Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello All,

Continuing on Pinto Singh..

My last post was about Pinto, the self-effacing character.

Now this one will be about Pinto - the resourceful character.

Pinto has been shown as not very good academically.
- Like the way he responds to Krishna's Thank you..."Mention Not". Cannot say if that was intended for fun or Pinto truly did not know english. 😆 - in the tempo on 20 th Dec episode if anyone needs a reference
- Like the way he could never get the multiplication tables(pahada) in maths - in 21st Feb episode

But what he has been shown as is the bankable person for the other high profile characters of the show especially his family.
In our everyday lives, we have one or the other errand or issue coming up that needs our attention. We have certain bills to pay, we have to take time to understand the problem and call the plumber, or the electrician, the technician and at times we need small services like a trustworthy messenger, a trust-worthy driver, a company wanted. While office going husbands most of the time trust their house-wives to be taking care of these things, sometimes the inept house-wives have the husbands take care of these items (especially calling the plumber, electrician, booking gas etc) from office 😉
I have always thought and felt as a working woman that I need a certain reliable SERVICE AGENCY that I can bank upon when I land into house hold problems, or make some social arrangements. Instead of me taking day off from my regular work schedule, I would rather call up this agency, report the problem and have it taken care of for me, for a nominal fee. Alas! I did not see such kind of agency service available. Was forced to do it myself in the regular manner.

Now our Pinto Singh, look at him and how he is this excellent service agency. Leave academics. But he is excellent in delivery as the errand boy for his father, mother and brother.
He takes care of the house-hold operationals, takes care of his brother's coaching premises, knows his father's business and can execute a given task and then stand aside, be a reliable driver (how Tuntun and Babloo use him), be a reliable messenger (again Tuntun and Babloo use him that way), a reliable company (the way Ganga and family use him).

And as the resourceful person, he is expected to relieve stress from troubled faces of Babloo.
Remember...Babloo's coaching Center Internet problem, and the way Pinto is quick to understand Babloo's concern that Krishna's name will be called for interview..he is quick to think and does the bribing act. In reality unlike as shown on TV, bribing act is not that easy 😆 One needs to be a little artful in doing that. If I keep my morals and ethics in the mind's back-seat and forget about it for a while, I will definitely not be able to bribe because I lack in that art 😆 My face and actions will show it and the person whom I am bribing would be highly displeased with my ignorance.

In reality, having such a person around you puts one in such a comfort zone. Do you all remember that certain Mama, that certain uncle, that certain family friend and that certain agency help in the form of a previous service contact is always the first one to be reached out when we see problem or new item coming up in house-hold matters ?

So Pinto is that comfort zone to people around him.

moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
@Shri

Woww Shri Hahaa I would surely aggree wid u tht He is been alays used as a Driver , haha how can we forget Anytime TTS or Babllo had 2 go it was pintu who always drove for them , Free ka Driver 😆 .
I think Since Pintu was shown bihari tht is why He was shown pronouncing MENTION NOT as MENSION NOT , He is successful academically but He doesn't like 2 do job as he doesn't like 2 take orders of some1 . Hehe tht table remembering was I think shown just for a fun purpose 😆

BTW Very very nice post . Pintu really used as a resource using whom every1 successfully does their work .
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: UrshP

Yes Totally agree!

Pinto's decision can easily get warped and influenced (in his head) and become a emotional wreck on the wedding day if Pinto finds out TTS is behind all the drama.

It won't be then that Pinto loves Krishna but more so about the corruption of TTS!

Nice summary of the orignally poster. It is important to see Pintu stand up for himself. I am a bit disappointed in seeing Pintu used as a pawn by his father. As much as he admires his father, how can he allow himself to be married to a woman he does not love? It's not fair to himself or the girl. Marriages like this are not built on love but a sacrifice of our free will. We are subjecting ourselves to lifetime of misery that is clouded over by some principals of false self-respect. Pintu needs to be a man and say no. It is not because a) he loves Krishna or b) his father is corrupt, but that he has a mind of his own and he is not ready for marriage or wants to be with Pinky.
I do hope the writers give us this or I will lose respect for this character.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
@ Moni

I would like those points to be affirmed by the CV's and I think that is what Shridevi's main point is all about besides him being a jack of all trades.

I as a viewer would not like to put my own assumptions on a character to be proved wrong. Right now they have not shown if he is educated or not. So we don't know. Yes even after his father has asked him to work he does not want to do it and we do not know what his reasons are clearly.

@Ursi and Laila I agree on your point of view, that he should say NO to the marriage! Even though he loves his father to devotion.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

@ Moni

I would like those points to be affirmed by the CV's and I think that is what Shridevi's main point is all about besides him being a jack of all trades.

I as a viewer would not like to put my own assumptions on a character to be proved wrong. Right now they have not shown if he is educated or not. So we don't know. Yes even after his father has asked him to work he does not want to do it and we do not know what his reasons are clearly.

@Ursi and Laila I agree on your point of view, that he should say NO to the marriage! Even though he loves his father to devotion.

Angel he is graduate if you remember the mama came for fix the wedding at that time it was mentioned he is graduate. Ab kaise graduate hua yeh nahi pata but pada likha hai vo.

Moni he doesn't like take orders out side but he takes order from everyone in the family ;😉
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prishna_DBPS

Angel he is graduate if you remember the mama came for fix the wedding at that time it was mentioned he is graduate. Ab kaise graduate hua yeh nahi pata but pada likha hai vo.

Moni he doesn't like take orders out side but he takes order from everyone in the family ;😉

Sorry my bad. Now I remember ! The CV's are too much concentrated on Krishna that they are forgetting to flesh out other characters.
@Rachu
OOPS Yeh toh main bhool hi gayi thi , Thanks jaaan for making me rememeber thtmay be he doesn't like 2 take ordes frm outside but In home He is always available for tking orders , aapka aadesh saraakho pe . Haha how can we forget dis dialogue whch pintu said 2 his hitler babloo bhaiya 😆😉
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AngelDark

I agree, we don't know much about Pintu or Sargam or Ganga. These are important characters and we've seen little of them. They can give them screen time they cut with excessive starting, standing still scenes etc. A good drama does not need all of this stuff - ever seen any of the cable channel dramas from the US and UK? They move so much faster and less of this starting, background music and standing still. They can have more storyline in an hour, than a drama has in one week in India, and sitll have more story to tell.

Sorry my bad. Now I remember ! The CV's are too much concentrated on Krishna that they are forgetting to flesh out other characters.

AngeloScuro thumbnail

@ red

Agreed! Vampire Diaries is one show I love.

We don't like the story to plod. We did once discuss about this in this forum that Afsar Bitiya is moving fast and we liked it. But now it is slowing down😕

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
@Angel

Tht is why Angel think once before predicting or giving ur view regarding speed or storyline of d show as Ct's may visit here 😆 . Just joking But WOuld like 2 say Pace of a show depends on d current storyline . Different track needs different type of pace . Each n every track can't be run wid full same speed . some tracks need more detailed 2 b shown n some not .rght now marrige track is going on whch is full of emotions so they need 2 highlight Pintu-Krishna emotions n so they r focussing on tht . previously it was only abt krishna's mains and Prelliems n so They showed wht they were reqd 2 be shown .