Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
What a cute little gem of a show and the chemistry between the two leads is really sweet. Only thing, the make-up- and hair team need to do something with the female leads hair and make-up. Granted, she is supposed to be simple and ordinary but on special occasions, they've got to do more than just putting a nice saree on her. When Pintu checks her out when "kidnapping" her to Patna, the scene was not as believable because she didn't look that much different. The team could have had her with more make-up on, hair different, so he gives that "double-take" and WE as audience members do it too. Just doing her hair differently or putting on some more make-up - heavier would have done the trick. The lead is a very pretty woman - the pictures I have seen on FB of her definitely reflect it - and this needs to be highlighted on those "special occasions."
And readers, I KNOW that Pintu-ju likes her for a lot more than her looks but this "like" was supposed to magnifiy into an attraction after he notices her look that extra special on her "engagement day." It is still not too late for Pintu to do that "double take" again.
FYI, for those who know me, I make no excuses for a production team. I believe this is the only major flaw in this production. Overall, the show is incredibly well written with excellent performances. It should be show at prime-time hours as it definitely has kept my attention better than some other shows.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Truly aggreed . both the leads r just awosome . Kitali have greatt chemistry ,They r rocking as prishna . and abt d show AB is an excellent show . Lovinggg it .
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I completely agree with you on all counts, though I do believe in making excuses for the CVs...BUT only to lower the risk of compromising my own enjoyment! 😆 That being said, I do agree with your assessment of the styling. The every day clothes are spot on and this show's wardrobe gives me a lot less reason for complaint than most, given the authentic and yet aesthetic appeal of Krishna's every day clothing but I agree that they could give her a little more oomph on special occasions.

And I get why this is important! I mean Pintu thinking she looks drop dead gorgeous and doing a double take is not in any way going to compromise his respect for her intelligence and independence so I say bring it on!

I did think she looked really pretty at Swati's wedding, even though there wasn't much change. Hey, maybe they are keeping her de-glammed on purpose for characterisation as she isn't the sort of girl to dress up (remember she told Swati to shop for her?) and they will show it as a thing when she tries to dress up for Pintoo later? Maybe they are saving a more dramatic look for such a sequence...

Anyway, fashion and wardrobe is one of my favourite subjects so I could go on and on. Thanks for making this fun post where we could discuss it and I hope to see you active on the forum as we desperately need to rally some troops to get in on and back this gem of a show!
ParulRatiShivi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Everyone Right In There Point... All I Can Is That The Three Main Lead's Kinshuk, Shivshakti,Mitali Doing An Fabulous N All The Other Cast Member Going An Awesome In There Character's Too...AB Rocks...Kinshuk,Shivshakti,Mitali Rocks...
-SilverDragon- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mythily2

Everyone Right In There Point... All I Can Is That The Three Main Lead's Kinshuk, Shivshakti,Mitali Doing An Fabulous N All The Other Cast Member Going An Awesome In There Character's Too...AB Rocks...Kinshuk,Shivshakti,Mitali Rocks...

I agree with you the cast are doing an awesome job Afsar Bitiya Rocks. 😊
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I disagree.

A girl who doesn't have money to pay fees, is more than sufficiently dressed with her simple but many dresses. The gold jewellery that she put on engagement ceremony and marriage ceremony is more than her family can afford. Even the sarees she wore were expensive.

Krishna looks gorgeous with her beautiful eyes and smile. Those are the natural things that Pintoo is getting attracted to. I like her in this simple manner.

I am so fed up with the tons of jewellery and make up other female characters wear in other soaps. One of the main attraction for me in this soap is that the lead is simply dressed and has high ambitions. After all "SIMPLICITY" is also an ada. I don't understand why it is so underrated.

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago
Samanalyse thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

I disagree.

A girl who doesn't have money to pay fees, is more than sufficiently dressed with her simple but many dresses. The gold jewellery that she put on engagement ceremony and marriage ceremony is more than her family can afford. Even the sarees she wore were expensive.

Krishna looks gorgeous with her beautiful eyes and smile. Those are the natural things that Pintoo is getting attracted to. I like her in this simple manner.

I am so fed up with the tons of jewellery and make up other female characters wear in other soaps. One of the main attraction for me in this soap is that the lead is simply dressed and has high ambitions. After all "SIMPLICITY" is also an ada. I don't understand why it is so underrated.

I completely agree with you that Krishna's beauty lies in her simplicity and that should certainly not be underrated. I don't think that more is better, or that she should have been wearing a more-expensive looking saree or more jewellery. I thought her sarees (both for the cancelled cheka and for Swati's wedding) and her jewellery were really lovely and apt but I think they could have done something different with her hair, just as a refreshing change from her every day style. She could have left it loose or even put it into a choti with some flowers or something. Other than that, I would not change anything. I think her make-up and clothes are perfect for her role.

Of course note that this is not a serious criticism but something just a discussion of something that could add novelty to the special event sequences. Then again, maybe they are purposely making her hair style monotonous to show how she really doesn't have time or inclination to think on these things seriously.

Pintoo has already fallen for her simplicity and her intelligence already and it is established that these are the things he loves about her. Why not go for a va-va-voom moment at some point, just for variety? 😉
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
hhaaa samana not a bad idea 2 wooh pintu frm her ada . Imagine Krishna wowing Pintuji 😆 , I can imagine Pintu's scared face 🤣
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

I disagree.

I think you've lost the point of my post. You can be simple but you can have make-up, colors and hair that flatter you. I pointed out that putting on jewelery and a saree does not cause someone to turn heads which is what you're trying to point out here. The lead is dark in complex but the colors chosen are causing her to look washed out. These are NOT the colors she was wearing at a press conference or in the photo that TunTun was holding up. Also her hair had trendils (loose curls) falling on her face rather than it pulled back (see some of the earlier episodes). These really flatter her and they are simple to do.
I hope you understand what it means that simple also has to be flattering to the person. This is a very pretty actress and the make-up team is not bringing this out in certain scenes.
Laila2009 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

I completely agree with you on all counts, though I do believe in making excuses for the CVs...BUT only to lower the risk of compromising my own enjoyment! 😆 That being said, I do agree with your assessment of the styling. The every day clothes are spot on and this show's wardrobe gives me a lot less reason for complaint than most, given the authentic and yet aesthetic appeal of Krishna's every day clothing but I agree that they could give her a little more oomph on special occasions.

And I get why this is important! I mean Pintu thinking she looks drop dead gorgeous and doing a double take is not in any way going to compromise his respect for her intelligence and independence so I say bring it on!

I did think she looked really pretty at Swati's wedding, even though there wasn't much change. Hey, maybe they are keeping her de-glammed on purpose for characterisation as she isn't the sort of girl to dress up (remember she told Swati to shop for her?) and they will show it as a thing when she tries to dress up for Pintoo later? Maybe they are saving a more dramatic look for such a sequence...

Anyway, fashion and wardrobe is one of my favourite subjects so I could go on and on. Thanks for making this fun post where we could discuss it and I hope to see you active on the forum as we desperately need to rally some troops to get in on and back this gem of a show!

Loved your opening line. Unfortunately, the wedding scene make-up, hair and dress disappointed me incredibly. Colors were pastel and very unflattering for a person with a dark complexion - I know, as I do have a sister who is dark like the lead and she never wears these colors. Plus the pink - very pastelish as well and according to the classic book - Color Me Beautiful - this is not the color for people with dark complexions. The lead is really a pretty girl - check out her FB pictures and her interview on Youtube. She was wearing simple, make-up and hair and they were far more flattering. I will have to find her on FB and tell her. BTW, in the opening episodes, they were doing it properly - whoever was doing her make-up then, should have continued and built upon it. Remember the scene where the father is imaging her as a bride? She looked great there - make-up was correct etc. When she dressed up as the "pretend bride" they did a better job with her make-up there - especially her lipstick.
Since I never make excuses, I am going to pester the CVs to make sure it happens. After all, I got them to remove a braid that was permantly etched on a character. Unfortunately, by the time they did it, the show had become so stale it was painful to watch.