Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Interesting plot, though I don't approve of Pintoo annulling the marriage as he was given a fair chance to walk away and chose not to in his right mind. Whatever the reasons may have been, this was a decision that he made and he should stand by it. I am not sure Krishna would want anything to do with him if he did that, nor would I want her to. If Pinky, on the other hand chose to annul the marriage, leaving Pintoo free, that is something I could like. 😊

As for Ravi and Pinky, I am sorry to say, but they simply would not be allowed to get married. In Hinduism, each person has a gothra, or a direct male lineage which traces back to sages in the ancient times. And it is pretty strictly forbidden to marry a person from the same gothra as it is inauspicious and because everyone from that gothra is considered a brother or sister. Ravi and Pinky, being from the same male lineage would automatically be from the same gothra and so would not be allowed to get married.

In the case of cousins getting married, or uncles marrying their nieces, it always involves a brother-sister relationship to begin with, where the sister's gothra changes to that of her husband's family when she gets married. Thus her brother or her brother's child would be of a different gothra and so appropriate to marry her child.

I am not condoning these practices, because I think cousins getting married is gross in any permutation or combination, but just explaining how it works.

It's not the cousin issue then, but who is your cousin. I see...thanks for the best post explaining it. I too am not a fan of cousin marriages. For me the issue was how to create more drama but since this is not an avenue that works, better come up with another idea.
I am one who doesn't support people staying in marriages they should not be in even if he did agree to enter into it. Plus, since the marriage is not consummated, why stay in it? If Pintoo wanted out, I would support it. I think it is highly unlikely the marriage will take place. Most of all I want Pinto to walk away and not wait for his father to take him away from the shaadi mandap. That's going to suck because Pinto will come across looking like wimp.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Laila2009

I am one who doesn't support people staying in marriages they should not be in even if he did agree to enter into it. Plus, since the marriage is not consummated, why stay in it? If Pintoo wanted out, I would support it. I think it is highly unlikely the marriage will take place. Most of all I want Pinto to walk away and not wait for his father to take him away from the shaadi mandap. That's going to suck because Pinto will come across looking like wimp.

I agree with you that people shouldn't stay in marriages that they don't want to be in, but the case is different here because Pintoo didn't want to be in the marriage before the marriage is to even take place. He made this decision based, not on wanting to marry Pinky but on his father's honour. But the fact remains that he made the decision. Now if he were to annul the marriage based on TTS' rejection of Pinky not being a BDO, that would weaken his character a great deal because it would seem like in the face of TTS' will, right and wrong make no matter for Pintoo which is a regression of his character. i guess my point is that if he wants out of this marriage before it happens that is when he should act, not after it has taken place. Getting married when you are dead against it, is in itself a mockery of the institution. So in the end I agree that he should make the decision before the marriage happens not to go through with it. I too would like to see him, for the first time, taking a stand against his father.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aah! I now get what your frustration is all about.
It is about Pinto standing up for what is right and make a decision on an moral ethical standard.
If not he will be destroying Pinky and his life.
He should be brave enough to at least say he does not want this marriage and to hell with consequences.

wadi..doll thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ravi and Pinky Cant Married cause they are Cousin Brother And Sister