Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: shridevigaddam

People say audience decides the ruling art! But that's not completely true. Sometimes the stubborn streak in you to stand out for what you believe and feel is also the artists dharma.
Agree drama needs to have its highs and lows, the climaxes and anti-climaxes to achieve the catharsis, and they need to have exaggerated projections, but at the same time, concepts can also be designed to cater intellectuals. The indian political arena lacks any sense, the media with so many news channels lack and entertainment channels lack creativity and thought, the indian cinema becoming an industry rife with nepotism and all the mafia money involved, I mean hum jaye to kahan jaye.

Hollywood, baby! 😎

Just kidding... That sucks too. 🤔

On a serious note, one big AMEN to everything you just said! There is an appalling lack of sincerity and authenticity in visual media today and it really makes me sad, angry and most of all...BORED. Don't even get me started on Bollywood where everything is so painfully contrived and talentless spawn of veteran actors churn out dead mass after dead mass in the name of film. When is the last time I wanted to see a film for the second time? Jodhaa Akbar, FOUR years ago. When was the last time a film ran for a hundred days? Does that even happen anymore?

Having read your comment, I am more aware of the way I have learned to excuse logical faults, almost without thinking, simply to be able to enjoy the entertainment being doled out. In many ways I am ok with this. As long as I see sincerity in a project I am willing to excuse a lot of things but the worst of it is that AB is probably one of the more authentic and logical shows out there and we are constantly reminded by the TRPs of how economically unsound that is. Somewhere the balance between artistic integrity and economic viability has been lost but then again, I do see a positive trend in TV, if not in film that makes me optimistic for the future.
zeezee55 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am lookiing forward to the episode that you all saw - here in singapore it is one episode behind!!
Krishna is far too reticent - although she has all these dreams - probably prompted by her father - although she has such big dreams she seems to think only book learning is sufficient - sorry girl - you need fire in your belly and the guts to stand up for your rights - yes being polite is one thing - but you can be upright without having to be rude. I am hoping that this episode of her father going to prison and she being accused of bribery will put some fire in her belly and that she will learn to fight for what is right - never mind if you lose - you will never know unless you try.
0-SD-0 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Hollywood, baby! 😎

Just kidding... That sucks too. 🤔

On a serious note, one big AMEN to everything you just said! There is an appalling lack of sincerity and authenticity in visual media today and it really makes me sad, angry and most of all...BORED. Don't even get me started on Bollywood where everything is so painfully contrived and talentless spawn of veteran actors churn out dead mass after dead mass in the name of film. When is the last time I wanted to see a film for the second time? Jodhaa Akbar, FOUR years ago. When was the last time a film ran for a hundred days? Does that even happen anymore?

Having read your comment, I am more aware of the way I have learned to excuse logical faults, almost without thinking, simply to be able to enjoy the entertainment being doled out. In many ways I am ok with this. As long as I see sincerity in a project I am willing to excuse a lot of things but the worst of it is that AB is probably one of the more authentic and logical shows out there and we are constantly reminded by the TRPs of how economically unsound that is. Somewhere the balance between artistic integrity and economic viability has been lost but then again, I do see a positive trend in TV, if not in film that makes me optimistic for the future.

😊
BORED is the word! Same here. Agree with you on TRP vs artistic integrity standoff nowadays.

I feel embarrassed to say that I do not know what is going on in American politics, forcefully read indian news for couple of months to know that 3G scam ! I stopped reading newspaper since 2006. TV became on and off thing since 2000. Stopped tracking hindi movie releases since 2000 with last movie watched being Dil Chahta hai. Got so disappointed with that movie and true to that heavy feeling while walking out of movie theater, as if it was some kinda premonition; the indian films became insipid with just money pumped in lavish sets and costumes and songs.

totally immersed myself in work...

Then Brother and Sister last year made me watch Wednesday, Udaan, Iqbal, Band Baaja Baarat, and two other movies; the names I have forgotten; told me not all hopeless...keep looking. So here I am hooked on again to TV shows and India forums! you are right TV is better than Cinema nowadays, I mean about the equal opportunity and employment it is giving to the youngsters and artists.

Wish the Indian writers have also guilds and unions like in the States here! these artists should also be protected!

btw, i watced Jodha Akbar with my Mom and what did we enjoy most. The jewellery!!!😆
0-SD-0 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelDark

Krishna has too many voices inside her head. We saw this in an earlier episode where her dad and mum were arguing and then there was Manisha too, until Pinto slapped her to voice her own thoughts and decided to sit the BDO mains exam.

This time Pinto gave her a verbal slap to get her started.

Also by the time she decides do something it is a bit too late already to say the right thing because the event has gone past.

Angel, Wow! Excellent insight into her character! you've connected it!

okay so I was right. She is too much into family and wants to please everyone. I mean she is willing to sacrifice anything and everything for her loved ones. Strange nah! that with Pintu she is very different. Is it really Krishna? or our story writers making her different with Pintu ? Itna to use Pintu pe dependent na banao . May be it will change in coming days. Lekin unki jodi hai bahut khubsoorat!! 😊
AngeloScuro thumbnail
@ Shridevi

I think I need to add Wednesday, Udaan, Iqbal, Band Baaja Baarat to my must watch list and find time to watch these films.

Love the way you are analyzing the characters in this show😃
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@Sridevi: Oh man, if you were disheartened by DCH, you should try Zindagi na Milegi Dobara! It is like DCH on steroids! 😆 I actually liked DCH and many other movies right up until around 2008. JA, one of my favourites, is my cut off point after which I have not seen a single movie worth watching twice. I don't love the Udaan, Do Dooni Char etc genre and I miss my borderline fantastical wholesome 90s cinema. 😭 Everything now seems either vulgar, violent or preachy.

I think TV is doing better both in terms of fresh, new talent and content. As far as I see it we are currently in transition betwen OTT saas-bahu drama and shows with real stories and content so we will have to sit tight a while until they negotiate how to get masses of people to watch more intelligent television. Until then we can enjoy the forerunners of this new trend, like AB, as best we can. 😊

@Angel: I agree with Sridevi that you hit the nail on the head! Krishna needs to quiet down all the voices in her head and figure out what she wants and what she needs to do. It seems Babloo was more aware of the nitty gritties of his student than we ever gave him credit for! Don't mind me, I have a huge crush on Babloo. 😳😆

@ZeeZee: All I can say is watch the episode. You will get everything your heard desires. 👍🏼
poo_supi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
according to me, krishna was not tactful at that moment.

felt like bashing up krishna for crying after babloo teaching her facts.

guys in an interview, once the opportunity is lost, you can try after 6 months. she could try again after 1 year.

I cant understand our parents have taught us not to take anything from stranger. how come she didnt use some sense.

every govt offices have security and ctc camera. how they bypassed all that. she could have proven to him.