Chanchal: Street smart or Brash kid

0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I used to like Chanchal. But the last one and today's episode (13th Feb), seem to show us that she is just a brash kid.

What was all that about her trying to come up the ladder on Friday? She wanted both the sisters to fall down.

What was it today, talking in that brash manner? Inviting to cinema, then asking for iron box, and happily telling that they are going to watch cinema... I mean does she even think before her act ?

Edited by shridevigaddam - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I would say both.

When her impulsive actions lead to good things we call it street smart and when they go to far and have negative outcomes, it becomes brash. But also, this is the reason I love Chanchal. She is the perfect foil to Krishna because she is her exact opposite. She is not afraid to bend rules to get ahead and survive, which is not better or worse than the way Krishna does things, just different.

But they have also shown that she is still a kid and does not know where to draw the line sometimes. I mean I used to get irritated when Saraswati kept shutting her up when she spoke out of turn or made demands (like the 2000 rs from chacha at the beginning), but I guess Saraswati could see this kind of catastrophe coming if Chanchal wasn't controlled. I like how they have established this parent-child relationship. It is not that Saraswati has any problem with Chanchal or that she doesn't know she is right when she speaks out of turn, but she is a pragmatist and knows the effects of the truth being told in such a way. Saraswati is the only one that takes a firm hand with Chanchal as the rest are very indulgent of her impertinence.

I also think Chanchal is kind of spoiled, being the youngest child in such a large family which makes her bolder while Krishna is far more cautious, we could even say over-cautious, because she has felt deeply and taken on a great sense of responsibility. This whole track and Babloo's training is about snapping Krishna out of this meek obedience, general fear, keeping to her books and tip toeing around things and teaching her to be more like Chanchal, which is why I guess C has been shown a little OTT. Her over-zealous, confrontational nature, balanced with Krishna's natural introverted caution will eventually bring forth the attitude that Krishna needs to have to be a BDO.

I see both sisters learning from each other, with Krishna becoming a little more fearless or voicing herself and the truth and Chanchal, basically growing up, understanding responsibility and maybe learning to be a lot more tactful.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
I agree with Samanalyse.

You just said what I have thought about Chanchal. Besides if all characters are too perfect for me, I wouldn't enjoy the show. I think characters should have flaws which they would eventually overcome as they obtain the thing they want. Sorry if I sound like a literature teacher.😃

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Sam, Liked the way you brought in Saraswati in regards to Chanchal. That I agree. Totally.

Eveything else also I concur.

I will give Chanchal her due and say she is brash kid but manageable.

Bus when she became bali ka bakra yesterday for breaking the cinema going news to Pinky's family, I felt bad, because that kid sure does know when, where and how to keep her mouth shut. She became the driver for "having Krishna and Kingshuk" meet up at the local cinema theater. While the development was not bad, I did not like her being used in such brash manner as to lettiing her family's special moments out and that too to a family which will only bear ill will towards them. Who understands that better than her. Even if they showed her saying that she was enjoying the faces as she exploded the bomb of envy in Pinky's house, it would have salvaged her. Being naughty without thinking of consequences is also brashness, but it is cute. And chanchal's character is cute one and not a dumb one.
My protest like that was just expression of frustration in heightened manner...😉
0-SD-0 thumbnail
hey Sam, what is OTT ? Sorry I don't know that.
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@AngelDark: I agree about flaws in characters. That is what makes it interesting to watch them grow, isn't it? And don't ever apologise for sounding like a literature teacher because it makes me feel less conscious about my formal register. 😆 I love literary terms so, let's get nerdy! 🤓

@Shridevi: I agree a little look or thought from Chanchal about how she loved seeing the jealous looks on Chachi and Pinky's faces would have served well but I guess we can just imagine that to be her motivation and help the CVs out (you will find I do this a lot, that is, I justify characters' actions to make it sensible to myself 😃). Most of the VP family is either clueless about the nefarious nature of Bihari's family, or chooses to take the high road, ignoring their jibes. Unfortunately it would seem that Chanchal is just not this mature and wants to give a blow for a blow. This works great in the short term because she can actually make Pinky's blood boil and who doesn't love that? But she doesn't think about the effects of the long run, where because of her antics, her chacha can get TTS to seriously risk Krishna's future. This is where Saraswati's scolding impressed me yesterday because she hit the nail on the head! 👏

That being said she has unconsciously orchestrated a meeting between Krishna and Pintoo for which I am grateful. Poor Pinky, she doesn't even realise that all her efforts are only going to drive Pntoo further into a bond with Krishna.

Oh and OTT is over the top. 😊
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Oh and OTT is over the top. 😊

thanks.😊

Word Count: 1

gorgeousmounika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
she is the smartest in their family
she knows very well how to tackle and tease pinky,chachi
i like it
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
very good post Shri n I aggree wid u tht chanchal might be brash but It is cute one ehch every kids of her age are . It is cutee one . n I lovee how she give answers 2 pinky family beczz some1 is needed 2 show them their mirror .
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I would say "Survival of the fittest". With her extended family she knows how to survive and hence is fearless and does what her heart tells her too. But with her real family she is the youngest kid as she knows they will accept her the way she is. She is a kid who knows how to handle crooks - by saying their own language back to them.