Is parent love really unconditional?

zarmeeno thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
After watching all the shows and being a parent myself I have a question is the parents love really unconditional? Like in this show also TTS just fixed Pinto's chekha did not even consider to ask him once becasue he is a father and that is the story of all the parents. We ask kids to keep sacrificing their happiness their desires apnay pyaar ka waasta dey dey kay.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'd agree on that! Sometimes I question it too. As their kids, don't we also have a say in our OWN life! I mean you get us married and then later on, it's not gonna be them who'll be suffering. If they made a bad choice out of excitement, then it'd be us, kids, who have to bear the suffering.

In TTS case, he doesn't listen to anyone. So that wasn't big of a surprise to me..
zarmeeno thumbnail

And I only started thinking when I had my own son that I have so much expectation from him. Yes I do not want him to support me financially but yes I do want him to respect me, care for me etc.

anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Zarmeen, very thoughtful post... As far as I am concerned and my beliefs, yes parents love is unconditional. They will love their kids regardless of what the kids will do. But with this unconditional love comes the monster of expectations. And when expectations are not fulfilled we as parents are hurt badly. I think we should give space to our kids so that they can grow as an individual and can make their decisions. The times have changed and we as parents should change too.
I as a mom, believe in being there always for my kids, helping them out in each and every step and make them so confident and mature that when they grow up they are able to make right choices for them. The foundation has to be strong and they will not let us down. We also need to curb down our expectations as expectations bring lot of sadness too when not fulfilled. Why unnecessary put pressure on kids...
Yes, even if they fail we need to love them. We need to tell them that yes we re hurt by your actions and we would like you to improve but that does not mean that we do not love you. Love, motivation are emotions that can put our kids in the path of success...
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey Zarmeen wow nice topic I agree you can't expect all parents love is not so unconditional. Regarding TTS he never listen to anyone other than himself so how he is going see the pain in his son's eyes. Aur shaadi ke mamle to vo sochta hi yahi hai jo usne kaha vo bete ne maana. He feels whatever he decides is for betterment of his son.
zarmeeno thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjubala

Zarmeen, very thoughtful post... As far as I am concerned and my beliefs, yes parents love is unconditional. They will love their kids regardless of what the kids will do. But with this unconditional love comes the monster of expectations. And when expectations are not fulfilled we as parents are hurt badly. I think we should give space to our kids so that they can grow as an individual and can make their decisions. The times have changed and we as parents should change too.

I as a mom, believe in being there always for my kids, helping them out in each and every step and make them so confident and mature that when they grow up they are able to make right choices for them. The foundation has to be strong and they will not let us down. We also need to curb down our expectations as expectations bring lot of sadness too when not fulfilled. Why unnecessary put pressure on kids...
Yes, even if they fail we need to love them. We need to tell them that yes we re hurt by your actions and we would like you to improve but that does not mean that we do not love you. Love, motivation are emotions that can put our kids in the path of success...

Anju I agree with u that no matter what the kids do parents still love them but they do get hurt and u only get hurt there where there are expectations, where there is love so how it is unconditional. Even parents do not waste any moment in telling the kids what they r doing for them. Yaar woh hum mein kaha jata hai na kay agar ek haath say do tu doosray haath ko bhi nahin pata lagna chahiye but still we keep on enforcing whatever we r doing for the kids. I feel that parents love is also not unconditional infact parents expect lot from their kids.
zarmeeno thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutie-NivRen

Hey Zarmeen wow nice topic I agree you can't expect all parents love is not so unconditional. Regarding TTS he never listen to anyone other than himself so how he is going see the pain in his son's eyes. Aur shaadi ke mamle to vo sochta hi yahi hai jo usne kaha vo bete ne maana. He feels whatever he decides is for betterment of his son.

So true Rach and in Pakistan and India most of the parents r like TTS. They r not that rowdy but they want to take all the decisions for their kids and when a kid protest they only say hum tumhary maa baap hain itna paala hai tumhay, itna kiya hai tumharay liye kiya humara itna sa bhi haq nahin hai. In other words they emotionally blackmail the kids.
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Zarmeen awosome topic . Yes We can't say frm surity tht Wheather Parents's love is unconditional or not . May be not . but then also Parent's love was , is n will always be d best , true n most pure love one can ever get n have , 😊
samin6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
depends on the parent and situation. There are parents who in an accident throw the child out to safety, At the same time there are parents who send their child out to beg or earn a living even when they are a little more then toddlers.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It cannot be unconditional when you put demands on it even if you are a parent.

So it depends on the character of the parent and the extent to which they know what unconditional love is.

Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago