Krishna and Pintu II

Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Romance is not a talent that many CVs aspire too. I can only guess that none of them have ever been in a relationship with anyone and most, if not all, have arranged marriages. In Afsar Bitya, the writers have used the tried and overdone senarios of the staring (with some annoying but current song playing) and the accidental hand touching or bumping into each other. Since the episode where Pintu kidnapped Krishna, we have yet to see these two engage in a conversation. Romance blossoms when you get to know someone; Pintu and Krishna do not know each other. Does he know anything about her, her hardships, the fact she was running to her interview/exam the day he pushed her over because the tempo broke down and her shoe broke? Or that she struggled to find 2000 rupees to cover the book or that some boys had stolen it?
Pintu knows nothing about Krishna, but we are supposed to assume that now these two are in love? Come on writers, give us something else. Once again we have to promising characters with chance of a wonderful romance, and the writers have done zilch beyond giving us the same old same old stuff. Look, if these guys cannot write romance, I will write it for them and for FREE. Clearly AB has run of steam if this is the best we're going to get.
To members of this IF, please do not pacify me with responses with "O the romance will come..." Read my post carefully and understand the point being made and that is the CVs of a show need to expand their horizons and as audience members, if we demand it, it will happen.
Edited by Laila2009 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree when I was watching todays episode I thought the staring was going on for a bit too long and yeah they should know eachother first like you wrote. 😊
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Laila I would just like 2 say one thing tht Love doesn't know abt any condition . n When U fell for some1 U don't fall for him thinking tht Ohh First I know him 1st n then Shld fall for him. I mean first U do get attracted 2wds d Person n then Slowly Slowly Uget 2 know abt him . n May b Pintu doesn't know abt d thngs U listed abt Krishna but U can't deny d fact tht he understands krishna , He knows Krishna frm Heart n I think in love It's more imp for d Perosn 2 know d Other person frm heart rather then knowing abt his likes n Dislikes n d Problems . Just my POV n I hope U did got wht I want 2 say .

They were staring each other becozz They do feel for each other , they feel some connection for each other n 2dy their emotioons came out in form of tht scene where they both couldn't resst themselves frm getting lost into each other . I think It was very well executed n showed by Ct's
-SilverDragon- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: moniluvskinshuk

Laila I would just like 2 say one thing tht Love doesn't know abt any condition . n When U fell for some1 U don't fall for him thinking tht Ohh First I know him 1st n then Shld fall for him. I mean first U do get attracted 2wds d Person n then Slowly Slowly Uget 2 know abt him . n May b Pintu doesn't know abt d thngs U listed abt Krishna but U can't deny d fact tht he understands krishna , He knows Krishna frm Heart n I think in love It's more imp for d Perosn 2 know d Other person frm heart rather then knowing abt his likes n Dislikes n d Problems . Just my POV n I hope U did got wht I want 2 say .

They were staring each other becozz They do feel for each other , they feel some connection for each other n 2dy their emotioons came out in form of tht scene where they both couldn't resst themselves frm getting lost into each other . I think It was very well executed n showed by Ct's

That's true I didn't think of that. 😳
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: moniluvskinshuk

Moni, I appreciate your effort to help understand what the writers are doing and your efforts to try to explain it are noted. However, I think you've missed the crux of my post. Relationships, getting to know someone, etc, are learned by engaging in interaction and conversation. Whether it is a romance, a friendship etc, we learn to know someone by interacting with them. We do not not "know" someone just like that...Now, we might "assume" (and here is a weakness of the writers for not having shown it), we know another person when another person talks about their experiences with that person (in this case Babloo talking about Krishna at home and with Pintu) over a period of time. However, to fall in love...that is something that requires interaction and this is missing from the story.
Writers do not spend time in developing relationships. They give us one episode and instantly two characters start a romance. We can assume that Pintu and Krishna are attracted to each other and her uncomfortable with their feelings hence the awkwardness but beyond this, we do not have a romance...it's rather farfetched if not dull to have them in love and ready to get married at this stage. Instead, we need to have more dialogue, more interaction, CONVERSATION etc. What I advocate are more scenes of them. Unfortunately, most writers do not go beyond the constant staring and bumping into each other and this is my major complaint. As a viewer, I like these characters and want more. I feel even the "attraction" is premature. I guess my standards are different and I am not willing to accept what I've already seen in countless other shows. I want originality and creativty otherwise writers need to rename themselves and call them unoriginal copycats.
Edited by Laila2009 - 12 years ago
580212 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Laila2009

