my thoughts on krishna

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Most Indian shows often portray woman in a very negative light whenever they make a decision it's shown to be done very emotionally and they often appear to be mentally insane. Even though these shows are meant to show the strength of woman they often miss out the human element in these characters and they once again put woman on pedestals. There is a certain type of female that is always been depicting and she is shown to be the ideal woman and forgiveness, sacrificing is done based on the fact that this is the way they are or the way most woman are rather than on proper reasons. But our expectations of Krishna are very high coz from the very beginning of this show we have seen her being portrayed as some1 who is very sensible; rational she makes a decision after careful thought and she tries to stick to it. Whenever she has forgiven some1 or when she wanted to give up her studies there where good, solid reasons for it whether it has been coz of the situation or coz she knows how the person is. The milk scene in the 1st episode as well as when her mom wants her to die is so powerful coz each time there is a question in her eyes why are u treating me different, what have I done that is so wrong. But the moment she reflects on how her mom is she realizes that she shouldn't take her mom's actions to heart coz that's the way she is and she knows her mom loves her.

I know that most fans where extremely disappointed by the way Krishna reacted whilst her father was arrested and her actions afterwards but I felt if they had shown her in any other way it would have been incorrect in how we as humans really react to everything. I will give u a personal example my aunty happens to have been a nurse for 12 years and the last 6 she has been a theater nurse. But just a couple weeks ago my granny had to for a laser treatment for her eyes and they had to inject her eyes be4 they could precede and as soon as she saw the needle near my granny's eyes she fainted. I saw her a couple of hours later and she was still in a state of shock and every 1(doctors, nurses who knew her and our whole family) couldn't believe she fainted. My 1st question to her was it a big needle and she said no she has seen much bigger and I remember telling when we can handle any situation practically, sensibly if it's a stranger but when it comes to our loved 1's we won't react the same way. So Krishna bewilderment, how lost she was, the fact that she ran home immediately to get help is the correct thing for her character I wouldn't really have wanted a prolonged scene of her running after her dad whilst he was in the police van that always happens in these Indian shows. Also her wanting to go to her uncle for help I feel is correct coz besides her dad he is the eldest in the family and no matter what our family are like in real life if something happened we will look to them for help and advice. The whole protest thing I have to say that I actually really liked how it happened it was done very nicely but again they could have shown her actively doing something.

But along with this very strong personality her strengths, her never give up nature has overshadowed her reckless and nave nature as well. Her best friend, her companion is her books and not ppl and I think she is not only different from her fellow students but also from her own siblings. With every1 she is always the mature, responsible 1 coz every step she has taken so far in life has been a challenge for her and the only person she is probably her real self with is actually with Pintu. In most cases when a potential jodi come together we see the females strength but with Pintu we are reminded that she is still a young, innocent girl who doesn't really know much ab the world. With him she somehow isn't always the mature 1 but more than that she doesn't react to ppl the way she reacts to Pintu.

The beauty of Krishna is that she is different, she's a very strong, determined character she has a purpose and an aim in life that is to not only take care of her family but to change her community. But at the same time I have noticed that the cts have tried to give her a lot of characteristics of other female characters on TV docility, obedience and naivety. I just think that they must be very careful with this character and how they take her forward in the future that by trying to bridge the gap btw her being a progressive individual who can have the beauty of these others character they don't lose the essence of who this character actually is. Coz the truth is that Krishna is never going to quiet be like the rest of the characters on TV and they shouldn't make her like them coz she is a gem as she is. i really pray that i am not disappointed in her as the show goes forward coz of stupid mistakes by the cts coz they want to make this show like every other show that is on indian tv. AB is different, krishna is different, Pintu is different from other male leads on tv and the fans that are watching it watch it 4 this reason and this reason alone they need to live up to the expectations and standards that they have sofar set for themselves and the audience.

don't forget to hit freaking awesome, comment on each an others posts and like them( even if u hate it i have to do that all the time), makes post and comment on AB actors pages so their ranks goes higher and our show goes to number

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Sandia dear today u r in roll . Wowww Once again a beautiful Post abt krishna . Wht 2 say yaar U said it all. Nothng left whch i can add. U explained so beautifully. Now telling somethng would b a repeat so I would only repeat tht yes krishna is a very very ebautiful char n a real one as well who hav flaws in her like every normal person . I loved wht u said tht whenevr she is wid Pintu she is again a innocent cute gal n Ziddi akroo too 😉 . n this makes her relationshp wid Pintu different frm any other relationshp she hav wid others . I also aggree tht She is compeltely different wid Pintu unlike she is wid others , her reaction for pintu is totatlyy different .
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey sadia beautiful post and I agree with your each and every word. Krishna is a really very beautiful character and her reactions vary with every person and according to circumstances.

I love the most is she is not over sacrificing type who is ready to sacrifice herself at every silly reason whenever she try to do she does for very strong reason and at the same time she aspire to make the things back to normal. The best part is they showed her showing some flaws which she is made to be understood by others. Like Babloo-krishna confrontation (where he made her realize how to give back to people like TTS), VP-krishna (after DC confrontation).

True with Pintu her behavior, her attitude differs which make it different relationship from all other relationship. They both are strong headed, ziddi types in front of each other and act like young kids fighting for their fav. chocolates.
580212 thumbnail
You have made an outstanding post Sandia! I don't think I can say any thing better then what you have already.

I hope like you said that Cvs live up to viewers expectations.
sandiab thumbnail

Originally posted by: moniluvskinshuk

Sandia dear today u r in roll . Wowww Once again a beautiful Post abt krishna . Wht 2 say yaar U said it all. Nothng left whch i can add. U explained so beautifully. Now telling somethng would b a repeat so I would only repeat tht yes krishna is a very very ebautiful char n a real one as well who hav flaws in her like every normal person . I loved wht u said tht whenevr she is wid Pintu she is again a innocent cute gal n Ziddi akroo too 😉 . n this makes her relationshp wid Pintu different frm any other relationshp she hav wid others . I also aggree tht She is compeltely different wid Pintu unlike she is wid others , her reaction for pintu is totatlyy different .

i actually had written the 2 posts that i put up nearly 2 weeksago bt something was wrong with my usb so couldnt save it and post it here when i came on line be4. i love how she is with him seriously its amazing to watch them together and i am loving the fact that we get to see her being different with him and show us this side to her. she dnt get angry in a hurry adn its nyc to see her lose control only with him
sandiab thumbnail

Originally posted by: urshiep

You have made an outstanding post Sandia! I don't think I can say any thing better then what you have already.

I hope like you said that Cvs live up to viewers expectations.

thank u jaan i truly hope that they dnt disappoint us coz they have set the bar very high and they must keep it up and not allow things like trps to destroy the story and even more go of track trying to make the show and krishna like other shows on tv.