to me like this is not out of the way for her. She may have an outburst every time TTS crosses the line to bring him back and then sinks into her old behaviour of diplomacy. We saw this before the wedding also where they had that big confrontation but then she went all gung ho for the wedding preparations.

When Krishna said she would come to the house it reminded me of the scene when Babloo sent her with the prasad to TTS after she passed her mains. Today the teacher saw how much the student had really learned and duly expressed his pride. I also love how Sargam went happily and immediately to get him.

When Krishna asked for chachaji, I was banging my head but my mother explained it to me. 😆 She said that it could have been even more of a problem if Krishna did not ask for him as he has such a huge ego. He would sunaofy her either in front of her or behind her back at any rate and this way at least there is no fault of Krishna's. My mother also pointed out that it was symbolic that Krishna made TTS come down the stairs, which could show that in the future she makes him come down from his pedestal and reunites him with the family.

And the way Pintu moved closer to her, all protectively when TTS came down, haye. 😳

So TTS let the cat out of the bag for anyone who was oblivious (attn Babloo!) to the Prishna happenings. I am dying to see how the family react to this pronouncement!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Lovely analysis Sam and these are my thoughts for today:-

Pinky has wormed herself into Krishna's good graces. She is going to bring a lot of problems for Krishna in the future

Chanchal knows what Pinky is really like, when Pintu did not go inside the house of Pinky. Loved how Pintu's and Chanchal's wavelengths match but in different ways.

I loved that Pintu did not go inside Pinky's house that would have been inappropriate.

Saraswati was remembering all the hard work of Krishna with Pride now that Krishna has done what she always promised to do. That is to become a BDO. She remembered all the painful memories and her own challenges in accepting what path Krishna had chosen to walk on.

Loved the tiny dialogue between Krishna and Pintu when they decided to go meet Babloo and take ashirwaad from him. It put a smile on Pintu's face when she said your father is after all like a father to me.

Pintu's and Krishna's differences of opinions will create problems in their relationship in the future I feel. I loved how Pintu's violent tendencies were somehow addressed today. It was not preachy on Krishna's part. She just told him, his methods are called taking the law into our own hands. He understood the point of view of today's conflict resolution by Krishna but I think the problem itself is not solved totally which is Pintu's impulsiveness in defending with violent methods when wronged.

TTS has got his opening into Pintu's heart. This track will only lead to marriage no matter how many twist and turns now it takes to get there. Maybe TTS will speed it up now. Now he knows where Pintu's heart lies with his possessive gesture by coming close to Krishna and standing behind her in protective mode. It was his way of challenging his father not to insult her and by doing that Pintu has revealed his heart to his father.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
LOL - I haven't watched and may not get time to do so either but, I can see my guessage coming to fruition:
1. Krishna's rationale for continuing to give respect to Bihari & Dihati jives with my rationale as to why she didn't hestitate to take blessings from Bihari post-patna... She considers it her duty - dharma -a la - Krishna's sermon to Arjun in Mahabhrata/Gita.
2. They are focusing on Duty/Responsibility that comes with Power as I previously guessed.
3. Tension Foreshadowed btwn Prishna - some of it will be personality based as regards their problem solving methodology. Be it in the form of Pinky or some other evil. Its what Shri and I debated - Bhima and Uncle D's hug vis a vis respect owed to family/etc. which I feel Krishna will always honour. But, to the limit of propriety. She won't do anything illegal nor put up with it. She's the true Arjun of this story. Dharma/duty karo :)
4. Tuntun - he may very well engineer Prishna marriage as he perceives the potential there
5. Pinky - She will now try to come btwn Prishna as "friend' not "foe" - Meethi Zeher.
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 12 years ago
~Simz~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I was so looking for the treat part between Prishna...i guess it will follow later when pintoo leaves Krishna back home.
Starting with Pintoo...hamesha ghussa nak par rehta hai. There will be difference of opinions in future but Krishna will be able to calm Pintoo like she did few times before. I hope Pintoo supports Krishna all the way.
Saraswati having flashback on Krishna's studies was a good touch to today's episode.
I know that Krishna did the right thing to take chacha+chachi ashirwaad...but I would think someone would stop her reminding her that it was chacha behind Vidya's prison time and the kidnapping. I would think Krishna would never forgive someone who troubled her father and failed her on purpose.
Krishna should never trust PIN-KY.
I loved loved loved today's scene when Pintoo comes to stand behind Krishna...loved the possessiveness.
Simran
0-SD-0 thumbnail
I bought new speakers for office and just now I finished watching the episode, with volume. 😛 YEY!!!!!!!!! 😆

Anyways, my two cents for the day.

