Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Here is the next chapter
Chapter 3

The next morning while DS is getting ready for work she thinks will I ever meet Varun again? In the meantime Varun having breakfast at the Hotel opens the paper to see the announcement of Hahuamma birthday and with photos of the whole family? He sees Devasena's picture and wonders if he will ever see her again...

Evening at the Dravid offices

DS looks at her watch it was quarter to 6 and she had told Nisha she will be at the party by 7pm she rushes out the door. Her friend Deepak an engineer sees her rush and teases her DS don't tell me you are rushing for a date

DS- No luck Deepak. Just to Nisha's party

In the meantime Mani comes home and drops his bags in the hall and calls out to the servant to bring him a cool drink

Hahuamma sees him from upstairs and calls him out

Mani where have you been and why are you this late?

Mani- Hi Patti as usual you have started scolding me didn't you miss me? I have been gone for a few days

Hahuamma- I don't like Jokes and you have become more irresponsible what about the sales figures I asked you for last week I haven't still got it

Mani- sorry Patti I forgot will get it in a day or two

Hahuamma- No I want it tonight so get to work

Daya sees all this from upstairs and when Mani comes up she goes and hugs him

Daya- Mani I know Patti always is partial she would never have scolded Devi like this

Mani- Yes chitti I know Devi is the darling of this home. I hate my sister

Mani walks away and Daya smiles slyly

Devasena rushes to her room and sees Mani she goes and hugs him and asks him

Did you have a good time in Ooty?

Mani Yes I did but as usual Patti is in my case to get some sales figures tonight can you help me with it

DS- Wish I could I am going to Nisha party but will try to come early and help you

Mani sarcastically so at last Nisha found a poor guy

Devasena rushes to freshen herself. She decides to wear a simple black skirt with a blue chiffon blouse long earrings and minimal makeup she just let her hair loosely in curls slipped into comfortable pumps and headed out...

Sudha who sees her stops her and says

Akka how can you dress so boring to a party

DS- It is ok Sudha I am already late

Sudha- wait akka at least wear a new long chain I bought it will go with this outfit

Sudha brings out a modern silver chain which matched the earrings and DS headed out

Varun looked at himself in the mirror he was dressed in jeans a white T shirt and a Navy blazer and his brown loafers.

He heads out towards his ride.

The small party hall is decked up with soft lights. Suresh was by the bar giving instructions and Nisha was welcoming the guests her friends, she kept glancing at the doorway to see whether DS had come and was about to message her when DS arrives

Nisha rushes to greet her and takes her along to meet Suresh. Suresh spots Varun and hugs him he hadn't seen his friend in years after they graduated MIT together and takes him along to meet Nisha

Nisha- Suresh look who is here she says holding Devasena hands

Suresh- Nisha look who is here my friend Varun he says holding his hand

DS and Varun look at each other stunned

xxx

Nisha- It is a small world Suresh, DS met Varun yesterday didn't you DS?

DS- Face turning a bright red. Yes Suresh I met Varun

Suresh: - Wow I didn't know you guys know each other

Both Varun and DS- No we don't we just met

Suresh- That is good then turning to Nisha. Nisha you have met my best buddy and my best buddy has met yours what are the chances?

Nisha- I would say chances of double dating

DS face turns even redder

Varun- can I get you a drink? And can I call you DS too or do you prefer Devasena?

Nisha- actually she prefers Rajkumari. Do you know she is the heir to the Dravid Enterprise?

Varun- turns to DS with a mischievous smile I like Rajkumari better. Maybe I can call you RK for short form

DS looks up at him with a shy smile

Suresh- Now that you guys know each other I am sure it is time for Nisha and I to mingle with other people

As they walk away there was an awkward silence.

Varun hands her a drink and DS turns to him and asks

DS- Do you live in the US too?

Varun- No I live in Mumbai

DS- What do you do in Mumbai?

Varun- should we be talking about work or something else

DS- Ok I know Nisha calls me boring

Varun- I don't think you are

Both look at each other and smile

Varun could not believe that DS such a wealthy heiress was so down to earth and gorgeous to boot

DS- I cannot believe I have met him three times in two days

DS- So do you plan to stay in Chennai?

Varun- I was planning on going back tomorrow

DS- Have you visited Chennai before?

Varun- No this is my first time

DS- Then you should take in the sights. Chennai has a very rich culture

Varun- I will if you would take me around

DS- Smiles looking up at him why not? I can do that after all this is my most favorite city

Varun- Have you been to Mumbai?

DS- I have once when I was I think three but don't remember much

Varun- we make a deal you show me Chennai and I will Mumbai

DS- Deal

They awkwardly shake hands

The rest of the evening both Varun and DS were immersed in conversation. DS thought to herself I cannot believe I am so comfortable with a stranger I just met while Varun thought I can't believe that I am getting along so well with Dad's competition I wonder what dad will think.

The evening came to an end and Varun gave his number to DS and stored her name as RK in his phone

DS I will message you tomorrow and maybe we can go to Mamallapuram a historic beach town

Varun- Looking forward to it

That Night Nisha messages DS looks like you found your prince charming

DS- Maybe she replied with a smile emoji

Varun kept looking at the picture Nisha had clicked of Devasena and him and smiles....

Let me know your thoughts?

Edited by gemini54 - 7 years ago
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
M sorry so so damn upset with show going off ..I dint check this
M.going to read all the parts in a while
I ll comment then
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely writing dear...really felt so good to read about the first proper convo between them...now they both plan to go out together... 😊
Waiting for the next...thanks for this 😊
Limo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sabita, the script is terrific.. I take a bow... I am smitten with Rajkumari and Varun..

I actually can visualise the scene., keeping in mind the small nunance and jesters that RDX portrays and KN bedazzled glances.. how lovely

As some one predicted RKs friend and her fianc are the Cupid for both RK and V.

I am looking forwards to the city wide sightseeing of Chennai, Mumbai and Mamallapuram...

Thank you for the wonderful creation..
gemini54 thumbnail

Chapter 4- This is a bit shorter..but wanted to dedicate one chapter just to the two of them

It was a beautiful day. DS gets up early with a light feeling she walks up to her closet to choose clothes. She asks herself why is she so silly this is the first time she is worried about what she wears. She calls Sudha and asks her what she should wear

Sudha- akka what is special today?

DS- Nothing I am just going to Mamallapuram with some friends and you always say I don't dress well I thought I will ask you

Sudha- ok stop wearing your boring jeans and wear the burgundy long printed skirt that we got last month pair it with the cute black sleeveless top you have maybe take a light cardigan the burgundy one and wear chunky earring

DS- Hugs her sister- Sudha you are the best I owe you one

Sudha- akka since you are asking can I borrow the ruby bracelet that Patti gave you last birthday it was more beautiful than one she got me

DS- Sure she opens the jewelry box and hands over the bracelet. Anything for my little sister

Sudha- thanks akka and make sure you do something to your hair too

DS- I am behaving like a teenager she whirls in the skirt and looks in the mirror and she sets out to meet Varun

Varun- dressed in shorts and a polo slings his camera bag and walks out the door to meet DS

Varun- RK this is an awesome car

DS- It was a gift from my Patti

Patti? DS that is what I call my grandmother it is grandma in Tamil

DS- Shall we go

Varun- Lead the way

The drive to Mamallapuran was scenic both DS and Varun had similar taste in music and had lots to talk about. They stop at the beautiful beach town

DS was like a little kid showing him the sights. She showed him the Five Rathas called the Pandava Ratha each Ratha carved out of a single stone which showcased Dravidian architecture of the Pallava dynasty, Descent of the Ganges a giant open-air rock carving, Krishna butter ball a giant balancing rock , the beautiful shore temple overlooking the Bay of Bengal.

Varun could not take his eyes of her, she was like this beautiful child, an apsara, and a dove eyed beauty all in one

DS had never been happier she kept sneaking glances at the handsome man beside her.

DS: Want to try straw hats?

Varun: Straw hats he says with a smile?

DS: I always try them on when I come here, that and drinking coconut water are my favorite

Varun couldn't believe how down to earth she was, sure let us try some he says

DS goes to a vendor and tries the most colorful hat on while Varun clicks a picture. She holds his hand and says try one too?

Varun could not resist this childlike innocence of her and both of them don the hats and take selfies and goofy pictures

They walk on the shores of the pristine beach together. Varun was tempted to hold her hand and Devasena wished he would hold her hand. They drank coconut water and watched the sunset over the bay.

Both a little quiet on the drive back wishing this day did not end

DS- So are you going back tomorrow?

Varun- That is the plan but you should come to Mumbai I will show you around

DS- I would like that

DS dropped him off at his hotel. She hoped this day would not end. Varun hoped that he would just stay with her for ever

Both said their good nights

DS- Message me when you reach Mumbai

Varun- I sure will

Varun walked up to his room and heard a beep and looked down and saw 15 messages from Mahish. Mahish had written that he was planning a trip to Chennai.

Varun wrote back it is a beautiful place wish I could show you around but have to leave tomorrow as Dad had important work.

Varun looks down at the pictures of the beautiful Devasena and smiles.

DS messages Nisha. Today was one of the happiest days of my life.

Hope you like this update

Limo thumbnail
Want more.. beautifully depicted the longing on both sides.. hope it goes well for RK and V.. with so many hindrance..
Edited by Limo - 7 years ago
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Your posting speed is amazing! And you manage to not sacrifice qualify while writing fast- amazong!tell me your secret :)
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Beautiful!!!
I read all parts ..
Wish we could have the opportunity to watch them in current time too
Anyways thanks to u guys who are writing everything we could imagine them as...
Awesome !! πŸ‘
gemini54 thumbnail
Thanks Monica, Sonia and all for the encouragement. @ Sanaa you are my inspiration.😊.
Here is chapter 5 a looong oneπŸ˜‰. Hope I will not bore you all

Chapter 5

Mahish plane touched down in Chennai airport. His one goal was to meet Devasena but he was not sure how. He walked up to the hotel Lobby and heard a young Man shouting at the clerk of the Hotel front desk. He goes to the front desk and overhears the Front desk clerk telling the young Man he knows he is the heir to Dravid Industries but he still needs to pay for the damage caused by his friends last night. Mahish ears perk up did he hear Dravid Industries. He saunters to the clerk and says I am sure my friend intends to pay it I will pay for him. Mani looks at this young man who claims to be his friend who he has never met.

Mahish hands the credit card to the clerk and smiles to himself he knows now how he can meet Devasena. Mahish introduces himself as Mahish to Mani. Both Mani and Mahish decide to get a drink at the bar.

Mani- I haven't seen you here before

Manish- This is my first trip to Chennai

Mani- Then you shouldn't stay at a hotel come home and stay with is

Manish- Protests feebly and says but your parents may not like it

Mani- we live in a huge house the only problem is my Patti I know how to make her agree

He dials DS # DS- Surprised to see her brothers call picks up the call

Mani- Devi I am bringing my friend home today to stay with us you should convince Patti

DS- Sure Mani I will

Mahish- hides his excitement he gets to see Devasena in person

DS- Goes to her Patti's office

Hahuamma- what is it Devi? What a surprise my child says Hahuamma looking at her favorite grandchild

DS- Hugs her Patti and says Patti Mani wants to bring his friend home today to stay with us is that ok?

Hahuamma- Did Mani put you up to this?

DS- No Patti it is just I know this friend he is good guy lied DS for her brother

Hahuamma- because you are recommending I will allow it

DS- calls Mani Mani Patti said it was ok

Mani turns to Manish I told you my sister can twist my Patti around her little finger come let us go

The car stops at a palatial bungalow. Mani asks the servants to take Manish bags to the best guest room

He introduces Manish to his parents and his aunt and his cousin Sudha. Sudha looks at the good looking Man in front of her. Daya starts asking him questions about his business. Manish says he is an industrialist son but does not want to divulge a lot. Mani interrupts and stops them from asking questions. They hear a sound and turn around and see Hahuamma and DS

Mani introduces Hahauamma to Manish-

Manish this is my Patti Manish says namaskar

Mani does not introduce DS but Manish looks at her stunned she looked breathtakingly beautiful in person he holds his hand out and says I am Mahish. DS shakes his hand and says I am Devasena people call me DS

Hahuamma turns to DS and says Devi didn't you tell me you knew Mani's friend did you lie to me?

Mahish looks at the stunned face of Devasena and tells Hahuamma she does know me but we met a very long time I thought she may have forgotten

Hahuamma nods her head and walks away

DS- Mahish thanks for saving me she says and smiles.

