Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Haven't watched the epi yet. Went out last evening so missed it๐Ÿ˜”
But Angel, the review from you post looks pretty interesting๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Krishna kind-of yearning for Pintu? awww gosh my heart races at this thought๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†
And once again Pintu ji is unable to speak his heart out this hurts yaar

Okay will come back with a more detailed post once i watch the epi, which will not be till this evening i guess :( more wait for me :(
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AngelDark

Things that stood out for me in this episode.

Why was Krishna looking at her father Vidhyapathi's phone? Is she thinking of calling Pinto after voice over flashback she had of Pinto Pinky marriage.

Why did Pinto have to agree to marry Pinky again after all this? He got the result of what was in his heart and now he makes it futile for himself.

1) Temptation to call or yearning to receive a call ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

2) Director's Cut. Story-writer's dictat. They just want to make it a loud scene, an impasse, a high drama to tug at my emotional strings. Nothing more than that. The loud music and camera rolling in swift motion was witness to it. ๐Ÿ˜ก

0-SD-0 thumbnail
@Sam, @Kaveri, Excellent posts. Wonderfully put.

For me the episode was as it should be showing all the two families and the drama around the marriage arrangements. How true, all the havoc is let loose just as the marriage dates come close. Its always the case in reality. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† No surprises at all as things come close to breaking point and when one or the other person, a certain mama, chacha, or sometimes the groom or the bride themselves let the shaadi go on. Most of the times its seems patch up in the huge build-up towards the actual ceremony... So that was nice to reminded of reality. If my parents were watching, both of them would have had a mand-mand muskaan at the Singh family volcanic outburst ๐Ÿ˜Š

And the best scene was of course volcanic burst of Babloo-Ganga.

So finally I got to know that Babloo knew all along that Pinto was unhappy but could not take up the fight as it would have meant not just going against his father, it would also have meant unnecessary hurting his mother's and brother's sentiments as they fear his father and idolize him. Wise man. One can take a horse to water, but cannot make him drink water. So kya faayda bolke when the people for whom he wants to fight are unwilling to be helped. ๐Ÿ˜”

And now I also got to know that Ganga is more of scared and resigned woman in that forte of richly dressed matron. Her status as a wife - the shrimati - lakshmi of the house is much less honoured than it is with the two RAJ wives. Compared to Ganga, Saraswati Raj and Dihati Raj rule their house-holds. They are in every-way the yajmaans of their house. What a terrible state she is in. Reminds me of the movies of Rich Gharane where woman have less independence and dignity than the ordinary poor house-wives. She cannot even take care of her children, such is her state. What will it take for her to fight this injustice. Women at her age pretty much get ready to rebel or completely start living inert lives.

And thanks to Tuntun's insults to Babloo, Ganga raises her voice and thanks to Tuntun's insults to Ganga, Babloo supports as a son (manly indeed at that moment, an apt response to Tuntun beast). And good Pinto saw what he never would have seen otherwise. Must have been the first time that he got to know the true affairs of his family members and he must have been baffled. Must have been hard to handle and had to leave the scene in disgust at his father's way of treating his mother, a companion of so many years treated as nothing before two grown up sons. How insulting was that.
Alas! Before he could fully absorb the magnitude of revelation, he gets brainwashed by Tuntun foxy act.

And now coming to the surprise of the day - flashback scened in Krishna's mind.
To me this was bad screenplay -editing. We know that a lot of scenes are shot for an episode and then in final editing, lot of them are cut. Now cut scenes can never be re-used. And here the drama's genre is not like the Joycean or Voolfian world that stream of consciousness technique is being used. So question is why are they using a cut-scene. The monday episode was great. Now the FB scene from the same monday setting seems out of place because, Pinto and Sonu seem to be relaxedly sitting at the table and then Krishna and Pinto must have talked at leisure for few good minutes until Pinto got into the comfort zone where he can un-burden his heart. Definitely it was a good scene, but it now all seems out of place .. a forced vision on viewers with a purpose from the creatives...or may be just a filler to generate more pain from Krishna end as well. I did not like this today.

Rest ..Krishna's journey was uneventful and she reached Patna...I was relieved and happy at that. Hope no mishap is in store for her tomorrow like last time when she went to Patna.

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I understood the objective of this episode and yet it left me perplexed.

1. Krishna had purpose beyond her BDO goal to resolve the exam error fast. For some reason... the FB scene reminded me of this song: http://youtu.be/IrD4H5q44Ls - Ajeeb dastan hai yeh..

2. Family melodrama - needed for Ganga and Babloo to explicitly state what they have probably known all along on some level... Pintoo does not want to marry Pinky and they need to stand up to TTS or let Pintoo live miserably ever after. He finally has people willing to fight for his happiness...

