Hindhi of Afsar Bitiya.

AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I like the language used in this show Afsar Bitiya which is Hindhi. It uses the bihari dialect as far as I know, though sometimes it's difficult to catch what they are saying. I like that the CV's don't make the characters utter English words every 2 or 3 seconds and don't mix English with Hindhi.I like that they use English rarely therefore I applaud the CV's for upholding the language of Hindhi. It makes me want to learn and speak better Hindhi.
Edited by AngelDark - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kmfan_2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I fully agree with you - The Hindi is really good... words like - Marg darshan... GHAJAB by TTS... Bahut etc etc... plus no English in between except for the occasional ones by Pinky like the 'Excuse I'!!!!!!!!
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree. To my knowledge the language so far has felt very authentic. I also like how when they do occasionally speak in English, how heavily accented their English can get, especially everyone's beloved Pinnaky! 😆 I especially liked the scene right at the beginning when Krishna says thank you to Pintoo and he says "mainson not". It really gives the idea that these people live in a place where English is not necessarily a part of their day to day lives.
ParulRatiShivi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Angeldark, I Agree With You...
Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I also like the fact that the majority of dialogue's are all in Hindi and one of my fav words is also GHAJAB by TTS!
-Morgoth- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I like the dialect too. It's different from other shows. I like the actors playing Bihari and Dehati. Funny evil characters and one of the best on TV today. Dehati pronounces 'd' for 'r' and calls her daughter 'Pinaaki'.😆 Anyone know their real names? I think Bihari was in Band Baaja Baaraat.
AngeloScuro thumbnail
Prachee Pathak as Dihati Chachi

Niraj Sood as Bhihari

http://www.techtipspro.com/2011/10/prachee-pathak-as-dihati-chachi-in.html
bebo10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
🤣 🤣 AngelDark, it's not hindhi it's hindi.
Laila2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AngelDark

I like the language used in this show Afsar Bitiya which is Hindhi. It uses the bihari dialect as far as I know, though sometimes it's difficult to catch what they are saying. I like that the CV's don't make the characters utter English words every 2 or 3 seconds and don't mix English with Hindhi.I like that they use English rarely therefore I applaud the CV's for upholding the language of Hindhi. It makes me want to learn and speak better Hindhi.

They speak Hindi, but they are from Bihar and Bhojpuri is commonly spoken in these areas. They've actually dones a pretty good job in the writing and dialgoue delivery.
AngeloScuro thumbnail

Originally posted by: bebo10

🤣 🤣 AngelDark, it's not hindhi it's hindi.

Hey I am allowed to make a mistake because I am not Indian!

Anyways thanks for correcting me.

@Laila thanks for telling me.