Afsar Bitiya and hereafter

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
It seems to me that the creatives do not have a great story to tell in Afsar Bitiya.

That the lead character Krishna is going to Afsar any day is taken for granted thing by creative themselves and because of this underlying plot, all creatives do is to bank upon how to drag the story taking far away from the obvious events of
giving interview post Prelimns
Writing Mains
Interview post Mains

Instead of showing struggles of the girl on her way to dream in terms of idealogical and circumstantial oppositions faced when going to college etc, here the show started straightaway with her going for Interview of the Preliminary Exam.

Viewers found that gripping. The two day episodic accomplishment was fast-track and really interesting.

Then comes the DRAG...
Now her struggle is only about her getting lucky for the intended event amidst so many unlucky turns she has on her straight-forward road to the obvious.

It took one month for the creatives to actually let Krishna sit for Mains exam when in actual story it was scheduled a week after the Prelimn interview.
In that one month, never was there any positive moment shown, but it always how unlucky she gets, be it the question bank fiasco, be it Swati's marriage fixing and her getting pulled into inadvertently, then the girl losing focus succumbing to her mother's wishes and then finally succumbing to her father and Pintoo's wishes to write the exam. So she has a MIRACULOUS redemption from backing out on her goal of life.

Ridiculous!!!! Did anyone hear of anyone writing exams buckling under the pressure of her knight in the shining armour ? Is this really story of an Afsar Bitiya or the story of how the Afsar Bitiya was helped miraculously. Do you call this focussed and dedicated story of a determined girl or a girl who will get lucky in the last minute through the Divine Providence's wish of her being destined to be Afsar Bitiya anyways.

Now everyone is aware she is selected for the Mains interview on Jan 25th. And already the creatives have started piling up unlucky turns against her with all schemes of all sorts. Leaving nothing unturned, Accused of Bribing, Fabrication of her credentials, BDO-failure Fixing, Superstitious ill-fate orchestration (which the black cat will weave now), getting mugged of the bag and admit card.
Its obvious that Divine Providence will prevail and she will somehow go for the interview and get selected. There are bound to be miraculous saves just like the avalanche of misfortunate events.

So then is Afsar Bitiya a fairy tale story that will end well inspite of all the problems or is there any way an epic is being written where we can see some amount of resourcefulness within the character instead of just depending on miraculous saves and divine interventions. Retrieving a stolen bag seems miracle to me!!

And is her God going to be only Mr. Pintoo Singh ? I wonder will he be present there in helping her actually doing BDO's job at her every step?

I mean, Creatives, please get real. Give some realistic twists and not dragging on what you are so afraid to show us getting close to the real deal.

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngeloScuro thumbnail
This stolen bag story line is a bit silly, but it could happen. CV's should not drag the show with silly story lines.

Krishna should come to the interview center and talk to the issuer of interview cards and get a copy of the card after paying the fine for losing it. Is it not how these things work? I lost one of my certificates and I got a copy of it after paying a fine but it took almost 5 days.
Maybe Babloo sir can help speed up the process.

I feel the same that Creatives are bit short-sighted with the story lines.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
580212 thumbnail
Great points. But This is a Serial, and most of the time CVS don't think logically, people just watch for the entertainment. But if the CVs don't make minor changes viewers will decrease.

At the moment I want to keep watching. Lets see whats cooking in next weeks episodes
Edited by urshiep - 12 years ago
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Shri I aggree wid ur points but Like ushi said It's a show afterall , U can't expect Reality all time , there needs 2 be some drama , Entertainment n twists also So Don't expect so much reality frm any show . it just can't happen . n I m taling general not only abt AB . We shld be thankful tht AB if AB not full realistic show but It's much much more close 2 reality when u will compare it wid other shows whch r coming on TV .

As fara s Pintu helping her is concerned , he is main male lead , he hav 2 b shown supporting her , helping her . But this doesn't eman tht Krishna is weak n all . Taking Support is not a sign of eakness everytime .All problems can's be solved individually , Sometimes U do need support n help of ur closed n loved ones . n there is nothng wrong in it if they r showing Pintu helping Krishna .

