Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago
I have not watched the past couple of epis... had migraine and did not want to add to it๐Ÿ˜ณ

But, read the updates and here is my 2 cents. Glad Krishna failed and Pintu is being married off so soon. It means all will be sorted fast fast. The failure was needed to show that there are remedies if you are unfairly failed. We assume that whatever is the result in an exam particularly such a official gov't result is final...but, people need to realize that corruption can be fought and its our job as citizens to fight within the system... I know many will disagree with me, but Anna H and co are wrong, no more committees or administration layers are needed to fight corruption. What is required is nidar people willing to fight within the system against systemic corruption. For people like Krishna to refuse to pay bribe for bail when its her right, to challenge exam result when its altered by bribes... That is how you truly fight systemic corruption not by fasting for a BiLL...But, using what is already there within the system to fight corruption including the courts...
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Anjana, you beautiful creature! ๐Ÿค—

I absolutely loved what you just wrote about fighting the system from within the system. I am so proud that they are showing this on AB and the way they are projecting Krishna's character as one that is aware of the flawed judicial system but also has faith in its functioning. She could easily throw her hands up and say nothing will ever happen (as most people do when talking about India's government) but she chooses to do something, to test it and to have expectations from it. Most people perform according to expectation and the less we expect from the government, the less we hold it accountable, the less it will do. Krishna is one girl, one symbol who is going to expect justice and hold the government responsible and I cannot wait to watch it.

Oh and I am so with you on Anna and his fasting. Ahimsa and Satyagraha make sense in the face of oppression or a despotic government that does not furnish the citizen with adequate rights to express themselves. It is not justified in the context of a democratic system that already has framework in place for each individual to express their problems and concerns directly. And the system is never going to work if people don't take that leap of faith and use it. I do not approve in blackmailing the government, which is what all this fasting business is.

In fact I was reminded of Anna Hazare when those fake protesters marched in on Krishna's interview. ๐Ÿ˜† And her fitting response had me over the moon!
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ Sam

Thanks for enlightening me and I have respect for your views. I don't know much about Hindu religion as it is not my religion. Anyways so I will stay out of that part of it but thanks again for the in-depth analysis of Krishna's character and psyche.

๐Ÿค—
Samanalyse thumbnail
@Angel: Please understand I wasn't considering the Mahabharata from a religious, Hindu perspective at all, but purely as a text which has certain characterisation, metaphors, terms and philosophies expressed therein. I am treating it similar to the way I might look at Homer or Shakespeare to better understand the characterisation and story arcs on this show.

I am really sorry if it made you feel like you couldn't comment on it, but it really had nothing to do with religion in this context. That is why I put a little definition of the concept of dharma there because I am aware that not everybody will know it. Please feel free to comment on it, if you so wish, purely as a philosophical and literary allusion.

๐Ÿ˜Š
WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hey sam! I can volunteer for either Tuesday or Wednesday for next week. I can't say exactly which day as of now because on one of those evenings i shall be out and wont be able to catch the show live. Is it okay if i let you know on the morning of Tuesday which day I can take up?๐Ÿ˜•

Sorry if I confused you.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
@ AnjanaYYZ

Beautiful post and I love you for the view you have given. It's so precise what more can I say. And please do watch the show๐Ÿ˜†

@Sam

I do understand karma and that if you don't do good deeds in this world either you will see the result of your Karma or you will see it in the next life. I can get philosophical with all that ๐Ÿ˜ƒ but let's see where Krishna's steps will lead to. I feel she has set forth on a journey of self discovery to find that she is herself capable and strong to do what is necessary and do good Karma.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@Sam - thanks for the appreciation. I am not part of the Indian system, but I do work for govt and have been in Krishna's shoes... here there is no corruption, but there is bias๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† which is more insidious. That aside my job simply put is to defend govt decisions in court! So, i am also more aware then most that its possible to challenge govt decisions within most democratic systems. The govt is not always right and having to defend its decisions prevents systemic corruption and pannelists/decisionmakers/even judges from thinking they are above review or don't have to account for their occasionally nonsensical decisionmaking becoz of their authority

You are right - before protesting people need to evaluate what is the problem and seek systemic solutions before protesting. There is room for both protest and use of systemic remedies like judicial review. Protest is appropriate when systemic remedies are abused/not provided like where Vidya was denied bail, which was his right systemically.

In this scenario - I hope they show that the corrupt panelists being forced to account for giving Krishna low score/zero... because then they will know that as Panel Members they are not free to abuse that position. This will make them give Krishna the corrected grade, which she has earned. It may not of course lead to full revelation of Tuntun or Bihari as yet though... in fact for now - grade correction would suffice to move the story forward. Prishna marriage may happen if Krishna is declared BDO...as TT will then betray Bihari especially with Pintu wanting to ditch Pinky. Vidhya and the bribe angle can then be pursued later to bring create differences btwn Prishna post marriage.