Romance is not a talent that many CVs aspire too. I can only guess that none of them have ever been in a relationship with anyone and most, if not all, have arranged marriages. In Afsar Bitya, the writers have used the tried and overdone senarios of the staring (with some annoying but current song playing) and the accidental hand touching or bumping into each other. Since the episode where Pintu kidnapped Krishna, we have yet to see these two engage in a conversation. Romance blossoms when you get to know someone; Pintu and Krishna do not know each other. Does he know anything about her, her hardships, the fact she was running to her interview/exam the day he pushed her over because the tempo broke down and her shoe broke? Or that she struggled to find 2000 rupees to cover the book or that some boys had stolen it?

Pintu knows nothing about Krishna, but we are supposed to assume that now these two are in love? Come on writers, give us something else. Once again we have to promising characters with chance of a wonderful romance, and the writers have done zilch beyond giving us the same old same old stuff. Look, if these guys cannot write romance, I will write it for them and for FREE. Clearly AB has run of steam if this is the best we're going to get.
To members of this IF, please do not pacify me with responses with "O the romance will come..." Read my post carefully and understand the point being made and that is the CVs of a show need to expand their horizons and as audience members, if we demand it, it will happen.

I totally agree with you here. You have expressed your points well. Krishna & Pintu don't know each other and your right, there hardly has been any scene where they both talk. I think the staring at the end was sweet but exessive and this is definately not going to cut in future episodes.
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: UrshP

I totally agree with you here. You have expressed your points well. Krishna & Pintu don't know each other and your right, there hardly has been any scene where they both talk. I think the staring at the end was sweet but exessive and this is definately not going to cut in future episodes.

Thank you for sharing. I am glad I am not alone. I express frustration here as I truly liked this drama and the two leads and find that the CVs (and Zee's) treatment of them is very disappointing. So much was working in the right direction and it's totally destroyed because the writers did not take advantage of two very interesting characters. I believe there are many in the audience who want more but lower their expectations out of fear of being disappointed. However, viewers do have a voice, and they need to make that voice known that they want higher standards. If people voice these, the CVs (whom I believe frequent these forums), will make a difference.

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My views:

Krishna and Pintu are drawn to each other. When one is drawn to the other, the most natural thing is to find a way to be together. Like Pinky tries to be with Pinto.

But this attraction is forbidden from the point of both Pinto and Krishna.

Pinto cannot be drawn as Krishna was the daughter of his father's employee to begin with. There is social status objection. Pinto naturally knows relationship is not going to be socially equal. But he keeps his attraction bouyant in the beginning because he sees a potential in her to rise above the unequal social statuses they have. And part of his need to help her in becoming BDO is because it is his need to see her on a higher pedestal. That way display wise the relationship won't look bad. And his helping is fuelled by Babloo's interest in Krishna. He then garbs his help as if he is helping his brother.
Now with the fiasco of getting promised to Pinky and his father hating Vidya and Krishna, it has become a forbidden thing to even look at Krishna. Even then his attraction towards Krishna doesn't stop him from stealing glances, finding ways to help her. He doesn't want to and he ends up drawing near to her. He looks at her with whatever feelings he has because that is the only communication channel left to him amidst the predicament he is stuck with.

Krishna cannot be drawn to Pinto because he is the son of her father's employer. And she knows they are not rich and more importantly romancing or falling in love is not her priority.
Then why Krishna allows herself to look at Pinto the way she does. It is because, here is a man who had the guts to make her write the exam and the honour to stay away from her on her command. She had to relieve him from her command as it was her need. Then few good moments enjoyed. The girl forgot all priorities and just enjoyed the fact that someone said she was looking beautiful. Alas! that could not stay long. She gets insulted by his father. So now it is a clear NO NO.
Now with that fiasco, it is forbidden thing for her to even think of him, but she ends up fighting for him and remembering his words, thankful for his concern. Even she knows she's stealing some moments and nothing else.

So pretty much, they are indulging in forbidden stuff through looks and finding way to be close through some action. Talking does not come at this point.

That's what I feel.

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

My views:

Krishna and Pintu are drawn to each other. When one is drawn to the other, the most natural thing is to find a way to be together. Like Pinky tries to be with Pinto.

But this attraction is forbidden from the point of both Pinto and Krishna.

