Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

Angel,

When I read this post, I was saying to myself. Oh! Angel did you read that other post of mine? May be you read it and you didn't like. Lekin ho sakta hai you might not have read...so posting the link here. Its sort of my suggestions.

And 100% agree with those two quotes. Yehi to main kah rahi thi. Want entertainment and drama with no dullness. All silliness will be forgiven by me if I just get entertained. As per my mental level of course!! 😆

And thanks for your kind words.

Shridevi

I did read that post. I liked the bolded part of your post most.
Also I would like to state , make the antagonists as strong as the protagonist not silly!

My argument is that are we ready to see something like Jim Carreys 1991 movie High Strung on Indian TV.

In the film Jim Carrey plays the central character of "Thane Furrows, who spends the day messing around his apartment
and complaining about a number of random subjects like (among other things) flies, popsicles, junk mail, his boss' wife,
his upstairs neighbor, smoking, salesmen,and philosophizes on a number of things such as the morality of eating humans
and the sensibility of keeping pets."

To conclude I am saying that a movie can't describe a taste. We need a character to tell us what the taste is then only we know that the rice he is eating is too sour or too salty.
Juxtaposition is good when it is good but we also need action to carry forward the story.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
@Angel: I agree completely and I think that is where the show is flagging just a little bit to be honest. They seem not to know how to tell the story with the BDO plot as the central theme so that becomes just one aspect and all these tangential tracks get introduced which can make the story feel as though it is dragging unnecessarily at times.

I hope they get back on track in this regard soon as the show is still going well, just that it could be a much tighter operation altogether. I think they should avoid dragging the suspense of whether Krishna becomes a BDO (thanks to the bribed examiners) and the Pinky suicide thing (which can run as a parallel track) and get Krishna in that office as soon as possible. Then it would be wonderful to see her deal with the problems Shridevi outlined in her other post.

I would love to see a clash with Pintoo as well, as he is going to be a thekedaar like his dad, where she refuses to help him do something outside the law, or a dilemma where breaking the law could help people better than keeping it.

And I agree that antagonists should be just as smart as the protagonists to provide a real challenge that they must overcome. I did like the bag-stealing episode for this reason as Krishna had to confront the antagonist and become resourceful to evoke his humanity and collect her admit card.

They have some excellent characters and real work has gone into casting them, and building their personalities over the last two months. Now they need to make these characters DO something!