Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Thanks to all you lovely people here is the next part hope you like it.

Chapter 8

The day of the Luncheon arrives:

Devasena decked in a beautiful pink pavadai dhavani ( a south Indian dress) with traditional south Indian jewelry and gajra in her plaited hair looked beautiful she took a long time to dress up today because she was going to tell her Varun how she felt about him

Varun was excited to meet DS parents but was also sad that she could never be his. He dressed in a blue shervani and got ready to go to DS house

As he pulled into the house DS came out to greet him. She looked so beautiful that he was left staring at her, both were mesmerized with each other. She shyly took him by his arm to the garden.

DS: You are looking very handsome today

Varun: You look so beautiful too a typical Chennai girl

DS: Laughs I am a typical Chennai girl

DS: Varun I needed to speak to you first before we go in

Varun heart beating fast hoped that DS will not utter what he wanted to hear because he would not be able to refuse her if she did and he cannot accept her too for he owed his life to Indra Arya

Varun: Don't tell me you are going to introduce me to your fiance today he said trying to inject humor in his voice

DS: Shyly smiling she looks up at him, yes you could say that

Varun: He is one lucky guy

DS: So am I Varun I am in love with you she blurted out

Varun eyes brimmed with tears his RK, His devasena also in love with him, the very words he was dying to hear. He wanted to take her in a tight embrace and kiss her but he was bound by duty towards his family.

Varun: His voice slightly broken Love me? -whatever made you say that? He said trying to conceal the shake in his voice

DS: Looked shocked...with trembling voice. Don't you feel the same way about me?

Varun: No I consider you a good friend but not more than that

DS: With tears now pouring down her face looks at him and feels so embarrassed, she never thought he will not feel the same way about her...just managed to say sorry and ran from there tears blinding her

Varun wanted to take her in his arms his love, his only love and his heart shattered to pieces.

Devasena mumbles to herself how stupid can I be? Nisha is right I am boring no wonder Varun does not feel the same way about me. Devasena with her eyes swollen ran inside the house to collide with Mahish

Mahish: How is it you are always in a hurry?

DS: No I ...she just couldn't suppress the shakiness in her voice

Suddenly she heard Hahuamma welcoming someone

She turned around and saw a couple walk in, Mahish was surprised to see his parents walk in.

Hahuamma: welcome Indra it has been a long time

Indra: Yes it is an honor to be here

Hahuamma: Yes pretty soon we will be family. I know Mahish is your son I would like to ask his hand for my granddaughter Devasena

Devasena stunned looked at her grandmother, Varun who was in the doorway heard it all and Mahish could not believe what he just heard

Devasena was in a trance did not know what was happening. Her parents came forward to hug her while her aunt Daya was fuming.

Sudha ran to Devasena and hugged her tight I am so happy akka now we have to plan a big wedding

She ran to Mahish and said you turned out to be a sly one

Mahish: All is fair right? He walked up to Devasena DS you are ok with the marriage right?

DS looked stunned and before she could answer Hahuamma booming voice of course she is. My choice will never be wrong

DS: Patti can I speak to you in private please

Hahuamma: Ok let us go to my room

With shaking legs DS walks towards her Patti's room while Varun comes forward into the room.

DS: Patti I don't want to get married

Hahuamma: Why? Didn't you tell me that you were ready?

DS: Yes but..

Hahuamma: Ok you said you will introduce someone that you like bring him now if I like him I will cancel this wedding. But make sure he is as wealthy and as powerful as the Arya family

DS was silent how can she tell her Patti that her love did not love her back

Hahuamma: You being silent means the person you have chosen is not don't forget Devi that I am your Patti and I know what is best for you

Hahuamma walked out and DS followed her

In the Hall Varun was hugging Mahish

Hahuamma: Do you know Varun?

Mahish: Yes, he is my brother

Hahuamma: Brother, that means he lied he told me he did not have family

DS looked at what was unfolding in front of her could not believe that her Varun lied, lied about everything. She looked at him with shocked eyes

Varun could not bring himself to look at her. Indra came forward and said yes Varun is my adopted son

Hahuamma: Then why didn't he work for you? And why did he lie that he had no family

Anu interjected he does work for us but he wanted to learn about Dravid so decided to work here

Hahuamma: As a spy?

Indra: I apologize yes we wanted Varun to come and learn everything from your company but now realize that that is the wrong way for us to build our relationship now that we are going to be a family in fact I had spoken to him after your call to come and tell you everything. We need to start this alliance between our families not in deceit but honesty

DS looked aghast at the turn of events. She wished that the earth would swallow her as a whole

Varun: Sorry Hahuamma please forgive me

Hahuamma: If it was someone else I would have got you arrested but since you are the brother to my future great son in law I forgive you

Mahish: In all this we forgot to ask if DS wants to marry me .He walked up to DS and asked will you marry me?

DS just stares at him for that is all she could muster

While Varun looks on his life breathe being snatched from him...

Edited by gemini54 - 7 years ago
Limo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Brave RK blurts out her love, sad RK V didnot/couldnot say he loves her too.. even sadder RK's Hahuma does not count RKs choice, be it that V was not true to his feelings.

Business merger and a possible lusty Mahishi... what a calamity for RK..

Stunned RK not able to defend herself...

Thank you for part 8
Edited by Limo - 7 years ago
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Sabita these chapters are AMAZING!! I want to cry for VD and shake him at the same time- how many times will these two be selfless?! Let them be selfish, ditch everyone and ride off into the sunset!

BYW still so jealous of your update speed ;)
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Feeling so bad for Varun and even more for DS
How can he just deny her love...now both of them are shattered to the core...and DS...now that she knows his identity...will she be able to reconcile herself
Sad part but definitely great writing as we could feel the emotions going through their hearts...loved it...
Thanks πŸ‘ ⭐️
gemini54 thumbnail
Thanks all for the encouragement here is the next part. @Sanaa I cheat a bit write longer than split itπŸ˜‰.. and of course I write in such layman terms unlike your beautiful writing.

Chapter 9

Hahuamma Birthday celebration was just a few days away and Hahuamma had announced that Devasena and Mahish engagement will be on the same day.

Both Indra and Anu had left for Mumbai but Mahish and Varun stayed back.

Daya: Sudha why is it always your sister Devi gets everything?

Sudha: Amma I don't understand why you don't like her she is so sweet. Besides Mahish is so in love with her. By the way amma what do you think of Varun he looks very good?

Daya: He is just the adopted son and not the real one

Amma you always say silly stuff anyway the four of us are going to Mamallapuram today

Mahish: I am so excited to go visit the beach town heard it is fabulous

Varun: Yes it is has a lot of Dravidian history

Mahish: when did you go?

Varun: When I came last time he said glancing at DS

Both Varun and DS look at each other those were the times that they were happy

The four of them get in the car. DS quiet on the way and Mahish and Sudha chattering away. Varun was driving so had an excuse not to speak also. He kept glancing at his RK from the rear view mirror.

They reach the spot and Mahish was awed by the sight before him. He holds DS hands and pulls her to see the sights.

Varun sees this from afar and cannot bear to see that his RK is with someone else

Sudha was so excited that she wanted to show Varun the stone carvings. Varun half heatedly goes with her

DS thought of the times that she and Varun came and spend the day. How could I have been so stupid? I was just his friend and I thought more? But even as a friend he lied to me...how could I be so stupid?. She glanced at Varun and sees him smiling at Sudha and feels a heartache. Maybe he likes my sister better she thinks.

Sudha: walks upto Mahish and DS and says Akka let us try straw hats remember that is your favorite thing to do?

DS: I don't feel like doing that today

Mahish: Come on it will be fun. He drags her to the store and perches a hat on her head he tells Varun to take a picture of the both of them

Varun his hands shaking looks thru the camera lens at the sight and feels his heart break.

Mahish: Let us try some coconut water? He takes DS by her hand.

DS reluctantly follows him.

Sudha excitedly akka why don't you and Mahish drink from one coconut with two straws it will be so romantic

DS: I feel like I have a headache and don't feel well she says trying to control her tears as the memories of her times spent with Varun not long ago comes pouring in.

Sudha: akka you are so boring today. Mahish and Varun do you want to come along with me to get something to eat at the shore restaurant.

Varun: I am full I will pass

Mahish: ok you and DS wait here I will bring something back for the both of you

Mahish and Sudha head out.

There is an awkward silence and Devasena gets up and walks away. She was so lost in her thoughts her heart filled with ache and her eyes blurred with the tears that she was trying her best to contain. Her feet slips of a steep edge of a rock when she felt someone pull her into a tight hug.

Varun: Are you crazy you almost fell and killed yourself, Can you not watch where you are going?

DS looked up at him and angrily said what difference does it make to you?

Varun: All the difference I would die if something happened to you

DS: Why? Because your brothers future wife will be no more?

Varun: No because MY LOVE will be no more. He blurted out

DS: Looked at him stunned

A little ways Mahish watched this and came up to them

DS got out of Varun's embrace awkwardly and said was going to see what Sudha was doing

Varun: turns to Mahish she was about to..

Mahish: why didn't you tell me that she was your Rajkumari?

Varun: No it is nothing like that

Mahish: So now you have started to lie to your brother?

Varun: could only mumble you are the most suited to her

Mahish: I don't think that is a decision that you can make can you? Did you ever think you were destroying three lives?

Varun: But you love her too

Mahish: Yes I do but I knew DS did not feel the same way about me and thought that once we were married that will change. But I did not know that she felt that way about you and you her. I thought you and I shared everything I guess I was wrong

Varun: Mahish dad wanted you both to get married

Mahish: Yes, because I was and am in love with her but what kind of marriage will I have where my wife loves my brother, my brother loves her; a loveless one and I don't think DS and me deserve that. You are my brother I know why you are doing this so forget that you were adopted and the obligation because I have long forgotten that

The ride back was a very quiet one except for sudha chattering occasionally

Limo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
My heart was yearning for some positivity given than aarambh series is finishing and at the same as your previous chapter suggestive of RK and Mahishi's engagement. Having read your update today and Saana's take on DS and V having some quality time; has lifted my spirits..

Waiting for more

Thank you for keeping us entertained..
Edited by Limo - 7 years ago
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Why VD n DS are supposed to be broken ..
Thank God he spoke out that she's his love!!!
Mahisha saying good things to VD
M doubtful here I don't think he's a good guy...he's definitely going to do something fishy if m not wrong

Omg VD in blue sherwani n DS in pink lehnga ...imagining
RDX n KN in those colors
Thank u thankkk u sooo much!!!
Candykiss thumbnail
OMG I am quite a late person to be here on forums but wanted to thank you people for doing this effort to keep the characters alive
A big thank you!
The story is beautiful I read it seriously
Keep it up!!!😊
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Wow on this life Mekhla and Mahisha seem not to be awful people?! Amazing!!

Still have to deal with Hahuma though...

Great work as usual Sabita!
gemini54 thumbnail

First of all I want to thank all of you who have encouraged me on my first foray into fiction writing. Special shout out to Monica and braveheartdoc for always being my champion and how can I forget Sanaa who has been my inspiration. Of course all this wouldn't have been possible without a show called Aarambh and characters of Devasena and Varundev played by KN and RDX.

Here is my last chapter of this story. I wanted to keep this story simple, positive and one filled with hope. I hope I achieved it.

Chapter 10

The day of Hahuamma Birthday the whole family gets ready to go to the Kapaleeswarar Temple as was the tradition. A beautiful temple steeped with history where it was purported that Shakti worshipped Shiva in the form of a peacock and worshipping here is believed to bestow ones wishes. DS , Sudha and the rest dressed in their finest Kanchipuram saris and traditional south Indian jewelry. DS was least interested in dressing up and felt that the whole weight of the world was on her shoulders

Just before the whole family including Indra and his wife were ready to leave for the temple Mani comes in with his uncle Madhavan

Hahuamma: How dare you bring him home?

Mani: Patti he is my uncle and I have every right to

Hahuamma: Don't forget I can disown you too just like I did him

Mani: No worries Patti you already have while comparing me all the time with Devi so much so that I started hating her

Anbu looks at Padma at last our son has grown up he remarks

Hahuamma was about to speak when Mahish said he had an announcement to make

Mahish: Hahuamma on your Birthday I want to make a special announcement. I want to today announce the marriage of Devasena and Varun my brother

Hahuamma: what kind of silly announcement is this...? Don't forget where you are?

Indra: Hahuamma with all due respect I am with my son Mahish on this. We spoke of an alliance, a merger between both families and it is only appropriate that my oldest son marries your granddaughter considering both of them love each other. He walks up to Varun and brings him forward. Son I just wish you had been honest with me. For me you are as important as Mahish in fact more so because you were the first one to call me Dad

Anu tries to interrupt: but ...Indra looks at her and asks her to be quiet

Indra walks up to DS and says we are looking for a daughter in our family a daughter who loves our son and I know both you and Varun love each other

Hahuamma: This is rubbish just like I made this marriage announcement I can break it. I am not willing to give my granddaughters marriage to an adopted son

Indra: This son has equal partnership share in Arya Industries and he is my Son in all ways

Mani interrupts: Patti I am going to give my share of the Dravid shares to my sister Devi she deserves it and I am going to pursue my passion of music with the help of mama and that makes my sister as powerful as you.

Mani looks at his uncle who had guided him and told him that Devasena deserved the shares more than him and refused the offer of shares earlier.

Anbu and Padma look proudly at their son while DS looks at her brother stunned

Madhavan chimes in: Amma once before you made the mistake of putting your pride before love and lost your son don't do the same mistake and lose your precious grand daughter

Hahuamma: Varun you came as a spy to this family how can I trust you to be loyal to this family and my granddaughter?

Varun: Hahuamma in my defense all I can say is because I love her, Loved her even before I set eyes on her he said looking as Devasena . But my loyalty towards my family made me give up my love, my life breathe if that does not prove my loyalty nothing will. He turns to Indra Arya Papa I know that I am your son and will always be and there is no need to give me a share of the Arya wealth because I don't want that to be the reason that my marriage with Devasena will happen. I love her and know I can keep her happy and as far as money I am confident that I can make it on my own.

He turns to Devasena My Rajkumari will you be mine? Marry me for richer or for poorer?

DS: With tears in her eyes whispers yes

Hahuamma: turns to DS and asks Devi is he the Man you were talking to me about?

DS: Could only nod in answer

Everyone was silent waiting to hear what Hahuamma had to say

Hahuamma: We are getting late for the temple all of us should go, she turns to Madhavan and says you should come too.

The ride to the temple was a tensed one

At the Temple Hahuamma calls the priest and says today is a special day

I am pleased to announce on my 80 Birthday that my son Madhavan has returned home where he rightfully belongs and my granddaughter Devasena who belongs to the rich Lineage of Dravidgam is marrying VarunDev son of Indra Arya who belong to the illustrious lineage of Arya varth. This is a pact of Love and Honor that has withstood generations of conflict and reached its final destination. And so a special Pooja will be performed.

Hahuamma orders them to exchange rings in front of God

Devasena and Varun Dev stunned at the announcement look at each other

Varun Dev whispers while slipping the ring on her finger "I love you my Rajkumari

Devasena looks up at her VarunDev and puts his ring on and softly whispers "I love you my Arya

Varun softly whispers to his RK. I cannot wait to show my Rajkumari the queen's necklace of Mumbai. He kisses Devasena gently on the forehead as their new journey begins, a Journey of Love, a journey which has withstood centuries of strife and came out strong , a journey of a Soul Connection as Devasena and VarunDev of the past looks on. For Soul is Eternal and so was their Love

The End