Pinto cannot be drawn as Krishna was the daughter of his father's employee to begin with. There is social status objection. Pinto naturally knows relationship is not going to be socially equal. But he keeps his attraction bouyant in the beginning because he sees a potential in her to rise above the unequal social statuses they have. And part of his need to help her in becoming BDO is because it is his need to see her on a higher pedestal. That way display wise the relationship won't look bad. And his helping is fuelled by Babloo's interest in Krishna. He then garbs his help as if he is helping his brother.
Now with the fiasco of getting promised to Pinky and his father hating Vidya and Krishna, it has become a forbidden thing to even look at Krishna. Even then his attraction towards Krishna doesn't stop him from stealing glances, finding ways to help her. He doesn't want to and he ends up drawing near to her. He looks at her with whatever feelings he has because that is the only communication channel left to him amidst the predicament he is stuck with.

Krishna cannot be drawn to Pinto because he is the son of her father's employer. And she knows they are not rich and more importantly romancing or falling in love is not her priority.
Then why Krishna allows herself to look at Pinto the way she does. It is because, here is a man who had the guts to make her write the exam and the honour to stay away from her on her command. She had to relieve him from her command as it was her need. Then few good moments enjoyed. The girl forgot all priorities and just enjoyed the fact that someone said she was looking beautiful. Alas! that could not stay long. She gets insulted by his father. So now it is a clear NO NO.
Now with that fiasco, it is forbidden thing for her to even think of him, but she ends up fighting for him and remembering his words, thankful for his concern. Even she knows she's stealing some moments and nothing else.

So pretty much, they are indulging in forbidden stuff through looks and finding way to be close through some action. Talking does not come at this point.

That's what I feel.

Very interesting observations. I hope this is what the writers intended, if not, then they need to hire you to cover up their efforts 😊. However, we do have a few areas where we will need to differ. For me, the reason Pinto helps Krishna to me is simply a humanitarian effort - he wants to help her succeed as she is the most promising student of his brother. She's a young girl who has not had a chance in life and this is her chance and he wants to make sure she does not throw it all away. I don't see him helping her to increase her social standing so he can marry her. During the course of helping her, he has developed a fondness for her (which I feel was rather rushed on the part of the writers, but what else can I say...). For example, when she was betrothed to get married, he was not hear broken because he lost her but because she had lost the chance to better herself as a person both economically and professionally. The actor himself mentioned that his characters efforts to help Krishna were purely humanitarian as well.
Also Krishna can be drawn to Pinto but she cannot act on these feelings because he is the son of her father's employer. She is touched and embarassed when he compliments her - she even goes and checks herself out in the mirror but she is reserved and refuses to act on his efforts to tease her. If she likes him it is because he has gone out of his way for her.
While "talking" does not come at this point, we still have only an "attraction" here between people, we do not have a romance and most definitely NOT a marriage, but for our CVs, they will rush this attraction as a full blown romance. Plus, even if these two are catching glances and stares, as viewers this is old and slate and often the only way we can see two characters engage in romance. Good dialogue, conversation and that too witty - makes for great entertainment and romance and this is the point I am trying to make. If not now, when? Once they are married?
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Laila2009

Very interesting observations. I hope this is what the writers intended, if not, then they need to hire you to cover up their efforts 😊. However, we do have a few areas where we will need to differ. For me, the reason Pinto helps Krishna to me is simply a humanitarian effort - he wants to help her succeed as she is the most promising student of his brother.

Plus, even if these two are catching glances and stares, as viewers this is old and slate and often the only way we can see two characters engage in romance. Good dialogue, conversation and that too witty - makes for great entertainment and romance and this is the point I am trying to make. If not now, when? Once they are married?

1) not humanitarian from my point. It is the bee buzzing around the flower. I have seen so many of college mates running unnecessary errands for the girls they are interested, in my days. 😆
Why I added his need? Pinto has somewhat of his father's blood. While he won't stop bullying Rajesh into giving him the question bank, he becoming the humanitarian for Krishna is not that believable. Humanitarian is when he discussed the question bank think with his brother and made his brother do something for his student. There was no way he could offer charity to Krishna and she would have accepted it. She thinks it was BS who presented her and she accepts it as his favour. And all the other help for Krishna, humanitarian view is also to consider Saraswati and Swati's plight. In such tight situations, most people will leave it between family members.
Humanitarian feeling stems from compassion but also needs to have a piteous state on whom we are showering the compassion and at that moment it would be just about fellow human being.

2) There is plenty of time, if they are left alone. She will be BDO and he will be the thekedaar.
But doesn't seem the creatives want them to romance. They just want them married in rush and I believe the pressure will come from Tun Tun again...

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago