Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Kittya_Cullen

Hey everyone! I haven't seen the recent videos. However based on the current storyline, I wouldn't say that Pintu doesn't have a backbone. It has always been shown to us in the series, that Singh men always keep their word. Even when they feel uncomfortable or unfairly treated. It appears so far that Pintu is a man of his word. This strong point of his, has placed him between a rock and a hard place, his promise to his father, and his developing feelings for Krishna. Both Krishna and Pintu respect their parents and family memebers alot, and although they may disagree with them sometimes, they would never do anything to disgrace them. In that sense they are both mature, after all Pintu is rebellious, but he is the mischievous form of rebellion, not the self-serving kind. His actions are usually executed to bring some form of relief to the dilemmas presented before him. It's sad that they aren't together, but we all agree that they wouldn't be the same persons without Krishna's reserve and Pintu's silent constraint. This adds to the attraction and respect that they have for each other. The confusion, the restlessness, the pain, will all serve to help them truly cherish each other if they do get together. For the moment, the important step for Krishna is to support the situtation and succeed in her endeavour to become the BDO of her district. I hope this will eventually drive her even harder (once she can focus again😳)

OMG Wowww Wht a beautiful post ab Pintu . I sweriously don't hav words 2 praise ur post .Ur each n every word is my heart , thatzz different thing tht I m weak in explaining thngs by writting unlike u πŸ˜† .Awosome job πŸ‘.I don't hav anythng 2 add here but surely want 2 repeat ur words whch i lovedd d most " Pintu SIngh is Man of Words " He will neevr ever back off frm his words
-Deepzz- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Hola Samana ..Hi Ursh ..Main bhi aa gayi 😎

Will catch with the epi in the weekend hopefully and post my gyaan .
erlynda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
the story shows that love is not Krishna's no.1 priority that is why she's not so much bothered by pintu's engagement . And I think she is not yet sure if what she's feeling for Pintu is love because if she is then she would be crying a lot.
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sam,

I agree with these three points. well analyzed.

>>>>Nobody told Babloo about the Cheka?!?! But then again, I guess this was done on purpose so that TTS could win some sort of battle in the ongoing war over Pintoo's psyche. In one fell swoop he not only alienate Babloo from the rest of the family but also from the whole of Bhagalpur and lost no chance to taunt him about his "charity" which gave him no time for family.

>>>>>Yes, so Sargam knows. What is she going to do about it? I would love to see her discuss this with Babloo but then he doesn't seem the type who could actually help. If Sargam tried to confide in him he would probably be horrified and say Krishna had too much to do before she fell in love! Babloo was wonderful in his entry into the cheka. He made his point to his father at home, but rose above his petty behaviour and came without ego hassles to bless his little brother. It is this that is eventually going to make Pintoo more and more loyal to Babloo and TTS had better watch it!

>>>>Pintoo should really keep his gaze in check. I know he is completely into Krishna and looking is all he can do, especially after all the taunts she has faced on his account, but he doesn't seem to realise that the way he constantly looks at her does not go unnoticed and could cause her a lot of problems with her family. This to me says he is still selfish and impulsive and not really thinking about others instinctively. Krishna is much better at controlling her emotions and glances up at Pintoo only when he won't stop.

In all of these points, I am seeing the creatives self-serving tracks rather them being true to their characters. If they show in this manner, how can one believe why is Pinto so obediant to his father and brother? He must have seen something good and that's why he idolizes them. Right? Then why not show us those good things rather than just taken for granted ?
I have opened a separate subject on this matter as this post is mostly about Pinto (the truth in eyes)..

And the continued gaze that Pinto has on Krishna...I think it is the dramatized version only for few people who know that Pinto likes, such as Pinky, Dihati and Sargam and our Krishna. Else others would have noticed too. His mother was standing there. Babloo was looking at Pinto. Krishna's family was there...how can all these people miss it ? So it might not be the case that Pinto was looking so unabashedly...

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

Is Pinto going to be the boy she left behind, for Krishna?
I felt that she is about to move on to better things in life after seeing the precap.
For now she will have to let go of Pinto and concentrate on becoming a BDO and what comes with all that.
The plot to discredit Krishna maybe revealed in a few episodes but I think the damage has been done to their relationship already.
The concerned two families will not be able to reconcile for them to get together in the current setting for the foreseeable future.Or for them to get married in other words.

( Just a little bit of what I felt for today. Will have a bigger post after I collect all my thoughtsπŸ˜†)

( here is my complete thought )

All I am trying to say is that both Krishna and Pinto's actions might take them on a seperate journey.
A journey of self discovery for both of them.

After all each and every action has opposite and equal reaction.
Pinto could find how to use his courage in the correct method and Krishna could find
that she maybe a woman but she is also stronger emotionally and mentally and will fight social injustices in her district and her region eventually
Krishna becoming a BDO might galvanize Pinto into realizing that he has made an unvoiced promise to Krishna that he will always be by Krishna side
and therefore he will have to voice it through his actions and words, come what may.