As far as Ur dis point is concerned tht She is been forced 2 write mains exam , I will not at all blame her . had it be me also I would hav also been in Dielemmea b/w my dreams n my mother's dream. At tht time She was concerned more abt her sister's marrige more then her own dream whch was not wrong . Any sister will be concerned abt her sis n wll not want tht becozz of her Her sister's alliance gets broken . So I wil not at all aggree tht She was wrong at tht time . n On d part of pintu n VP explaining n forcing her is concerned like I said soemtiems U do need advice , guidance of some loved ones who makes u understand d situation n helps u . So Pintu n VP did d same .

So dear Don't be so hyper , It's a show n like I said we r lucky 2 have a show whch if not 100% realistic but it's 99% realistic .So Watch d show , waitt for coming episodes n Enjoy d show .

Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Even though the show began with her preparing for her exams, instead of starting from college, there are still so many routes that the show can take. I have given up on expecting too much reality in shows created for entertainment. However, back to the point. It really isn't necessary to add unnecessary superstitions to a really good show like this, haven't we gotten over things like black cats and crossing under ladders in our time? Also, I accept that anyone can have their bags stolen in a place like that. In reality, I would have gone to the police, filed a report and taken that to the exam/ interview centre as evidence, and either ask for an exception, a new/temporary card, or atleast that my interview be postponed until I got a replacement.🤔
Another thing: I know the show is going to be based on eradicating corruption, but how can anyone get away with bribing so many people all at once? EVen if we accept that, is it realistic to see a poor family like Krishna's ( her manner of dress depicts that she isn't completely well off) and believe that they can find the amounts of money required to bribe the examiners, forge her records, and still have enough to perform other unscrupulous acts? The corruption scenes should be a bit more logical, and to the interest of the show, I mean, give Krishna more of a chance to succed, not provide unnecessary hurdles. I can't quite explain what I'm trying to say in this regard.😕
I love this show, it has great potential. I just really hope that the Cvs handle the characters, and the storylines delicately.
P.S. The way Pinky keeps behaving around Pintu just keeps cracking me up!! She looks like a love sick puppy. I know he is supposed to be her future husband ( yeah right) but she can plainly see that he is annoyed by some of her mannerisms, made uncomfortable by certain things she does, and that he is only tolerating her. What young girl in her right mind will keep putting herself out to be snubbed so lightly. It's not the snubbing that is mean, it's how he does it, so dis-interestedly. His expressions during those scenes really crack me up.😆😆
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

This stolen bag story line is a bit silly, but it could happen. CV's should not drag the show with silly story lines.

Krishna should come to the interview center and talk to the issuer of interview cards and get a copy of the card after paying the fine for losing it. Is it not how these things work? I lost one of my certificates and I got a copy of it after paying a fine but it took almost 5 days.
Maybe Babloo sir can help speed up the process.

I feel the same that Creatives are bit short-sighted with the story lines.

You can get admit card in center if you reach before time and talk to you Like I gave my premedical exam and lost the card and got issued that day only in the morning before exam after paying some money and giving my other details.

I mean to say instead of running behind the thief if they had shown her running behind the interview department that would have been more logical
Edited by Cutie-NivRen - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kittya_Cullen

Even though the show began with her preparing for her exams, instead of starting from college, there are still so many routes that the show can take. I have given up on expecting too much reality in shows created for entertainment. However, back to the point. It really isn't necessary to add unnecessary superstitions to a really good show like this, haven't we gotten over things like black cats and crossing under ladders in our time? Also, I accept that anyone can have their bags stolen in a place like that. In reality, I would have gone to the police, filed a report and taken that to the exam/ interview centre as evidence, and either ask for an exception, a new/temporary card, or atleast that my interview be postponed until I got a replacement.🤔