Shatranj ki Bisaat Bich Gayi

All players, evertone, not leaving even one character..well placed in respective positions and the game is to start. Each party now knows his function and capacity as what they can do for and against the BDO. Just that I am unable to see TunTun in Bihari's party. 😆 Something is going to happen in that party. Of course Tuntun is the raja and Pinky is the Rani for now and Bihari being the dangerous knight.

Of course I am choosing the white color for the winning party.

And tit-bits from today's episodes are:

Pad aur Taakat se Zimmedari aana chahiye, Ahankaar nahin. This is the new motto for Ms.Krishna Raj. All these days the girl who was immersed in books and fulfilling her dreams, not caring for anyones humilations or slants including her appearance, now has the reality before her and now had fully assumed the responsibility of the new position. Everything about her has an angled shift and she is now giving an answer in her Power-packed manner to all who slighted her in the past. She did not think twice in making known to everyone around her that she has assumed the new role and that game is on.

Krishna got posted in Amarpur Block. One hour away from where she lives now. Okay ...realistic enough as Dihati asks the question in matter of fact manner, but still extremely lucky to be posted in the same district.

Pinto was driving her to Patna everyday 😲 during the training. OMG! I was asking this question so many times from 16/3 episode, why the office entrance did not mention the city and it seemed such a long drive for Pinto looking at the road. Good taunt from TunTun Singh 😆 as he taunts both Krishna and Pinto about their growing relationship...Pinto's gesture as stands behind her and Krishna's knowing and not-minding it at all was totally giving it away. 😳 Wow! both are not shying at all about what they can be. Let's see what Krishna has to answer tomorrow 🤔

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Was the fact that Pintu refused to go inside meant to once again highlight the difference between the two? First he remembered his own action of cancelling the wedding and then remembered Pinky's psycho outburst. I didn't exactly get why he didn't go inside though I liked that Krishna didn't really mind him staying outside but dragged Chancal in! It looks like Chanchal is taking advantage of someone rebellious in her goody-goody family's midst but Krishna is having none of it! 😆

Sam, its very straightforward answer.

1) Pinto is clearly not on friendly terms with Bihari Raj family. Why build new ties when he has already broken it once.
2) He is not obligated like Chanchal to go and meet the family she loathes. Chanchal was the blood-relative, and until she dies she won't be able to deny it.

That's why Krishna cannot force Pinto, but is able to force Chanchal to come in.

OMG!! Krishna is going to be a formidable mother to deal with. I saw that glimpse today and 😭 I am not liking it much. She is just tough...like my parents were when I was young. Had to responsible ..always.

Another interesting fact, which Rachna raised on 16/3 discussion.
16/3 episode showed how Tuntun was trying to raise Sonu, "lapad ke jhapad maarna". This is how Pinto has been raised without having to use discretion of consequences amidst rights and obligations. Because of his innate good-heart, Pinto is not a bad person. Krishna is now going to the moral voice forcing him to think of consequences. And again because of his good heart, he will take the bitter medicine for his own good and when I say, for his own, it means for his Krishna. 😳 He already did that twice today. At times its going to be difficult gulping down, but eventually he will.
The only way they can get difficulties in understanding is through their opponents creating mis-understanding and NO-Communication between the two. Hope by that time, they will build telepathic connection.

Samanalyse thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

TTS has got his opening into Pintu's heart. This track will only lead to marriage no matter how many twist and turns now it takes to get there. Maybe TTS will speed it up now. Now he knows where Pintu's heart lies with his possessive gesture by coming close to Krishna and standing behind her in protective mode. It was his way of challenging his father not to insult her and by doing that Pintu has revealed his heart to his father.

I love the way you worded this and so true! If we are to follow the initial premise of the show than the two leads have to end up married soon for Krishna's battery of life tests to continue. I especially loved your astute observation that my moving closer to Krishna in a protective way, Pintu has basically declared his feelings openly to his entire family and TTS vebalised them. How they will proceed from now remains to be seen.

And to add to your analysis of this scene, Shri also talked about how Krishna acknowledged Pintu's protective stance but did not move or object to it. So in a way, both of them are silently declaring themselves a united front.

