Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

1) not humanitarian from my point. It is the bee buzzing around the flower. I have seen so many of college mates running unnecessary errands for the girls they are interested, in my days. πŸ˜†
Why I added his need? Pinto has somewhat of his father's blood. While he won't stop bullying Rajesh into giving him the question bank, he becoming the humanitarian for Krishna is not that believable. Humanitarian is when he discussed the question bank think with his brother and made his brother do something for his student. There was no way he could offer charity to Krishna and she would have accepted it. She thinks it was BS who presented her and she accepts it as his favour. And all the other help for Krishna, humanitarian view is also to consider Saraswati and Swati's plight. In such tight situations, most people will leave it between family members.
Humanitarian feeling stems from compassion but also needs to have a piteous state on whom we are showering the compassion and at that moment it would be just about fellow human being.

2) There is plenty of time, if they are left alone. She will be BDO and he will be the thekedaar.
But doesn't seem the creatives want them to romance. They just want them married in rush and I believe the pressure will come from Tun Tun again...

1) If you do not think it was humanitarian, then what was it and where in the story do you find evidence to support your view. Bear in mind, in SSBS, KM himself talked about the efforts of Pintu to help the character of Krishna as "humanitarian" and not necessarily to be viewed at this stage as romantic.
2) Not sure what you are saying with regarding to your second point. Please do clarify. Thanks
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Laila: I realise this is not what you want to hear, but I do think it is premature to jump to the conclusion that you are. In all honesty, I don't think the romance is going too fast at all but maybe this is because I saw yesterday's scene in a different light. I mean, yes there is some tension between Pintoo and Krishna but I have to agree with Shridevi that it is not something either of them seem ready to act on, still being in the throes of a) their huge fight and b) the improbability of their relationship c) in Krishna's case her focus on her ambition and Pintoo the fear of displeasing his father.

For me the protraction of the moment and the staring was more from Pinky's perspective. The way the scene was shot was her reading into the tableau she saw before her, rather than Pintoo and Krishna's feelings. In fact, Krishna looked distinctly awkward, which I believe is the remaining tension from their fight and not anything romantic.

To be honest, I think Pintoo is being quite selfish here, which I don't mind as it is perfectly in character. He wants to avoid opposing his dad, so he has agreed to marrry Pinky (agreed by not objecting) but other than that formal agreement, he does nothing to fulfill this relationship and as abhorent as Pinky is, it is not fair to her for him to be misleading her. This is what I feel Sargam was trying to tell him in their last conversation. Pintoo is a brat, no two ways about it. He does what he wants when he wants to.

This is I think also the justification for him helping Krishna. He wants to feel like a knight in shining armour and I think Krishna catches his interest because she is different from other girls and also because of his brother's favour. So if he helps Krishna, as much as he has good intentions, he also likes the feeling it gives him (a lot of people do charity for this reason actually).

So Pinto's bratty attitude was harmless until it came to the question of real life issues such as marriage. Boy needs to grow up and stop catering to his momentary whims. Maybe this jhatka of Pinky's will wake him up and make him realise the seriousness of the situation he has been taking so lightly.

All in all, I don't think they are jumping into the romance as yet. Of course I could be entirely wrong but this is just the feeling I get. I am hoping we do get some conversation as both of them sit up in the hospital with an injured Pinky. πŸ˜‰
Laila2009 thumbnail
πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Laila: I realise this is not what you want to hear, but I do think it is premature to jump to the conclusion that you are. In all honesty, I don't think the romance is going too fast at all but maybe this is because I saw yesterday's scene in a different light. I mean, yes there is some tension between Pintoo and Krishna but I have to agree with Shridevi that it is not something either of them seem ready to act on, still being in the throes of a) their huge fight and b) the improbability of their relationship c) in Krishna's case her focus on her ambition and Pintoo the fear of displeasing his father.

For me the protraction of the moment and the staring was more from Pinky's perspective. The way the scene was shot was her reading into the tableau she saw before her, rather than Pintoo and Krishna's feelings. In fact, Krishna looked distinctly awkward, which I believe is the remaining tension from their fight and not anything romantic.

To be honest, I think Pintoo is being quite selfish here, which I don't mind as it is perfectly in character. He wants to avoid opposing his dad, so he has agreed to marrry Pinky (agreed by not objecting) but other than that formal agreement, he does nothing to fulfill this relationship and as abhorent as Pinky is, it is not fair to her for him to be misleading her. This is what I feel Sargam was trying to tell him in their last conversation. Pintoo is a brat, no two ways about it. He does what he wants when he wants to.

This is I think also the justification for him helping Krishna. He wants to feel like a knight in shining armour and I think Krishna catches his interest because she is different from other girls and also because of his brother's favour. So if he helps Krishna, as much as he has good intentions, he also likes the feeling it gives him (a lot of people do charity for this reason actually).

So Pinto's bratty attitude was harmless until it came to the question of real life issues such as marriage. Boy needs to grow up and stop catering to his momentary whims. Maybe this jhatka of Pinky's will wake him up and make him realise the seriousness of the situation he has been taking so lightly.

All in all, I don't think they are jumping into the romance as yet. Of course I could be entirely wrong but this is just the feeling I get. I am hoping we do get some conversation as both of them sit up in the hospital with an injured Pinky. πŸ˜‰

Because you see the romance going a particular does not make it fact right? πŸ˜‰
You bring a point based on your observations and we do have some common ground in I think Krishna catches his interest because she is different from other girls and also because of his brother's favour. πŸ‘ I think this sentence hits it on the nail right there as to why Pinto has an interest in her.
Writers in India traditionally rush romances; one of the more popular directors of Indian television walked out of show because the writers of Zeetv (these are the original writers of show but the people who interfere in the storyline) rushed the love story of a show many of us liked. I hated it, saw the weakness and pointed this out over and over on IF much to the annoyance of the moderator at that time. Several months later, the director and I had a conversation and he told me why he left the show and I was spot on with the problems and he said he totally agreed with me. Romance is rushed in many shows because the producers of Zee and other shows don't have patience with them. They also don't utilize original ideas, they use the same old tired ideas. For them, rushing a romance - making the characters fall in love and head towards a marriage, is the only way they know how to show a romantic couple. He agreed with me that he wanted to show dialogue and a slow and steady story of a couple of falling in love.
Now I can spot this issue wih virtually any show and tragically I see it happening with AB. A good show going bad because someone in Zeetv is sticking their nose in the show and ready to ruin it like it does with all other shows.
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I do agree with u about your views on the ct that are behind the shows in India but not so much about this show. I have been watching some of the Indian shows for the past 3-4 years and I have to say that just like u I am always waiting for the relationship to start in a show. And whilst I am waiting the cts of the show make the show so unrealistic, they make the lead characters so annoyingly and pathetic most times I just end up hating them so by the time the show ends (if I am still watching by that time) I am like good riddance to trash. I always wondered to myself why can't they just show us a simple conversation btw the couple they spend so much on the evil characters it won't kill them to show some interaction btw the lead pair. They can talk about anything books, movies, politics u not only supposed to physically compatible with some1 but mentally compatible as well- so thanks 4 giving me an idea to what the reason might me. But I have also noticed it seems that most of the ppl behind these stories fantasy woman is actually Brook( I am a fan of hers so don't hateπŸ˜‰) from the Bold and the beautiful- but since they can't show an out and out character like her they wrap the female lead as Taylor but they are actually Brook that's why every 3rd show has 2 sisters falling in love with the same man I know that there are more woman than men in the world but please that doesn't mean we all going to fall for the same guy ( Pintu being an exception he is such a hotty if I was Pinky I would have kidnapped him by now)- another thing I don't understand is why they show men always being the aggressors in a relationship as if woman have no sex drive and make woman seem like they could happily send their nights and days in the kitchen. The only time a woman is shown doing something romantic 4 her hubby is when the cts know that she is going to be rejected.

Coming to the show the incidents that u have spoken ab I think Pintu did knew about some of it- in the 2nd episode when they were all in class and Babloo called out Krishna's name Pintu immediately looked up and just be4 his ego stepped in he had a look of relieve like he was happy that his actions of pushing her didn't result in her not doing well- so he was aware that his actions might have caused her some trouble. The question bank papers he had heard every word that Rajesh had said about her financial situation that she couldn't pay fees and so won't be able to buy the papers. He hadn't said a word in her defense than but did something even better and sweeter he followed her and wanted to give a lift to buy them- like in some way telling her not every1 was like that jerk. But when he heard that she had wanted to copy the question he had helped her by getting it copied 4 her but if u where talking ab how Pinky had gotten those boys to steal the questions or what happened be4 he pushed her he obviously had no way of finding it out coz Krishna won't say anything and no1 from the college knew about it.

