Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on this forum and I have to say I am surprised there isn't more discussion going on! I started watching this show just this weekend and got all caught up in a matter of days! It was really useful that Z TV has those 5 minute webisodes which made the whole thing a lot easier and faster...

And I think I am in love..😳

What a powerful, uplifting story, what deep and nuanced characters, what wonderful relationships! I am loving every moment of the show so far. So in order to welcome myself onto the forum and introduce you to my habit of writing and writing and writing and NEVER stopping, πŸ˜† I am going to list all the things about the show that have me completely bowled over.

Krishna
OMG! I love this character. She is everything I have been dying to see in so many female leads on so many different shows. She is real, mature, intelligent and a complete firebrand! I love her cheerful, calm demeanour and her quiet, unwavering focus. She loves her family to bits and pieces and I love watching her complex relationship with her mother, who is torn between seeing her daughter happy and knowing the harsh realities of the world they inhabit. Her relationship with her dad is of course, beautiful too and I love his commitment to her studies.

Booshna
πŸ˜‰
What is this you ask?... Why, it is the first couple that was ever introduced on the show! Books and Krishna. πŸ˜† To be honest, till now, even though I am enjoying the budding romance with Pintoo, I have to say this is my favourite coupling on the show. I absolutely love the way they show Krishna's relationship with her books. They really are her treasures, her life and her friends and she treats them like they are alive. I guess I sympathise with this because I feel the same way. I also like how they have used all the cliches, normally used for two lovers on Krishna and her books. She risks her life for them, without thinking twice and when she is getting married, they call out to her and she has to shut them away decisively and sacrifice them for the happiness of her family. No offense to Pintoo-Krishna fans but I think their pairing should always come second to this one! And I think their love story would only be strengthened by Pintoo understanding that the books ALWAYS come first. In fact, I think he is well on his way, being somehow inexplicably invested in making sure she studies. I don't think even he knows yet why that is so important to him but I like that. I want Pintoo to be in a relationship, not just with Krishna but with Booshna! If they manage that, I will be eternally grateful to the writers/CVs. 😍

Vidya and Saraswati's Relationship
This is one of the most beautiful depictions of a mature marital relationship that I have ever had the pleasure to witness. They may not always agree, they may not always be nice to each other but they are ALWAYS there for each other, through thick and thin. Even though it looks like Saraswati runs things, it is only because of the complete trust that Vidya has in her and his lack of ego in completely surrendering all the money he makes to her excellent management. Similarly, it seems like Vidya is a bit of a joker but when it comes down to it, he has the most powerful influence on the members of his family. They truly have a wonderful, interdependent relationship. I love how they keep showing Saraswati having fits of melodrama, where she threatens to kill herself. I feel like emotional blackmail is one of the things people use when they feel powerless. And I loved her recent realisation that Krishna is indeed special and the conversation with Vidya that followed. *SIGH* They have SUCH good conversations!

Babloo Singh

I think I am in love with this character! I know you are supposed to be in love with Pintoo and I think he is cute and all, but this man! He has that quiet strength and is idealistic to a fault. I love watching the mentor-mentee relationship between him and Krishna. He doesn't really possess charm or tact, as evidenced by his strained relationship with his dad, but he is honest, upright and his eyes are brimming with integrity and sincerity. He really wants to make the country a better place and sees Krishna as a way to do this so without concern for money he throws himself into the task of helping her achieve hers, his and Vidya's dreams. I really want to see more of his relationship with his wife and kid, though as I have enjoyed the glimpses we have caught so far.

Pintoo-Krishna
Yes, yes, this is good too. πŸ˜† I really do appreciate the gradual way they are bringing this about. Krishna and Pintoo have developed a nice sort of camaraderie now and to be honest, I don't mind if the relationship does not progress much from this phase for a while. I like it. Their few moments are adorable and uncertain and it gives their characters a chance to develop in their respective story arcs. Actually, one of the things I like most is the contrast between the two characters. At first glance it seems like Krishna is a mature, intelligent and composed girl and she is in many ways, but we can't forget that she has grown up in an incredibly loving, sheltered and almost utopic family. She is immature in the ways of the world, which is being dealt with now. On the other hand, Pintoo has an extremely sensitive family situation with the constant underlying tension between Bubloo and Tuntun. To add to it, he has appointed himself as the peace maker and I can only imagine how that would force him to grow up and probably why he acts so jaded and why he is so indecisive. If he makes a decision about his future, he would either go against his father or his brother, so he stays in this limbo. But unlike Krishna, he has never had to face problems of money or not being taken seriously, being the son of an influential man. So in a way they complement each other because what one lacks, the other has. I think this is what attracts them to each other, if not romantically just yet.

So there you have it! My thesis on the show so far. Do comment/discuss because I would love to know what you think!
Edited by Samanalyse - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samanalyse thumbnail
Nobody? πŸ˜•

I don't bite, promise! πŸ˜ƒ
kmfan_2 thumbnail
Very beautifully written - AB is a show to watch out... very different form the usual stuff...

Each character is strong in its own way...

Krishna - Pintu really complement each other

and the great values of Babloo Singh are worth applauding...

Tun Tun ji is really a POWER HOUSE - a brilliant actor in this role...
kmfan_2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Samanalyse

Nobody? πŸ˜•

I don't bite, promise! πŸ˜ƒ

Welcome to the forum...
Samanalyse thumbnail

Originally posted by: kmfan_2

Welcome to the forum...

Thank you!

I was beginning to worry that I had some sort of highly contagious virtual disease or something. πŸ˜†

I agree that this is a show to watch out for. Each of the characters is so brilliantly etched in their own right. Today we got almost no scenes with the leads of the show, but it was still pretty gripping and moved the story forward considerably, not to mention I got my wish of seeing more of Babloo and his wifey's interactions.

TTS really is a diabolical villain, isn't he? I can't believe he actually did that! I never saw that coming. My poor Babloo.
Dilbole_ShiOmRu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Lovely post Very well written I loved your analogy Booshna yep agree with you every character is strong and has his own space and I love both couple Booshna and PrishnaπŸ˜‰
ParulRatiShivi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Lovely Post Very Well Written...😊
nishersal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your analysis of the characters in this show. AB creatives developed and fleshed out each characater brilliantly.
shaazi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
very nice post...welcome to the forum😊
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey, Queen of Analysis!!

We meet again...if this is what you come up with after seeing most of the show in a 5-minute webisode...hats off to you.

But again, why am I surprised?πŸ˜†

Fabulous analysis...I have been watching the show from the beginning but after reading your post, I realised I'd missed some imp scenes in the show, especially the ones pertaining to K's almost marriage.

I too hope that the focus will be on K's career rather than on her romance with Pintoo..albeit that the earlier promos were all about him pursuing her. However, i think the Cv's have had a change of mind and seem to be more keen on K's studies and her future job...I sincerely hope that K becoming a BDO is not used as a means to an end by the cvs...eg: TT deciding that Pintoo marries K instead of Pinky...

@All: I'm new, too, to the forum. Hi, everyone.

Edited by pippa - 12 years ago