Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Moksha,

You were not abrasive at all. You were really very good. Really I liked the zesty flavor from your note. 😊

I enjoyed these reality bites from you. In fact, to me this is much more healthier discussion where we say it openly that we noticed these out of place items that have not been paid attention, and wish they were attended to and at times when we have full paisa vasool entertainment, then we say, okay I am letting it go as you (Creatives) compensated me with something else...
That way it is so much full-filling to discuss here on the forum. If we were supposed to enjoy and only feel good about it, there was no point entering the forum and forbading ourselves from saying what we wanted to share.

When young, watching TV with Sibs was fun. I could dissect the show like in the lab doing it to a lab rat πŸ˜† , but that never stopped us sibs from enjoying what was good. An acknowledgement for what we have seen and what was our reaction is healthy.

Indian entertainment may not work Hollywood style, but Hollywood Production houses and distributers are coming to India for the huge appeal and business potential it has. Most developing countries watch Indian movies and TV soaps. They why not the Indian audience act a little demanding ? Why shy from saying out what can be intelligently perceived. I know, most indians genetically are conditioned not to say out the obvious flaws and just speak about good. That's why we are the so called peace loving nation, but then not talking the truth for too long also breeds hypocrisy. So I do believe that few people who do not shy from commenting on something should be allowed to do so. And the rest can also review it and correct as necessary. In the end, it should not be; " am intelligent to notice this" , it should be about how we can collectively make it an intellectual debate in the hope that someone comes here and takes our feedback and does something on it.

Alas! I do not see much hope in that, but kya jaata hai positive soch ke chalo to πŸ˜ƒ

Shridevi
Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Rids, awesomely put dear, I couldn't have said it in a better way.😳

Well, all i want to say is lets not be so harsh on people who take out time to comment on a thread.

And I am really not singling out anyone here. I think AB forum is a great place and one of the few places on IF where healthy discussions take place and am so glad people here are fans not fanaticsπŸ˜† like there are in majority of the other places who cant take a single criticism of their favorite actor or actress in a positive way or take an argument in a healthy way and not start getting personal.
I hope we are able to maintain the beauty of AB forum.
wisehigaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Laila2009

Are you part of the production team? You are speaking as though you're going to make it happen. It's not about her changing her clothes; it is about commenting on noticing she's been in the same clothes for the past 48 hours.

oh i know. πŸ˜‰ just wanted to use humour when agreeing with thats all πŸ˜†
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ConnectTheDots.

@bold, I think there was no need for that. If you do not want those people, who dont agree with you to post or give their views on your thread , please do mention it in your first post itself. Thanks.

CTD, this is not about agreeing or disagreeing. The responders instead of recognizing that there was a gap in the story line that the writers needed to cover up, spent the time trying to explain what might be the reason thereby suggesting (directly or indirectly) that I clearly was not smart enough to do like them. That's a cop out for the writers are resposible for doing. Second, some people read my post to suggest that I wanted her Krishna to dress up. That's was not what I was suggesting at all. For a while the posts, but one, flowed with elements of mockery as well. Finally someone caught on to what I was trying to express and fortunately that was a respected member of this forum at which point I hope now you understand where I was heading.
Thanks
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: moksha89

i agree with neetz comment above, as well as i want to point out @bold.
if someone tried being positive about the upcoming episode, not stating anything .. than you should be kind of their view instead of immediately taking the negatives of it. ramimaleklover only said "let's see what happens" in simple terms, and also agreed with you that the repetitive nature of displaying tension in AB is now too much.
even i stated this in my previous comment, i only tried seeing the reasoning as to why that one particular stretch of scenes justifies this tactic, the previous posts did not comment personally about you but instead tried holding a healthy discussion. instead of taking things as personally, try continuing the conversation on AB or make a note that others should not be commenting.