Coming to Prishna the couple I have to say that the 1 thing that I hated in the 1st month of the show was the fact that I felt like there was no proper links to the next scene like how did Pintu find out that Krishna was Vidya's daughter. But more than that the sudden development of feelings that Pintu had 4 Krishna but the scenes that we had afterwards btw these 2 have just been so beautiful and meaningful that I am willing to let it go. The staring btw the 2 at the moment-we are just so deprived of scenes btw the 2 that I am willing to take anything- I always said to myself 1 of the roles that I would choose 4 kinshuk would be is a silent film coz he is just so expressive with his eyes and facial expression that I would be able to decipher what he was trying to say- so I'm kind of getting it here and he is with an actress who is equally good with her eyes as well as facial expression so I don't have a problem with it yet but I do wish that they do articulate their feelings 4 each another soon. the hand touching come on its cute and atleast she didnt fall and he caught -when i 1st watched the bump at swati's wedding i was like thank god for she wasnt shown falling. But another thing at the moment the pace of their love story is actually perfect Pintu has been very much aware of his feelings 4 her but refuses to give it a name and Krishna ever since she was given the magically slap that not only made her write her exams but also made her actually think about him she has been more aware of him as a guy. and its very new still and we haev a long time to go be4 we see them fully having a good conversation with 1 another.

But furthermore ab love u don't need to know a person's favorite food, singer, actor or color to be in love with them in and Pintu might not know these basic things ab her but he actually knows quite a lot about her personality. He might not have had a proper conversation with her but he has kind of been silently observing her and her ways- he has listened/overheard a number of her conversations with Babloo. But that being said he is a brat so everything he does or any1 near him is kind of tainted with his bratness so to speak. The thing that actually attracts him to her is actually her naturalness, how unaware she actually is of herself and at the moment he likes being with her coz she doesnt let him get away with things and i think its quite freshing 4 him to be with a person like her coz i am sure that ppl give him right of way coz he is TT son

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

My views:

Krishna and Pintu are drawn to each other. When one is drawn to the other, the most natural thing is to find a way to be together. Like Pinky tries to be with Pinto.

But this attraction is forbidden from the point of both Pinto and Krishna.

Pinto cannot be drawn as Krishna was the daughter of his father's employee to begin with. There is social status objection. Pinto naturally knows relationship is not going to be socially equal. But he keeps his attraction bouyant in the beginning because he sees a potential in her to rise above the unequal social statuses they have. And part of his need to help her in becoming BDO is because it is his need to see her on a higher pedestal. That way display wise the relationship won't look bad. And his helping is fuelled by Babloo's interest in Krishna. He then garbs his help as if he is helping his brother.
Now with the fiasco of getting promised to Pinky and his father hating Vidya and Krishna, it has become a forbidden thing to even look at Krishna. Even then his attraction towards Krishna doesn't stop him from stealing glances, finding ways to help her. He doesn't want to and he ends up drawing near to her. He looks at her with whatever feelings he has because that is the only communication channel left to him amidst the predicament he is stuck with.

Krishna cannot be drawn to Pinto because he is the son of her father's employer. And she knows they are not rich and more importantly romancing or falling in love is not her priority.
Then why Krishna allows herself to look at Pinto the way she does. It is because, here is a man who had the guts to make her write the exam and the honour to stay away from her on her command. She had to relieve him from her command as it was her need. Then few good moments enjoyed. The girl forgot all priorities and just enjoyed the fact that someone said she was looking beautiful. Alas! that could not stay long. She gets insulted by his father. So now it is a clear NO NO.
Now with that fiasco, it is forbidden thing for her to even think of him, but she ends up fighting for him and remembering his words, thankful for his concern. Even she knows she's stealing some moments and nothing else.

So pretty much, they are indulging in forbidden stuff through looks and finding way to be close through some action. Talking does not come at this point.

i dnt think in the beginning that he has ever seen that he cnt be with her coz her dad worked for his dad, he's a brat not a snob, the only reason he isnt allowing himself to be truthful with himself ab his feelings 4 her is coz he doesnt want to offend his dad. i dnt think it matters at all to him that she is poorer than him but more than that he is not only traditonal in his dressing, manners bt also he is down to earth.
him helping her to raise her social status- u are actually accrediting him with a degree of intelligence and sense that the boy at the moment doesn't possess as well as a shrewdness that he doesn't have in him. I am not saying he is stupid but that he is a very reactive character in most instances. When he gets a thought in his mind and thinks he is right he will go to any extent to see it through, he doesn't see any other result besides the 1 he has envisioned(actually feel that his don't care, wild attitude is a response to his family life where he has to be very responsible and sensible and hold a lot of his feelings back). He can't even decide whether he wants a job how in the world would he come up with such a thought ab him and Krishna. when he 1st started helping her it was just help bt as he spent more time with her he started to lik her and i do think he kind of takes any chance he can get to be with her. the way he stares at her its a very natural as well as i don't think he is aware that the way he looks at her is so obvious to every1that he likes her.- its almost like he simply cnt help himself

coming to krishna i think she also dn t really care that he is richer than her at the moment- she might have mentioned it in anger that he is doing whatever he likes with her life coz her dad is working 4 his bt i think it was done in a moment of anger. bt i think there is an attraction which is very strong at the moment bt i dnt think its love just yet 4 her on should i say its on its way to being love.- so love, marriage which i dnt really think is on her mind at the moment is not on her mind when she sees him.