About Mahabharata - I love it - theoretical level. None are above all and sometimes to fight evil you have to be slightly evil. That is how I see Pintoo... He will go to any extent to ensure RIGHT. Krishna for now will fight system within the boundaries of the system and succeed. But, the ultimate fights will be btwn Pinto & TTS someday... or rather Prishna & TTS.

@Angel - i don't live in India, so I never contribute to TRPs even if I watch AB on TV here... also the TRP system in India is majorly flawed as only 5000 household matter in a country of a billion๐Ÿ˜•...but, that's discussion for another day.
Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail
@ All

I loved how the CV's showed Vidhyapathi's flashback near the end of the episode to show what a determined girl Krishna is.
She has a single minded goal to rise above her station in life.
I loved how the Sadu Baba came and kind of slapped her soul to awaken to delve deeper into her mind and find that determination in her, to set forth to determine her future.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

About Mahabharata - I love it - theoretical level. None are above all and sometimes to fight evil you have to be slightly evil. That is how I see Pintoo... He will go to any extent to ensure RIGHT. Krishna for now will fight system within the boundaries of the system and succeed. But, the ultimate fights will be btwn Pinto & TTS someday... or rather Prishna & TTS.

I never thought of Pintoo like that before but it is so accurate! In fact it is kind of ironic that Krishna is named after the character that Pintoo embodies much more closely. In fact Krishna (as in our protagonist) is much more like Arjuna and Pintoo like Krishna (of the MB). Now that I think about it, he was even the "charioteer"/guide for her when she went to sit her mains exam, which was her personal war between being a good daughter to her mother vs. following path and purpose and being a good daughter to her father. The latter was certainly the harder path and seemed selfish and destructive to Krishna at the time so she resisted taking it but Pintoo got her to the exam and made her take through whatever means necessary, including that controversial slap. Interesting.

Then, he bribed the announcer at the interview not to call her name. Again he used not so righteous methods for the ultimate triumph of that which is right. The more I think about it, the more brilliant it seems!

@Neetz: Sure you can tell me on Tuesday morning. I will take whatever day you can't. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnjanaYYZ

@Sam - thanks for the appreciation. I am not part of the Indian system, but I do work for govt and have been in Krishna's shoes... here there is no corruption, but there is bias๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† which is more insidious. That aside my job simply put is to defend govt decisions in court! So, i am also more aware then most that its possible to challenge govt decisions within most democratic systems. The govt is not always right and having to defend its decisions prevents systemic corruption and pannelists/decisionmakers/even judges from thinking they are above review or don't have to account for their occasionally nonsensical decisionmaking becoz of their authority

You are right - before protesting people need to evaluate what is the problem and seek systemic solutions before protesting. There is room for both protest and use of systemic remedies like judicial review. Protest is appropriate when systemic remedies are abused/not provided like where Vidya was denied bail, which was his right systemically.

In this scenario - I hope they show that the corrupt panelists being forced to account for giving Krishna low score/zero... because then they will know that as Panel Members they are not free to abuse that position. This will make them give Krishna the corrected grade, which she has earned. It may not of course lead to full revelation of Tuntun or Bihari as yet though... in fact for now - grade correction would suffice to move the story forward. Prishna marriage may happen if Krishna is declared BDO...as TT will then betray Bihari especially with Pintu wanting to ditch Pinky. Vidhya and the bribe angle can then be pursued later to bring create differences btwn Prishna post marriage.

@Angel - i don't live in India, so I never contribute to TRPs even if I watch AB on TV here... also the TRP system in India is majorly flawed as only 5000 household matter in a country of a billion๐Ÿ˜•...but, that's discussion for another day.

Anjana,
Loved your post. Its always validating to know facts coming from valid sources. Good to hear possible modus operandi that can be applied if one were to decide for a recourse step over a perceived wrong.

And TRP calculation: I so agree with you. :) One day I took the pain to sit and read about the sample population ! and it is shamless how people try to rub statistical methods in our face as if we do not now what a sample means, what average means.

Actually I am really fed up of so many anomalies that I see about so many small things that I need or cannot not even get concerned when there are larger concerns also that I can worry about. Then it becomes so frustrating that big or small concern, I don't know the system enough to register my opinion that I don't see it right. What can I do to remove this loop-hole of lack of knowledge about the system? Where should I go? Its not like US, that we type anything in the search engine and out comes the answer. Indian online search engines also do not help much. in india information is not freely available. It can be obtained with some cost financially or through friendly favours. And I wouldn't mind paying a nominal objective fee for knowledge, but it is revolting to me to stoop to maneuvering around sources and add cost to those ops. I mean everything is mammoth task for an Indian and at the end of it, one ends up saying...not again if I can avoid.