At the moment his eyes are trying to convey his pain to Krishna without words and though he does not want to be betrothed to Pinky he is unable to find a solution to his problem.
Krishna has a feeling that she is loosing an important part of her life , the one who made her sit her exam, the one who dragged her out in the hospital when she was insulted and many more!
That person will not be there for her when all is said and done if this betrothal and marriage happens. I feel that this door is closing for her and the door for her future is opening that of a BDO.
Pinto needs to break this door down when it closes but who knows what would have changed when he breaks this door down, circumstances might have changed.

I two would like to see both of their journeys which is intertwined and which leads to each other.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Deeps: Welcome! πŸ€—

And to save you some trouble, everyone, SylvianaLUX is Deeps. πŸ˜ƒ

@Shridevi: Don't be misled by the title. It is not in any way instructive/indicative of what you are "supposed to talk about". This post was not at all meant to be about Pinto but rather about the episode, but as the episode focused on Pintooji's behaviour for the most part that is what ended up getting discussed most.

Not that I have any issues with your making another post, πŸ˜† which I will go read in a minute, but just trying to clear up the intention of this thread.

As for your points, I disagree. I don't think younger kids need any reason to idolise their parents or elder siblings. In fact on the contrary, I feel the natural instinct is to idolise them and they need a solid reason NOT to. This is what I think is happening on the show right now. Pintoo who is an impulsive, well-meaning, loving person would instinctively idolise his older male relatives but now he is being snapped out if it by their behaviour, which will hopefully result in an identity of his own.

And while I need no justification for why he does idolise them, I can certainly see evidence for why he has stopped and his resulting bitterness. TTS' case is much more obvious because he is forcing Pintoo into a life that he doesn't want, including the family business and Pinky.

On the other hand, Babloo,although righteous and far more defensible in his overall conduct, is not doing right by Pintoo either. He is there to fight his father and cause a scene about every injustice done to Krishna and VP, but when it came to Pintoo he was totally absent when the greatest injustice, of cornering him into this marriage, was being done and is now suddenly willing to accept at face value that it is by his own will. When he refuses to accept TTS at face value in concerns with Krishna, why this lack of investigation and suspicion in Pintoo's case?

Pintoo needs to at this point of disillusionment, not pick a side but make one of his own. He needs to stop letting his dad or his brother battle over him as though he is a mere object.

Ha! I love how in most serials we whine about the objectification of women, whereas here, it is a man that is being objectified both by his family and by Pinky. It is only in interactions with Krishna that we have seen glimpses of the strong man he can be because she treats him like a person and holds him accountable for his words and actions.

@Angel: I agree with your every point. Krishna is feeling a sense of loss in her life because a window is closing. What was beyond that window she hadn't really thought about, but the loss of that potential is certainly felt by her.

Your comments reminded me of the film, "Aandhi", one of my favourites. Have you seen it? It is very loosely based on the life of Indhira Gandhi and the love story in it is all about two people who love each other and keep trying to sacrifice their dreams to be with each other but neither of them can really let go of their beleifs so they end up parting ways only to meet nine years later. I don't think anything so radical as that is going to happen here, but I would like to see some more individual growth in the characters before their confession stage. It would be even more juicy if their personal pursuits and progress made it even more difficult for them to be together, like if Pintoo became the oblivious thekedaar who unknowingly exploits his workers, and Krishna, the BDO who comes to get them their rights and shows Pintoo the light. I would love to see those sparks fly! πŸ‘πŸΌ
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

As for your points, I disagree. I don't think younger kids need any reason to idolise their parents or elder siblings. In fact on the contrary, I feel the natural instinct is to idolise them and they need a solid reason NOT to. This is what I think is happening on the show right now. Pintoo who is an impulsive, well-meaning, loving person would instinctively idolise his older male relatives but now he is being snapped out if it by their behaviour, which will hopefully result in an identity of his own.

And while I need no justification for why he does idolise them, I can certainly see evidence for why he has stopped and his resulting bitterness. TTS' case is much more obvious because he is forcing Pintoo into a life that he doesn't want, including the family business and Pinky.

it took a while for me to understand that. I had to recall some personal examples from my life to understand that. Personally I think that trait detrimental for any individual and his growth. I am reminded how I have explained for them to move on accepting things as they are, without glorifying anyone or living by others principles.
Okay. So this goes on personality type explanations.
I did not expect the creatives to use this as the base of their drama. If the personality types are a base here for the drama content, they may also need to keep a small margin of doubt for so many other viewers who will not idolize just like that. In drama actions matter and it would be good to show us focussing on idolization aspect, if there are no obvious reasons, atleast we will know what he is fighting against and how he wants to improve.
Having Pinto's father not support a girl who knows that his son likes her and having a brother supporting the same girl but not knowing his brother likes her, seems Pinto got sandwiched between the two men. How will he know which idolization was correct and which was wrong? Seems he is losing from both.
Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
It is not uncommon for individuals even otherwise strong ones to bow down to family pressure. As for respect for elders isn't it inbuilt? So, Pintu's acquiescence to the alliance arranged by TTS is rather natural. Once he consented he could not back away from that commitment without good reason even if he has since realized that he has strong feelings for Krishna. I don't think he realized what he felt before he agreed to marry Pinky and now he feels it is too late. He can't back out without humiliating TTS' honour... and no respectful child would feel comfortable doing so. But, his feelings for Krishna are also obvious to one and all if anyone is paying attention - but, Bablo and TTS for their own reasons are opting not to see. For TTS his ego is more important than Pintu's happiness and Babloo is too wrapped up in helping become BDO that he's not seeing his brother's growing feelings for Krishna.