Oh! I also forgot to mention that today when Saraswati was doing aarti for the two of them, all the rest of the family were standing behind her where as only Krishna and Pintu were standing in front so it looked like they were both getting aarti. Could this be a foreshadowing, or maybe even a sign that Pintu now shares in Krishna's success, considering the nature of their relationship?
Samanalyse thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

Sam, its very straightforward answer.

1) Pinto is clearly not on friendly terms with Bihari Raj family. Why build new ties when he has already broken it once.
2) He is not obligated like Chanchal to go and meet the family she loathes. Chanchal was the blood-relative, and until she dies she won't be able to deny it.

That's why Krishna cannot force Pinto, but is able to force Chanchal to come in.

Ah thanks for this answer. It all suddenly makes sense! Pintu does not go in because of the ill will the Bihari Rajs have towards him (thanks to the cancelled wedding) and the ill will he has towards them (thanks to Pinky hurting Krishna). When there is nothing but ill will and no obligation involved, why should he enter their house? Chanchal, on the other hand is bound by her blood relation, like you said. And she must learn what her family has ingrained in their systems, duty, simplicity, forgiveness and a complete lack of ego hassles.

I agree about Krishna being a scary mother. Luckily, I think Pintu will balance her out perfectly and together they can be a really great parenting team if they are on the same side. However, if they ever let their differences reflect on their child-rearing, it could have disastrous effects on a kid. But Krishna is not all bristles and Pintu is not all fun so I think they will be just fine. 😊
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Oh! I also forgot to mention that today when Saraswati was doing aarti for the two of them, all the rest of the family were standing behind her where as only Krishna and Pintu were standing in front so it looked like they were both getting aarti. Could this be a foreshadowing, or maybe even a sign that Pintu now shares in Krishna's success, considering the nature of their relationship?

I too forgot to mention this part and I am of the same opinion as you.

@ Shri and generally to All

Wonderful you got your speakers and we got an instant take from you. I also feel like I am attending a workshop with this discussion thread as our posts somehow has the same points as all put up their takes instantly independently.😃

@Sam and Shri

Oh oh ! You got them married and now they have kids.😆 But lovely analysis on that front in regards to what type of parents they would turn out to be.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
I liked today's episode . It was the foreshadow of Future track which is Prishna marrige and Future relationship whch Prishna gonna have Kabhi khushi kabhi gam type relationshp . Their relationshp Surely not gonna be bed of roses .

First of all I really don't agrree with Krishna whtever it is but The man n the Family Who don't leave a single chance 2 insult U and ur Family , Who planned so many tricks 2 destroy u , U r taking their Blessings ? I really really disaaggree with it . Following Dharma is Ok but to keep the selfrespect of Ur parents is d most imp Dharma of Ur's , how can krishna forget this? I really didn't liked it .

ohh So we got the starting n clue fro Ct's tht On which topic Prishna gonna differ . For Pintu Actions matter the most and For Krishna Words matter the most . I am looking 4wd 2 see their both POV's , actually I think They both are rght on their place n want the mixture of both 2 handle the situations . Loveddd DBPS Posessiveess for Krishna the way he comes n stands Beside actually slightly behind krishna showing n challenging TTS tht Don't u dare 2 say anythng 2 krishna , I am gonna be there everytime wid her .

I didn't saw here any1 sharing this so thought 2 share it tht I loved how Pintu adores krishna n smiles when Krishna explain him the reason behind going 2 TTS Mansion .

Yup One thing .Yaar Kya Ganga abhi tak nahi samjhi Pintu ko
I was so disappointed when I saw her sayign tht Kya zaroorat hai pintu ko Kri ko chodne jaane ki. I was like WHAT ???
Didn't u understood yet ?Pintu kya bevakkoof hai jo roz 10 dino tak Patna chodne jaayega kisiko bina kisi wajah ke

Letzz see whatzz in store for us but One thing is sure , Like Shri sais Noone among prishna will be in fault during their differences , it will be TTS and Bihari who will create MU b/w them n a Zero communication b/w them which will create huge MU B/w them . 😔 because As far as I know pintu He is not d man who can kep anythng in his heart , Like today he showed his disaggreement 2wds Krishna's action So I think somewhere TTS will creat some situations becozz of which Pintu will not be able 2 clear the mU b/w him and Krishna n will not be able 2 explain his POV 2 Krishna , aur jab communication hi nahi hoga toh apneaap M U toh honi hi hai