Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Laila2009

I think you've lost the point of my post. You can be simple but you can have make-up, colors and hair that flatter you. I pointed out that putting on jewelery and a saree does not cause someone to turn heads which is what you're trying to point out here. The lead is dark in complex but the colors chosen are causing her to look washed out. These are NOT the colors she was wearing at a press conference or in the photo that TunTun was holding up. Also her hair had trendils (loose curls) falling on her face rather than it pulled back (see some of the earlier episodes). These really flatter her and they are simple to do.
I hope you understand what it means that simple also has to be flattering to the person. This is a very pretty actress and the make-up team is not bringing this out in certain scenes.

Make-up, colors mean some money investment. Now this is daily soap, television. So the lead and her make-up artists can get everything done. No one to stop them. Screen appeal matters.

May be I saw too many faces in real life like the lead holding successful positions giving least importance to make up, hair-style, I might not care about how she looks. When a struggling student and trying to find a job, she can stay with ordinary looks. Once she becomes the BDO and if she still looks dull, we can say all this. That's my opinion. I have seen lot of discrimination with regards to skin color india. Dark is never that much appreciated as fairness. And in comes the need to accentuate your features so that people look away from color!
Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

nyc post when i 1st saw krishna everyday dresses i hav to say i thought it was so ugly ugly ugly and i just dnt know how she actually manages to look good in them.but that being said seriously u wnt catch be dead in those colours. now coming to what she was wearing 4 the engagement and swati's wedding i thought she looked very pretty. but i have to say that its actually not the colour of her clothes, her makeup or the way they do her hair that is the probelm the actually problem is that when she uses a sari they drape it 4 some1 much older like a dbo and not a young girl.

a little message 4 your sister i am not fair and so whenever i go out shopping there are certainc colours which i say wnt look good on me and so i stay away from them. bt i live in south africa and the african girls here are never afraid to use colour and they just look amazing in them bt still i kept to my colours until for my birthday my friend got me a peace top and i was amazed that when i wore it, it looked amazing so tell sis dnt me afriad of these colours just coz she is dark coz it might just look amazing on her.
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

Make-up, colors mean some money investment. Now this is daily soap, television. So the lead and her make-up artists can get everything done. No one to stop them. Screen appeal matters.

May be I saw too many faces in real life like the lead holding successful positions giving least importance to make up, hair-style, I might not care about how she looks. When a struggling student and trying to find a job, she can stay with ordinary looks. Once she becomes the BDO and if she still looks dull, we can say all this. That's my opinion. I have seen lot of discrimination with regards to skin color india. Dark is never that much appreciated as fairness. And in comes the need to accentuate your features so that people look away from color!

Actually - No, it means knowing how to use colors well and chosing the right colors that compliment. You can have all the money in the world, but if you don't know how to use colors properly, then it does not matter how much money you spend. You have missed the point of my post - when a guy makes the "double-take" in the drama - this is referred to when he looks at a girl after she has had a make-over, she must look like she has had a make-over and not just a change in clothes or a hairstyle and make-up that looks unflattering.
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sandiab

nyc post when i 1st saw krishna everyday dresses i hav to say i thought it was so ugly ugly ugly and i just dnt know how she actually manages to look good in them.but that being said seriously u wnt catch be dead in those colours. now coming to what she was wearing 4 the engagement and swati's wedding i thought she looked very pretty. but i have to say that its actually not the colour of her clothes, her makeup or the way they do her hair that is the probelm the actually problem is that when she uses a sari they drape it 4 some1 much older like a dbo and not a young girl.

a little message 4 your sister i am not fair and so whenever i go out shopping there are certainc colours which i say wnt look good on me and so i stay away from them. bt i live in south africa and the african girls here are never afraid to use colour and they just look amazing in them bt still i kept to my colours until for my birthday my friend got me a peace top and i was amazed that when i wore it, it looked amazing so tell sis dnt me afriad of these colours just coz she is dark coz it might just look amazing on her.

I am going to have to disagree with you here - I saw nothing wrong with the way they drapped the saree that cause the problem. BTW, two of my "little" sisters friend are MAC make-up artists. Also, she has a friend who is a "Kim Kardashian" of our area and another who is fashion designer...so when it comes to color she knows what she needs to wear. Here is the link to the book "Color me Beautiful" - the "bible of color" used by fashion experts:
a make-up line created from this concept
Also, check out MAC make-up and youtube videos that show you how to apply make-up and colors that work for individuals who are of a darker complexion😊
.lostinthought. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice post dear, Kinshuk is amazing and everything is great, keep loving the show :)