forbidden stuff what a beautiful way to describe the way they look at each another and u are right it actually should be forbidden 4 them to look at each another coz when they do their eyes reveal to every1 how much they are attracted to each another. and yes to a degree talking dnt really fit in at the moment.

oh and Shivdevi its Sandia
Edited by sandiab - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sandia,
In India, and in places like Bhagalpur, caste, money, power, social statuses start playing in the subject's mind from the very beginning. In India sometimes understanding the caste and social strata gives a lot of worldly diplomacy than just academic and educated knowledge. I myself am careful to notice the surnames and regions they come from. It always helps out building relationships and eases out the obtuseness through sensitivity. But again I am sort of from a different generation here.

A kid or a young person doesn't need to be intelligent to be under those influences. One knows naturally to whom he can get associated with and with whom you cannot. Its the same thing as being bratty to me, although my parents never taught us to be brats but be broad in mind with acceptance of diversity.

And its not like the Indian metro cities where in the crowd we sometimes don't know who is our neighbour. Small cities still hold their culture in tact. Look at the language of the show. It speaks how they want to show being attached to the roots.

That's why I am reading the character in that manner. Krishna's own family favoured the Male Child of the family for years until Saraswati realised that she should not discriminate between sons and daughters after Swati's marriage when she learns how her daughter salvaged the situation acting beyond what she had believed her capable of. So if we think in terms of Male Dominance and Male Politics and Male bonding, then the special favours to Krishna from Pinto need to be reasoned with all his other ideologies.

Why the silence and no need to talk. Because truly there is no need to talk. He understands her very well from a social angle even if not knowing her from Individual angle. He does understand the girl's character and nerve who came running to the interview venue without her dupatta in that local city. It takes a passion, a determination and courage to do what Krishna did in the first or second episode. This starts elevating her in the individual capacity but that does not stop him from seeing her social standing.

I mean we have to watch the show from these mental oppositions as well. These things are subtle to be observed, but show this to the Bhagalpur crowd or show this to my south indian mom, she will understand this in a snap. It looks very crass to talk about castes, social status etd, but is not our Indian politics rife with these dividers and don't they carve out the electorate support through them.

To me this divide between the two is so wide that I am waiting to see when it will narrow down.

That brings me to a different topic which was started by AngelDark about antagonists and protagonists. I am yet to send that out.

Sorry for making a social post. But then it was nice to share..

Laila2009 thumbnail
sandiab
Some interesting points...
I do agree with u about your views on the ct that are behind the shows in India but not so much about this show. I have been watching some of the Indian shows for the past 3-4 years and I have to say that just like u I am always waiting for the relationship to start in a show. And whilst I am waiting the cts of the show make the show so unrealistic, they make the lead characters so annoyingly and pathetic most times I just end up hating them so by the time the show ends (if I am still watching by that time) I am like good riddance to trash. I always wondered to myself why can't they just show us a simple conversation btw the couple they spend so much on the evil characters it won't kill them to show some interaction btw the lead pair. They can talk about anything books, movies, politics u not only supposed to physically compatible with some1 but mentally compatible as well- so thanks 4 giving me an idea to what the reason might me.
I have been trying to make this point for nearly 3 years. Yet very few people listen or udnerstand what I am saying. We don't fall in love at first sight; we have something in common with someone, we have opportuintes to interact with them and then, before we realize it, we've found ourselves attracted to the person. In AB, the two leads have had only two interactions - one where Pinto took her to take her mains and the second where both of them pretended to play husband and wife. Then, after that its been weeks since we've seen anything, and they're supposed to be "in love?"
But I have also noticed it seems that most of the ppl behind these stories fantasy woman is actually Brook( I am a fan of hers so don't hateπŸ˜‰) from the Bold and the beautiful- but since they can't show an out and out character like her they wrap the female lead as Taylor but they are actually Brook that's why every 3rd show has 2 sisters falling in love with the same man I know that there are more woman than men in the world but please that doesn't mean we all going to fall for the same guy ( Pintu being an exception he is such a hotty if I was Pinky I would have kidnapped him by now)- another thing I don't understand is why they show men always being the aggressors in a relationship as if woman have no sex drive and make woman seem like they could happily send their nights and days in the kitchen. The only time a woman is shown doing something romantic 4 her hubby is when the cts know that she is going to be rejected.
I never watched this show - Bold and the Beautiful; it was not the most popular here in the US and hence probably cheaper for Indian television to purchase. But like all other shows it has the same mirch masla as do all American soaps. Pinky attracted to Pintu is fine...but that doesn't mean they can't show more scenes with Pintu and Krishna. Part of the reason the scenes are so limited is the writers really don't have anything they can write - life experience is minimal or they are not as well-read - who knows...But you are right in that we never see the lead as an aggressor or interested in the male lead; she is often just standing their waiting for him to pursue her...We don't have to make her a suicidal mess or a bitter and mean person, but it never hurts to show her liking someone before the guy likes her in return. I would like to see Krishna cognizant of her feelings for Pintu but afraid to act on them because he is a) the son of her father's employer and b) the fiance of her cousin. It would not go amiss if the writers showed she was hurt at the idea of him marrying her and hiding those feelings...but at the same time, she hardly knows Pintu, so why would she care?

Coming to the show the incidents that u have spoken ab I think Pintu did knew about some of it- in the 2nd episode when they were all in class and Babloo called out Krishna's name Pintu immediately looked up and just be4 his ego stepped in he had a look of relieve like he was happy that his actions of pushing her didn't result in her not doing well- so he was aware that his actions might have caused her some trouble. The question bank papers he had heard every word that Rajesh had said about her financial situation that she couldn't pay fees and so won't be able to buy the papers. He hadn't said a word in her defense than but did something even better and sweeter he followed her and wanted to give a lift to buy them- like in some way telling her not every1 was like that jerk. But when he heard that she had wanted to copy the question he had helped her by getting it copied 4 her but if u where talking ab how Pinky had gotten those boys to steal the questions or what happened be4 he pushed her he obviously had no way of finding it out coz Krishna won't say anything and no1 from the college knew about it.

I am aware of these things, but these do not a relationship make. It's not what you fall in love with someone about. It's stuff that makes you interested in "knowing someone" but not in "falling in love with them."
Coming to Prishna the couple I have to say that the 1 thing that I hated in the 1st month of the show was the fact that I felt like there was no proper links to the next scene like how did Pintu find out that Krishna was Vidya's daughter. But more than that the sudden development of feelings that Pintu had 4 Krishna but the scenes that we had afterwards btw these 2 have just been so beautiful and meaningful that I am willing to let it go. The staring btw the 2 at the moment-we are just so deprived of scenes btw the 2 that I am willing to take anything- I always said to myself 1 of the roles that I would choose 4 kinshuk would be is a silent film coz he is just so expressive with his eyes and facial expression that I would be able to decipher what he was trying to say- so I'm kind of getting it here and he is with an actress who is equally good with her eyes as well as facial expression so I don't have a problem with it yet but I do wish that they do articulate their feelings 4 each another soon. the hand touching come on its cute and atleast she didnt fall and he caught -when i 1st watched the bump at swati's wedding i was like thank god for she wasnt shown falling. But another thing at the moment the pace of their love story is actually perfect Pintu has been very much aware of his feelings 4 her but refuses to give it a name and Krishna ever since she was given the magically slap that not only made her write her exams but also made her actually think about him she has been more aware of him as a guy. and its very new still and we haev a long time to go be4 we see them fully having a good conversation with 1 another.
Well, the show is definitely turning into a silent film - we've hardly had any dialogue between the two. Also, I didn't like the slap; I don't approve of these things. There is no justification to slapping a woman or anyone and it doesn't signify caring for them. She was not hysterical, just obstinate.

But furthermore ab love u don't need to know a person's favorite food, singer, actor or color to be in love with them in and Pintu might not know these basic things ab her but he actually knows quite a lot about her personality. He might not have had a proper conversation with her but he has kind of been silently observing her and her ways- he has listened/overheard a number of her conversations with Babloo. But that being said he is a brat so everything he does or any1 near him is kind of tainted with his bratness so to speak. The thing that actually attracts him to her is actually her naturalness, how unaware she actually is of herself and at the moment he likes being with her coz she doesnt let him get away with things and i think its quite freshing 4 him to be with a person like her coz i am sure that ppl give him right of way coz he is TT son

All he knows is she is hard working and willing to sacrifice and she's very serious about her studies. She is willing to stand up for what is right but it's not enough to be in love; it's only enough to spark a willingness to know someone some more.