Mahish looks at her smile with awe she was so attractive

DS phone beeps and she sees it is a message from Varun she excuses herself and goes to her room to read it

He had sent some of the pics and told her he had a great time

Varun was waiting for her reply for the messages. He missed her so much and wished had stayed longer.

The next morning

Daya- Sudha get to know this friend of Mani he seems to be rich

Sudha- Ok amma he looks handsome too

At the breakfast table Manish looks around to see if Devasena was there but to his disappointment Mani says she already left to work. Sudha kept offering him idlis and dosas and Mahish had to be polite to her so kept politely smiling. Daya sees the interactions and is very happy. She takes mani aside and asks him about Mahish

Daya- Your friend seems like a very nice and rich person

Mani- Yes chitti he is very nice, yesterday he just paid my big hotel bill

Daya smiles- Mani maybe Sudha can take him around

Mani- I was planning to take him around myself but Patti has given me an important work so ok she can take him around

Mani- Mahish today Sudha my cousin will take you around Chennai

Mahish was least interested in going out says to Mani. I would rather come and see your office today

Mani of course I will take you

Daya- Mahish Sudha has holidays now she can take you out

Mahish- That is ok aunty maybe in the evening we can all go out

Mani's car stops at a swanky new office building with a sign Dravid Enterprises

Varun messages DS

DS so happy to see the message from Varun does not see Mahish in front of her and almost collides with him

Mahish holds her arm and she steps back.

Mahish- Looks like you are not watching where you are going?

DS- No a bad habit of mine she says and her first meeting of Varun flashes before her eyes

Mani- Mahish come I will show you around

Mahish- Mani I know you are busy maybe DS can show me around

DS- But I... Mani cuts her off Devi show him around you are always busy

DS- OK come on she says to Mahish

Mahish was very pleased that he got to spend time with Devasena though every few minutes she was checking her phone

Mahish: DS how about coffee break

DS- Sure we can go to the cafeteria

Mahish- I thought we will get some fresh air and go to some coffee shop

DS- Sure I will call Mani too

Manish- wanted to tell her he did not want that but DS already called Mani.

The three of them go to a coffee house. Mahish being his astute self-notices that Mani does not like his sister very much and looks like DS loved her brother.

The coffee date was not what Mahish planned. He somehow needed to spend time with DS.

Varun calls DS. DS thrilled to hear his voice excuses herself and goes to talk to him

Varun- Rk how are you?

DS- Fine and you. Thanks a lot for the beautiful pictures

Varun- you are welcome. I may come back to Chennai soon

DS- See I told you that you cannot resist Chennai

Varun- Maybe it is not Chennai that I cannot resist says Varun cheekily

DS- Shyly smiles and asks when are you coming?

Varun- I may surprise you

DS- was so happy to have heard from Varun that she had smiles on her face when she walked back to the coffee shop.

Mahish- looks like you seem very happy don't tell me you have a secret boyfriend?

DS turns bright red. Mani interrupts my sister is so boring she does not have a boyfriend

DS face falls. Mahish cheerfully says never say never

The three of them head back to the office and Mahish does not get to see her that day he excuses himself and goes home

xxx

Mumbai:

Indra- Varun we have to find a different strategy to get a peek at the designs so we can get some idea as to what they are working on

Varun- Dad maybe we can scout for good designers in the market

Indra: We don't have time for that as the Military contracts are coming up soon and I don't want to lose that contract it is a prestigious one. I have an idea, you are an engineer and understands designs, and not a lot of people outside our circle know that you are my adopted son why don't you get a job at Dravid Enterprises and try and get a peek at the designs.

Varun- Dad but that is illegal

Indra- All is fair in War and Business. There have been so many companies where the competitor has started his own venture after he worked somewhere so think of it that way

Varun- But Dad there..

Anu rudely interrupts Varun- Don't forget that this is the same dad that gave you a life when you were abandoned

Indra: Anu why do you always have to be rude? Son this is the best way we have now. Mahish is known in my business circles and also he is not an Engineer think about it

Varun- His voice shaky I understand Dad let me find a way

Indra: I am sure you will have to make some calls now

Varun calls DS again and this time asks her for a favor

DS- So happy to hear from Varun asks what is it?