3. Pappa > Pyaar but, kabtak? TTS quelled the match, but candle of rebellion can been re-lit with truth... TTS ka DIL a failure, not BDO...log kya kahega???๐Ÿ˜ˆ

4. Sach ke nishaan nahi hote par jhoot ke paagshin hote - Truth may have no imprint, but lies leave footprint๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 12 years ago
~Simz~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

This episode was quite refreshing. Finally Pintoo spoke about his feelings...we had it in words along with the pain written over his face. I absoluetly loved Babloo ji's dialogues when he says that he saw the pain in pintoo's eye on the very first day...and being a mother she couldn't see it. Ganga Devi finally standing up against TTS. Babloo ji standing up for his mother.

I am sure that in the next coming days, krishna will prove her results. As for TTS, accepting Krishna after she becomes BDO, i am not sure about that. I think Pintoo will refuse to marry Pinky when it's out in the open about Bihari's misdeeds. I wonder if they will find out TTS involvement with Bihari.
I would love see more friendship between Prishna.
Edited by ~Simz~ - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail
@ Shridevi thanks for your analysis and now I am going to quote this below

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

1) Temptation to call or yearning to receive a call ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I think I agree on that, but Krishna now becoming actively going out of her comfort zone to go get things done made me think she wanted to call him. Maybe your interpretation of it is better.

2) Director's Cut. Story-writer's dictat. They just want to make it a loud scene, an impasse, a high drama to tug at my emotional strings. Nothing more than that. The loud music and camera rolling in swift motion was witness to it. ๐Ÿ˜ก

I agree. I guess the scene could have been done in another fashion TTS leaves the room with a smirk and Pinto looks on with a helpless look . Both of them framed together TTS walking infront leaving and Pinto standing behind.

I'd also like to talk more about the surprise retrofitted flashback scene. I don't think it was necessary to do it to tweak the storyline.We know they both have some kind of connection and we wouldn't think it random if Krishna got a phone call from Pinto. Anyways that's only my opinion. What happens when the story is retrofitted down the line after 1 year, not that we've not seen such things happen in fiction.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

@ Shridevi thanks for your analysis and now I am going to quote this below

I'd also like to talk more about the surprise retrofitted flashback scene. I don't think it was necessary to do it to tweak the storyline.We know they both have some kind of connection and we wouldn't think it random if Krishna got a phone call from Pinto. Anyways that's only my opinion. What happens when the story is retrofitted down the line after 1 year, not that we've not seen such things happen in fiction.

exactly!!! we will feel cheated.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The fb is what left me perplexed... as I didn't grasp its need... but, i think i do now. Krishna is a problemsolver... she wants to help Pintoo - rescue him as he did her when she almost got trapped in an unwanted marriage. At the engagement/cheka... he kept looking at her and I thought it was a unbidden cry for her help. The fb scene was a more prolific cry for help. Why not show it before? The confrontation btwn Pinky-Pintoo-Krishna required drama... this was a quiet moment for them to reflect on when alone...when they or rather Krishna requires incentive to solve her BDO problem fast so she rescue him as he once did her...
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

The fb is what left me perplexed... as I didn't grasp its need... but, i think i do now. Krishna is a problemsolver... she wants to help Pintoo - rescue him as he did her when she almost got trapped in an unwanted marriage. At the engagement/cheka... he kept looking at her and I thought it was a unbidden cry for her help. The fb scene was a more prolific cry for help. Why not show it before? The confrontation btwn Pinky-Pintoo-Krishna required drama... this was a quiet moment for them to reflect on when alone...when they or rather Krishna requires incentive to solve her BDO problem fast so she rescue him as he once did her...

i tell you it was out of place scene just fitted in without much sense and banking on public short memory. What the creatives forgot is Prishna story is so beautiful that we will not be able to see disturbances or aberrations
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: ConnectTheDots.

Haven't watched the epi yet. Went out last evening so missed it๐Ÿ˜”

But Angel, the review from you post looks pretty interesting๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Krishna kind-of yearning for Pintu? awww gosh my heart races at this thought๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†
And once again Pintu ji is unable to speak his heart out this hurts yaar

Okay will come back with a more detailed post once i watch the epi, which will not be till this evening i guess :( more wait for me :(

๐Ÿค—NO pressure! I will be always here as long as the show keeps me captivated!๐Ÿ˜†

But do come up with something other than what we thought. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜†

I forgot to talk about this. Pinky does not show any respect for her parents with all the blind love they are showering on her. Pinto respects his parents even though he is being pulled apart by his two parents. Krishna has so much love and respect for her parents even though they have minor differences of world views.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago