moksha89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
What is your take on the scene where Saraswati told Krishna to use as much of the Chandan paste and give the rest to Swati?

Personally, we were made aware of Swati's little more materialistic desires and habits by DBPS and Vidya .. and the need to look her best could be understood by any one of us - she is getting married after all. Although, I also see her slightly torn because she knows Krishna is sacrificing the BDO dreams to protect her own (to get married & live happily with her husband,etc). Yet, despite all this, we see that slight look of longing, that wish to beautify herself.

A part of me wonders if Swati feels like her "big moment" is getting shadowed by Krishna's "sacrifice."

What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngeloScuro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think the same and furthermore she feels it would be selfish to show that part of herself to Krishna. But if Krishna is any intelligent she would know her sister already,that she likes the beauty stuff and marriage stuff not that Krishna don't want to marry or anything as such but she never thought that she would have to fight to become a BDO this way. That is why she feels that it is not worth fighting for what she wants. It is the simple things we want that we fight for the hardest.

Swati wants to raise her concerns but she is implicitly trusting her mother and sister to do right by her. Anyways the two sister's want to sacrifice their respective dreams for each other but guess it's a no-win situation at the moment.
Edited by angel68 - 12 years ago
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
I don't think Swati ever will think tht Her hapiness is shadowed by Krishna. She is good hearted n a very nice girl n most imp she loves krishna a lott , tht is why she apologises also 2 Krishna in fri's epi tht becozz of her krishna had 2 sacrifice her dreams. yes she is not telling openly 2 her mom but tht also Krishna forced her not 2 tell saraswati anythng tht swati doesn't want 2 marry Mahesh on cost of Krishna's sacrifice .
dreamer11 thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Swati has a very good heart and it was only at the moment that she felt slightly jealous of Krishna. Later on in the episode, she does feel bad for Krishna and apologizes to her because she thinks she is the cause for her marriage. Unless of course, later on in the story when Krishna becomes an officer, she starts feeling overshadowed. But I still feel she is very good at heart even if she is side-tracked.
veela thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I think it is inherent among children to feel that the other siblings get more than them whether it is care , attention etc... May be Swati felt just because she is already beautiful, doesn't mean she shouldn't look even better on her wedding day. .. I think its quite natural to feel that way ...
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hmm.. that's what i thought too.
Swati is definitely starting to feel torn between her sister's dreams & her own dreams. I am pretty sure that sometime, this track will definitely come up, as another obstacle to Krishna's dream. It might come soon, if Swati's engagement breaks, or maybe much later. But i'm pretty sure there will be a rift between both sisters for some time in the future.
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
in the 1st episode thought that swati was extremely weird the way she just went and got the water and dnt speak to either of her parents was a bit strange but as the episodes went i pushed it at the back of my mind coz she was so supportive of krishna. have to say that this character has the potential to go negative and cause alot of problems for krishna. when she does dnt know who i am going to hate more pinky or her.