Pintu's Identity Crisis

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
In the last few episodes, we have seen Pintoo more and more declare his loyalty to TTS, over Babloo. What we saw as a huge conflict in him at the beginning of the story is now being seemingly eliminated by the fact that Babloo is siding with Krishna against his father (though he has not articulated this). The way Pintoo sees it, his brother is being unfair to his father in doing so as TTS has cleverly manipulated the side of Pintu that is just a little boy, trusting his father's goodness at face value. Unlike Ganga and Babloo, whom TTS knows are sort of "lost" to him as far as trust and respect are concerned, Pintu was still unsure and he took advantage of that to show VP and Krishna in a bad light and create a situation where it was impossible for Pintu not to resent them. Now we see Pintu agreeing to marry Pinky as well as joining his father's business.

I thought it would be interesting to compare the way Pintu behaves, when each Babloo and TTS' influence is stronger on him, as he has not yet etched an identity of his own.

In the beginning of the series, though Pintoo did respect his father and listen to him, we saw him more under the influence of Babloo. He had joined the coaching centre, though he didn't take it very seriously and most of all he was really happy and carefree. The good thing was that Babloo kept him toeing the line and had him help with all the endeavours of the coaching centre. Babloo was sort of gradually cultivating the man inside the boy Pintu and that relationship was a pleasure to watch. I also loved how Pintu idolised his brother and his word was law. Under the influence of Babloo, Pintu is brought opposite Krishna, who both complements and challenges him. He is intrigued by and attracted to her dedication to books and studies and develops a deep familiarity with her. By helping her sit her exam, he is able to experience the satisfaction of doing something good for someone, having a purpose and succeeding in fulfilling it. Basically the cost of loyalty to Babloo is nothing that would not ultimately benefit Pintu.

On the other hand, after the jail incident with Krishna, Pintu's open allegiance to his dad is costing him dearly in ways that eat away at him rather than build his character. Each time he defends TTS he is forced to give in a little more to his demands. When he defends him in front of VP at the jail, offending VP in turn, he is forced to give up his budding relationship with Krishna. When he defends him in front of Ganga, he is informed of his alliance with Pinky and finally, shortly after his confrontation with Babloo, we see that he has also joined his dad's sketchy business.

While Krishna represents the life that Babloo has him tending towards, maybe not easy but full of sincerity, hard work, family love and respect, Pinky represents the life that TTS pushes him into, ie one that is attractive from the outside, but with very little substance and a constant sense of entitlement to take the easy way out.

While it is not as though he is exclusively under the influence of one or the other at any point, given that he was still an entitled brat when he was with Babloo and still stands for what is true and right, even under TTS, he does respond to whichever influence he has chosen to follow. However, while the price he has to pay for his loyalty to Babloo only helps him in the end, the cost of his loyalty to TTS is much dearer and goes against his basic nature and upbringing from Ganga. At some point he is not going to be willing to pay the price of his integrity to stand with TTS anymore, will open his eyes to his dad's wrongdoing and hopefully carve out his own identity.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

580212 thumbnail
totally agree on every point on this with you. Just one Question. When did Pintu join his fathers line of job?

I was going to start a topic asking What Pintu actually does :P
Samanalyse thumbnail
Well, to be honest, I am not sure if he has made the move to join his dad's line of work or TTS just assumed he would. In Monday's episode, just before Dehati called and invited them for the movie, Bihari was telling Pintu, your father was telling me that you are going to be a (I forgot the word for what TTS does 😛) *whatever the job is* just like him...I am sure you will make a great one! And Pintu doesn't object. He just sort of looks angry and gives attitude. So considering he didn't object, I assumed that he has decided to give in and join TTS.

Another point. Even his way of giving attitude has changed since he swore loyalty to TTS. Before he gave attitude in humorous, witty ways (the English translation 😆) but now he just seems bitter and irritated all the time. Poor guy!
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think Pinto's anger means that he is not happy with the way his life is turning out. His dad is forcing him into marriage when he was about to find out what love is all about. I hope his sister-in-law is not too late to convince him to follow what he really wants. I think his stubbornness is making it hard for him to go have a heart to heart with Krishna. I think this will lead him to bottle all his feelings inside himself until it blasts. It is better to let it all out then to keep it all in ( couldn't stop myself from making joke about gas)😆
Samanalyse thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

I think Pinto's anger means that he is not happy with the way his life is turning out. His dad is forcing him into marriage when he was about to find out what love is all about. I hope his sister-in-law is not too late to convince him to follow what he really wants. I think his stubbornness is making it hard for him to go have a heart to heart with Krishna. I think this will lead him to bottle all his feelings inside himself until it blasts. It is better to let it all out then to keep it all in ( couldn't stop myself from making joke about gas)😆

Yup, yup and yup! 😆

I totally agree with all your points, especially the ones in bold. I think his stubbornness, ego, pride, what have you is not allowing him to sort things out with Krishna and in order to get further away from her, he is even distancing himself from Babloo and seemingly attaching himself to TTS. But the negative ramifications of this are not lost on him and are causing him a lot of anger and bitterness. The same Pintoo who was carefree and impulsive is now weighed down by his father's expectations because of how much they clash with his own. I hope he will have the grace to accept that Krishna was not at fault and sort things out with her once he realises his dad's true colours, or better yet, without even realising his dad's true colours.

I have a feeling his bhabi will help prevent a gas attack! 😆 I am eagerly looking forward to their interaction in today's episode. 😊
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Just one thing on Pinto and his choice of vocation.

Pinto was supposed to join Tuntun in his business because Tuntun earlier on directed Pinto to join him. He got that promise from Pintu in the same forced manner as he did about him getting signed up for the marriage. The joining business was even before marriage thing. So yes, Pinto has been forced into two important facets of his life "Occupation and Marriage". One cannot be just forced in these two things as it could become just a burden.
Samanalyse thumbnail

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

Just one thing on Pinto and his choice of vocation.

Pinto was supposed to join Tuntun in his business because Tuntun earlier on directed Pinto to join him. He got that promise from Pintu in the same forced manner as he did about him getting signed up for the marriage. The joining business was even before marriage thing. So yes, Pinto has been forced into two important facets of his life "Occupation and Marriage". One cannot be just forced in these two things as it could become just a burden.

Thanks for the clarification! I seem to have missed this exchange somehow. Can you tell me when it happened?

I agree. Pintoo also seems to be aware of this and today's episode had him showing the shadow of doubt towards his father's intentions. I think his progress towards the occupation and marriage of his choice will be long and arduous, but that is exactly what we want to see!
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Thanks for the clarification! I seem to have missed this exchange somehow. Can you tell me when it happened?

I agree. Pintoo also seems to be aware of this and today's episode had him showing the shadow of doubt towards his father's intentions. I think his progress towards the occupation and marriage of his choice will be long and arduous, but that is exactly what we want to see!

Sam,
I remember it as the time when Pintoo returns from Patna (taking Krishna to the examination center). Over the dining table conversation Tuntun praises/taunts Pinto for helping Babloo at his coaching center and its activities, but in the process not to forget his father and the family business which is now his inheritance; especially when Babloo, his elder son does not want to be part of it. Pintoo already reeling under the guilt of having slapped Krishna, is totally disheartened that he has to lie to his father as to what he was doing in Patna, so he kind of accedes to his father and gets up from the table. So we get an idea that he also needs to be part of Tuntun's activities, if he is not to be angered further. And already we know how much of a pacifist is Pintoo.

When Pintoo returns from Badaiyya (Babloo-Pintoo-krishna salvaging Swati's marriage), at that time Tuntun asks him to give his word that he will get married to Pinky.
Samanalyse thumbnail
@Shridevi: Thanks for the clarification! I think may have missed these details as I caught up with the first month of the show in those 5-minute webisodes. So TTS is blackmailing Pintoo into doing his bidding. Poor guy is really stuck in the middle here and seems to be choosing to pay the price for Babloo's "rebellion". I hope he snaps out if it soon, which I think he will, being disillusioned with his dad soon now.
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

@Shridevi: Thanks for the clarification! I think may have missed these details as I caught up with the first month of the show in those 5-minute webisodes. So TTS is blackmailing Pintoo into doing his bidding. Poor guy is really stuck in the middle here and seems to be choosing to pay the price for Babloo's "rebellion". I hope he snaps out if it soon, which I think he will, being disillusioned with his dad soon now.

Oh! I hope so that it happens. So much the better for us, Babloo, Krishna and himself. Lekin this is Rakesh Paswaan show. Cannot say much.😔