Another thing: I know the show is going to be based on eradicating corruption, but how can anyone get away with bribing so many people all at once? EVen if we accept that, is it realistic to see a poor family like Krishna's ( her manner of dress depicts that she isn't completely well off) and believe that they can find the amounts of money required to bribe the examiners, forge her records, and still have enough to perform other unscrupulous acts? The corruption scenes should be a bit more logical, and to the interest of the show, I mean, give Krishna more of a chance to succed, not provide unnecessary hurdles. I can't quite explain what I'm trying to say in this regard.😕
I love this show, it has great potential. I just really hope that the Cvs handle the characters, and the storylines delicately.
P.S. The way Pinky keeps behaving around Pintu just keeps cracking me up!! She looks like a love sick puppy. I know he is supposed to be her future husband ( yeah right) but she can plainly see that he is annoyed by some of her mannerisms, made uncomfortable by certain things she does, and that he is only tolerating her. What young girl in her right mind will keep putting herself out to be snubbed so lightly. It's not the snubbing that is mean, it's how he does it, so dis-interestedly. His expressions during those scenes really crack me up.😆😆

Thank you. Even I was not knowing how to express my point. But you have said it for me. The bolded and especially the red one, my feelings are exactly the same.

I agree with all the points here. I mean you got me as to what irks us and what we are looking for entertainment. I am not saying I want stark reality. I too want entertainment. They why can't it be an appealing one ? And why does it have to be melodramatic turns only to be resolved through sheer salvaging gesture from the dramatist himself.
Hope everyone understands that I am talking about melodrama as the genre. I like dramas of other genre (all kinds of comedy categories and tragedies), but I don't like to watch melodramas. I am not the audience who can sit silent through the entire show required for melodrama. I actually want to grow in emotion along with the drama I am watching. If you look at my avatar, it shows how much I love the lead jodi. If I connected to them at that level, they why can't the show's "Becoming an Afsar" plot make me get connected to it ?
Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: moniluvskinshuk

Shri I aggree wid ur points but Like ushi said It's a show afterall , U can't expect Reality all time , there needs 2 be some drama , Entertainment n twists also So Don't expect so much reality frm any show . it just can't happen . n I m taling general not only abt AB . We shld be thankful tht AB if AB not full realistic show but It's much much more close 2 reality when u will compare it wid other shows whch r coming on TV .

As fara s Pintu helping her is concerned , he is main male lead , he hav 2 b shown supporting her , helping her . But this doesn't eman tht Krishna is weak n all . Taking Support is not a sign of eakness everytime .All problems can's be solved individually , Sometimes U do need support n help of ur closed n loved ones . n there is nothng wrong in it if they r showing Pintu helping Krishna .

As far as Ur dis point is concerned tht She is been forced 2 write mains exam , I will not at all blame her . had it be me also I would hav also been in Dielemmea b/w my dreams n my mother's dream. At tht time She was concerned more abt her sister's marrige more then her own dream whch was not wrong . Any sister will be concerned abt her sis n wll not want tht becozz of her Her sister's alliance gets broken . So I wil not at all aggree tht She was wrong at tht time . n On d part of pintu n VP explaining n forcing her is concerned like I said soemtiems U do need advice , guidance of some loved ones who makes u understand d situation n helps u . So Pintu n VP did d same .

So dear Don't be so hyper , It's a show n like I said we r lucky 2 have a show whch if not 100% realistic but it's 99% realistic .So Watch d show , waitt for coming episodes n Enjoy d show .

Moni, All I can say is I like everything about the show and see a lot of potential, but unfortunately it turns me off with each hurdle they get for Krishna. It just seems a drag rather than a good drama. You have seen me expressing my elation if I see anything interesting. Likewise I write this way when the show turns me off
gorgeousmounika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
what they showed in promos before starting of serial
how a girl works hard to buy a questionbank
how she listens allher periods though she fails to pay the fees
how she works hard to learn and prepare for her exams

but they failed totally
wat they showed in promos and what they are showing in realdoesnt match
why shouldshe need pintoos help to suceed in her exams
the girlwho dont even takes her parents help to study now needs pintoos help
ridiculous
nowtheir main motive is too show lovestory of pintoo and krishna
for this stupid track theyhave totally neglectedthe main track

i want krishna toachieve her goal independently not with anybodys help

smittu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yes the Krishna's problems and travails are neither helping the story nor Krishna, no sympathy at all ...boringgg