Public Service Exam Scam

blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Here is an article that explains how such fraud is committed by people like Pinky's father and Tuntun Singh types. http://www.frontlineonnet.com/fl1916/19160410.htm

There are "seats for sale" in the exams and they are "bought" for a "price". It is a racket. Though vigilance agency try to catch the crooks, the system is so messed up that it needs greater cleaning up measures.

The sad part is that capable candidates like Krishna are made to "fail" making room for nitwits like Pinky. Later, these selected people feed the corruption by demanding a price for every job as they need to "repay" the corrupt (it is blackmail after that). So, the cycle is perpetrated.

Recently, the government has tried to stem some of the leaks in the system by scanning every answer document as soon as it is brought in, but there are still devious ways by which scanners mysteriously stop functioning and await to be "fixed" while answer documents are "fixed" to ensure they get the right marks.

I sincerely hope that the show represents the "decent" part of the population who still make it into the civil services and the RTI act ensures greater transparency of evaluation and the rubrics for selection. This should greatly aid the clean up of the system. Soon I hope there are such tough exams for politicians too so that we have people who can actually write legislation and understand the constitution of the country and be able to serve the electorate that elected them!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blokes thumbnail
Here is an interesting story about a person like krishna who cleaned up the entire selection process in Chattisgarh with the help of RTI act.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the articles. I hope that Afsar Bitiya raises awareness among the general public at regional level. After all TV reaches almost every household, what better tool to educate the masses, can you find, to teach about things of this nature.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
blokes thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

Thanks for the articles. I hope that Afsar Bitiya raises awareness among the general public at regional level. After all TV reaches almost every household, what better tool to educate the masses, can you find, to teach about things of this nature.

I think it is doing just that- if this serial can encourage more youth from our hinterlands to come forth and be part of the executive branch of the government, there should be a cleaner government established.
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blokes

I think it is doing just that- if this serial can encourage more youth from our hinterlands to come forth and be part of the executive branch of the government, there should be a cleaner government established.

👏 👏

NOBLE THOUGHTS INDEED!!!!!!

Thank you blokes for sharing the articles with us.

blokes thumbnail
Shridevigaddam- u r so welcome! We certainly can use this public forum to raise awareness thus!
shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the information. I know people are aware of it but money plays a dominant role in
government officials as we have seen in Indian serials, people may be bright but without money they can get know where!
WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you for the articles and the info you provided about how Government is struggling to tackle this situation.
I think Afsar Bitiya is doing a great job in spreading awareness among common people of the frauds and the corruption that goes on at such high profile service levels as well.
Heretofore i used to think that corruption is present only either at political level or the middle and lower middle level. I had high opinions of Government officials in the IAS,IPS etc positions since they are supposed to be the truly brilliant, well learned lot.
So this show is an eye opener.
frozen.devil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i hope AB follows route...
blokes thumbnail

Originally posted by: shivamala

Thanks for the information. I know people are aware of it but money plays a dominant role in
government officials as we have seen in Indian serials, people may be bright but without money they can get know where!

that is not entirely true, Shivmala- this serial's focus is more optimistic that that! Even in recent times, especially after the passing of the RTI act, many such things have been exposed. I do not know how Lokpal can actually improve things around, but the RTI act is one of the most powerful bills that have passed in recent times giving power to the common citizen.

The next step in this process to reduce corruption is for the government to demand the Swiss authorities and other banking fraternities to expose the hidden assets abroad. European countries and America sought that route officially through their governments and were able to recover considerable amounts and also expose some of their crooks in the system.