Varun- I need a job. I lost mine in Mumbai and was wondering if you had an opening at your company

DS- Of course send me your resume and I will talk to head of HR

Varun Thanks looking forward to hearing from you

DS- Literally runs to HR and tells her she knows of a brilliant candidate from MIT and wanted to hire him in Engineering

Varun dials his dads' # Dad I have managed to get a job at Dravid Enterprise it will not be long before we know the designs

Indra- I am proud of you my son

Varun puts the phone down and thinks of his RK her beautiful face and how he is deceiving her

Mani, Manish and Sudha are heading to a Mall. Mahish was least interested in a Mall but could not refuse. Sudha was thrilled that she was going out with Mahish even though Mani was there that she tried a ton of clothes on. She hoped Mahish would notice her.

The three of them stop at the mall and go inside to the new designer Store when they hear someone calling Manish name they turn around and see Madhavan. Madhavan comes up to Mani and Sudha and asks them how they were. Mani rudely tells him he does not talk to strangers. Sudha just looks on. Madhavan says sorry and walks away

Mahish- who was that person?

Mani- Nobody he is a nobody

Sudha- he is our was our uncle

Mahish- Was?

Mani- He is not fit to be called our uncle our Patti disowned him and rightfully so

Mahish- Really why?

Mani- because he married a girl from the slum can you believe it?

Mahish was stunned and turns around to look at the Man passing by

Madhavan had tears stinging in his eyes. This was insult all over again. He sat in the food court and recollected that dreadful Day

Madhavan had won the prestigious designer of the year award. He was happy that because of him his company Dravid Industries was thought to be a pioneer in Aerospace Design. He clutched his award in his hands as he heads home only to see the house filled with darkness.

He saw Hahuamma his mother sitting in her favorite chair. He rushed to her to show her the award. He can to this day hear her voice and her disdain

Hahuamma- Madhu is it true what I heard?

Madhavan- what did you hear amma?

Hahuamma That you are in love with shanthamma our maid's daughter?

Madhavan- amma but how?

Hahuamma- answer my question?

Madhavan- I don't want to talk about it amma and not in front of everyone here

Hahuamma- when you do shameful things it needs to be talked loud

I have arranged for you to get married to my friends the Ministers daughter so you better get ready for that the marriage will take place within a week

Madhav- Amma I cannot do that I am already committed to her, besides I love her

Hahuamma- are you opposing your mother for a lowly girl?. I am ashamed to call you my son

Madhavan- But amma you should just get to know her

Hahuamma- stop either you choose to marry the girl of my choice and forget this girl or forget you are my son and leave it is your choice.

Daya: Madhu how can you do this she asks as if concerned. She remembered that she was the one who told Hahuamma about Shantha and Madhu and was happy that her darling brother was in trouble

Padma with a shaky voice- Amma but

Hahuamma- Padma do you want to leave as well?

Madhavan- I am sorry amma then I chose to leave then betray someone who I have pledged to be together

Hahuamma- Then from this day YOU ARE NO LONGER MY SON, nobody from this family will talk to you, you get out of my house, you are not part of the company and don't step here anymore even for my death I don't want to see you GET OUT!

Upstairs little Devasena saw her Patti shouting at her mama and after that never saw her mama again

Madhavan wiped his tears took out his wallet and looked at his wife's picture, his love who died in a road accident two years ago

The only person who keeps in touch with him, his sunshine his Devasena who came to the funeral of his wife and spent time with him

xxx

DS calls Varun excitedly

Varun can you fly tomorrow for an interview?

Varun- of course who will interview me?

DS- Laughingly- Me the head of engineering, Head of operations venkat uncle and of course my Patti

Varun- Of course I will be there tomorrow

DS- See you tomorrow then

Varun- sure looking forward to it

Varun walks to his Dad. Dad I have an interview tomorrow and of course I haven't told them about you

Indra- Good son keep it that way

DS thinks to herself I can't wait to see him again. Varun thinks to himself I will be seeing you again but under very different circumstance.

Edited by gemini54 - 7 years ago
Limo thumbnail
Oh, V deceiving, but good for the love story., you have made both RK and V madly in love.,already... hahaha

Mahishi, what to do? Mani what else to do? Hahuma remains truely matriarchal..disowning her son aa he fell in love with a girl not the same status as her..how typical

Continue.. thank you, thank you