Set-Designing in Afsar Bitiya - Arup Adhikari

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Stage-craft is an important element of any drama. It falls into the same category as the actors and the script. All these three items are visible to the audience and they interplay and interweave the dramatic action. Sometimes the set's scene tells you more than the dialogue. Sometimes the actor's portrayal is far more convincing and the need for dialogue is undermined.

When I see Afsar Bitiya, I should say that the sets make it every interesting for me. I will not say that I watched a lot of Indian soaps to make it a comparative industry-wide study. But as the audience, I am glued to the AB drama as its scenes and sets make the dramatic action so appealing to me.

Coming to sets themselves, if we start counting them...there have been so many.
Vidyapati's house
Bihari's house
TT Singh's house
Babloo's coaching Center
The Temples --All three temples (Jan 10th one, Bhagalpur one where Pinto and Krishna visit, Badaiyya Temple where Cheka was supposed to happen and finally Mahadev's mandir)

The Offices --> So many 😊, the collectorate office in Bhagalpur, Patna offices - various ones along with the gardens and drives.

Interview Venues
Examination Venue
The Streets
The Town
The Vehicals
The Bus stations
The Bus station waiting rooms
Cinema theater
Canteen
Hospital

So far there is only one scene that is repetitive...
When they want to show any daily scene's transition from residence to official business in Bhagalpur, they show the tempo scene making a stop in town's central place. This was beginning Dec episodes scene.

The Set designer for AB is ARUP ADHIKARI. I will give all 5 stars to him. Wish the production cast people were also shown on the IF page. so here are my stars. ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

I am loving him for the scenic settings that he provides to us and we get to enjoy in the 20 minute daily soap. 👏

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Shri I aggree with u . Set of AB is mindblowing n very close 2 reality . me2 lovee it . Frm my side also FIVE STARS 2 Arup Adhikari ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
AngeloScuro thumbnail
I'm putting this up in support of what Shri is saying.

Pinky's Room

5 stars⭐️from me too for the Set designer of AB, ARUP ADHIKARI.

(ps: will try to find a high quality image, hope this will do for the moment)
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

I'm putting this up in support of what Shri is saying.

Pinky's Room

5 stars⭐️ from me too for the Set designer of AB, ARUP ADHIKARI.

(ps: will try to find a high quality image, hope this will do for the moment)

Angel,
Oh! I knew that this was coming my way from you. I did remember your message and how Pink was Pinky's room 🤣
But I guess I loathe so much of her character and her scenes that I shut my mind off it. And trust me the few seconds attention I gave to her room was only because of you. 😆

Thanks. Feel free to add all other sets that I forgot to add.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
@ Shri

Will try to put up some more pics of sets and make this thread interesting in my own little way.😃
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
BTW I loved our DBPS Bedroom 😆😉 . It is full of his Workout Equipments presenting him as a Sporty n health conscious Character 😉 n lovedd the interiors of it .😳 Overall a typical Bachlor's room 😉
Edited by moniluvskinshuk - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: moniluvskinshuk

BTW I loved our DBPS Bedroom 😆😉 . It is full of his Workout Equipments presenting him as a Sporty n health conscious Character 😉 n lovedd the interiors of it .😳 Overall a typical Bachlor's room 😉

Moni, thanks for contributing. Exactly, the set speaks about the character here.
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

Moni, thanks for contributing. Exactly, the set speaks about the character here.

Pinto's Room

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Shri Nice thread and agree with u completely that sets make the show more beautiful.

Angel why I am not able to see any pictures

0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prishna_DBPS

Shri Nice thread and agree with u completely that sets make the show more beautiful.

Angel why I am not able to see any pictures

thanks Rachna.

Angel, same here. Even I am unable to see the pics. Do we need any requisite software installed in order to be able to see it ?