His looking/wanting Krishna will indeed cause her more hardship, but I don't think he can help himself... Maybe on some level he wants some signal from her that he shouldn't get engaged to Pinky or for her to stop the proceedings, but that is highly unlikely...or maybe he hopes to convey to her how helpless he is...

As for Krishna - she is attracted but, her dream for herself and her family are her priority... and that's as it should be. Its not her place to rescue Pintu from the situation especially as he has not asked for her help.
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Angel: I agree with your every point. Krishna is feeling a sense of loss in her life because a window is closing. What was beyond that window she hadn't really thought about, but the loss of that potential is certainly felt by her.

Your comments reminded me of the film, "Aandhi", one of my favourites. Have you seen it? It is very loosely based on the life of Indhira Gandhi and the love story in it is all about two people who love each other and keep trying to sacrifice their dreams to be with each other but neither of them can really let go of their beleifs so they end up parting ways only to meet nine years later. I don't think anything so radical as that is going to happen here, but I would like to see some more individual growth in the characters before their confession stage. It would be even more juicy if their personal pursuits and progress made it even more difficult for them to be together, like if Pintoo became the oblivious thekedaar who unknowingly exploits his workers, and Krishna, the BDO who comes to get them their rights and shows Pintoo the light. I would love to see those sparks fly! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Regarding the windows thing I deliberately stated doors because somebody in this AB forum somewhere stated
the meaning of the name Pinto as, "a door/gate-A passage way to a new beginning and the dawn of a new hope."

and I agree with you and you have hit the nail on the head.

Sorry I did not watch "Aandhi" but I did read the epic historic novel Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet. ( will find time to watch "Aandhi")
The story of Jack and Aliena among many other characters in the story takes ages to complete because both of
their circumstances and their choices conspires that they face sacrifices in life and after a long struggle,
is finally reunited with each other( It literately takes pages and pages of the book to arrive there).

That's just what I think and it has no bearing with this story only some minor similar elements are coming up. The story of how Pinto and Krishna comes together seems like it would take ages to complete.

Lastly I agree @bolded part of your post that would be a very enjoyable watch!πŸ˜ƒ

@Anjana

I could not have said that better than you therefore I agree on all your points.πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Shridevi: Agreed. Pintoo is sandwiched between a rock (Babloo) and a hard place (TTS). 🀒 He is damned if you do, damned if you don't and any other cliched idiomatic expressions that come to mind. πŸ˜† Poor guy, like I said before, he is being treated like a piece of meat to be fought over by most of the people he idoloses and some that he doesn't (ie Pinky).

Leave aside the ramifications of the handkerchief, Babloo didn't even bother to consider that Krishna and Pintoo were in a huge fight and that such a gesture might be awkward. To him Pintoo is just someone that can be taken for granted for help though he makes no effort to know his brother or assess the difficulties he faces.

And even Pinky treats Pintoo like some sort of prize catch. She doesn't give two hoots about his personality as long as he is rich and good looking (neither of which is in his control).

I think Krishna, and moreso his Bhabi are the only ones that have held him accountable for his decisions (or lack thereof) so far. The rest are content to give him jovial pats on the head or patronising slaps on the wrist and send him on his way.

@Anjana: I agree to all the points you made in your post and so eloquently put!

But the point that caught my attention the most was the one about Pintoo looking at Krishna incessantly as though wildly hoping she would somehow stop the proceedings or conversely that she would give him any sort of hint of permission to do so himself. He is looking at her for the smallest nod in the affirmative of her reciprocating his feelings. Naturally, Krishna will do no such thing, considering the risks to her family and her dreams, but Pintoo's subconscious seems to have kicked in there and caused him to drop the ring! 😲

Can't wait to see the anjaam of this scandalous mistake.

@Angel: Sorry for the misquote! πŸ˜› I had no idea Pinto meant door/gate! What an interesting choice of name for him. Now your analysis about doors closing makes even more sense.

POTE has been on my list for a while now. I should get down to reading it. And yeah, watch Aandhi, even if it has nothing to do with how AB turns out. It is simply a fabulous film! Another route that this could take is that of Suryavansh/Suryavamsham if anyone has seen that, though with the characters a little less exaggerated.

@General: I was thinking, I kind of want Pinky to become a BDO too. It would be realistic to show that some people can get that done through bribe and it would also be very entertaining to see the rivalry between the two cousins continue into their careers with the differences brought out between the two kinds of officers. Also, I can't imagine what her role in the show would be if she didn't either marry Pintoo or become a BDO.