on top of it, the dichotomy of serials has never been err free, in order to watch such television your rationality of reality needs to be softened. once again, i'm okay that you mentioned your views, but to bring the bigger picture of mass media & literature into focus - than there are many plots points which were weak & they are littered all over AB as compared to reading a novel. if you wanted a personal monologue, or such commentary, than instead of dealing with the ridiculous time frames serials already function on, you would have to bear with even worse. for example, we should have been privy to how pintu got away from the mandap to the room, made it to patna, how he managed to find krishna amongst all the government buildings, what his conversation with babloo was like in order to create a plan in which they both worked on, how vidyapati was released & why he did not recognize the gundas at TTS' people. if you pick at one thing in any serial plot, im sure you'll see a can of worms.

if you ask my rationality, if i felt gross that i have not showered & am with a bunch of people who have sweated in their clothes from all the running and stress, why would i bring more attention to it? (especially since i am a female who cares about my hygiene and presentation) they are all in the same non-shower boat, the greater focus has been a kidnapping and shattering of futures as well as disobeying heavy-handed people (TTS, corrupt system) & the ultimate moment of relief would be coming home victorious & taking a bath or whatever. also, in the end how would it add to the point of AB? was AB even meant to be that realistic? next thing you know they'll be singing and dancing in some maha episode or we'll have a leap, or some medical procedure that was not followed realistically (pinky & her wrists were totally ridiculous, why is no one mentioning her attempted suicide anywhere or the huge disregard of the actuality of that entire scenario?? one, her blood shed was not in proportion to the degree in which she would be close to critical health or need "surgery", two, the procedure was ridiculous .. the position her arm was in would worsen the situation, three, she was already up and about within a few hours & five, her bandages have disappeared in a mere three days since incident. am i watching a scifi show?).

i do not intend to be abrasive with this post, but this is my addition to a discussion regarding the concept of reality in which you have eluded to.

I didn't read it as saying let us see what happens. The person was guaranteeing a change as though saying it would make it happen. I see this a lot among Indians on this forum. Often they refuse to point out the obvious and when someone does, they rush to make excuses for the writers. Then, they start pointing out that there is irrationality and illogical stuff in all dramas and in order to watch them, this must be suspended. Of course we suspend it to a certain degree, but that does not take away our right to point out what is evident and does not bear well with the story. I don't see it as our responsiblity to fill in the gaps for the writers of a show or try to provide explanations or assumptions why something happens. We need to expect it from our writers and in doing so, we will increase the quailty of work produced. Just look at todays Indian films - a big improvement from the earlier ones. The reason, they market is driving the change and expectations are increasing. No longer do we make excuses. Consistantly the quality improves and we get better work. If we make execuses than we are not better than the parent whose child is not doing well in school and we ignore their behaviors out of fear of hurting their feelings, not being positive etc.
Also, you bring up many points that remain unaddressed to you in the show and it's good that you do this but at present, the point we're looking at is this one. To feel that those were left unaddressed should not dminish this one. By all means, bring up the rest, it will only improve our show to make it exceptionally brilliant.
wisehigaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Laila2009

I didn't read it as saying let us see what happens. The person was guaranteeing a change as though saying it would make it happen. I see this a lot among Indians on this forum. Often they refuse to point out the obvious and when someone does, they rush to make excuses for the writers. Then, they start pointing out that there is irrationality and illogical stuff in all dramas and in order to watch them, this must be suspended. Of course we suspend it to a certain degree, but that does not take away our right to point out what is evident and does not bear well with the story. I don't see it as our responsiblity to fill in the gaps for the writers of a show or try to provide explanations or assumptions why something happens. We need to expect it from our writers and in doing so, we will increase the quailty of work produced. Just look at todays Indian films - a big improvement from the earlier ones. The reason, they market is driving the change and expectations are increasing. No longer do we make excuses. Consistantly the quality improves and we get better work. If we make execuses than we are not better than the parent whose child is not doing well in school and we ignore their behaviors out of fear of hurting their feelings, not being positive etc.
Also, you bring up many points that remain unaddressed to you in the show and it's good that you do this but at present, the point we're looking at is this one. To feel that those were left unaddressed should not dminish this one. By all means, bring up the rest, it will only improve our show to make it exceptionally brilliant.

im srry i think i should of made more clear 😊 i liked topic it was just random discussion lol i just wanted to be funny while i agreed with u πŸ˜ƒ im srry.