Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
First of all thanks for all the response. So I have decided to write my very first story here. Fair Warning, this is my very first attempt and it will be Long hope all of you like it
Here Goes: I have used Tamil words and sights of Chennai in this story

Place: Modern India

Character sketch:

Hahuamma Matriarch of the family head of Dravid Enterprises located in Chennai India

Madhavan- Oldest estranged son of Hahu Amma

Padma- Oldest daughter of Hahu Amma

Anbu- Padma husband

Daya- second widowed daughter of Hahuamma

Devasena known as DS- daughter of Padma and Anbu

Mani- DS twin brother

Sudha- Daughter of Daya

Nisha- DS best friend

Suresh: Nisha Fiance'

Indra Arya- Head of Arya Technologies located in bustling Mumbai

Anu- His wife

Mahish- son of Indra

Varun- Adopted son of Indra

Chapter 1

A young woman intently looking at the computer screen in front of her gets startled when she feels a hand on her shoulders. She turns around and sees Venkat Uncle the head of Operations.

Venkat- Child it is time you went home it is 7 pm and you have been here since 6 am

DS- Uncle I just want to finish this design before I leave

Venkat- No as head of Operations I insist. He takes her by the hand and ushers her out

Meanwhile in the Hahuamma mansion Anbu Hahuamma son in law talks to his wife about TV coverage for amma 80 birthday

Anbu- We have done our initial coverage but we need to do live coverage of the event

Padma- I am sure amma will be pleased with all the arrangements that you are doing

Daya- Akka can we go shopping for the occasion Sudha and I need new jewelry and designer saris for the occasion

Padma- Sure Daya buy whatever you and Sudha want. Padma had a soft corner for her little sister who had lost her husband while very young and both Daya and her daughter came back to live in the House.

In Mumbai in the Arya Industries Indra Arya was holding a closed meeting and was angry.

Indra- I cannot believe that we lost another contract to Dravid Industries in a span of 8 months. What is it they have that we don't?

Varun Dad I heard that their engineering design team comes up with very innovative and cutting edge designs

Indra turns to Varun- Varun I don't know what you would do but if we cannot come up with the designs we need to hire the designer from Dravid I want you to fly to Chennai and hire the best designer of that company. Where is Mahish? I haven't seen him today

Varun- I will message him maybe he went home early

Varun messages Mahish but gets no answer back

Mahish comes to a screeching halt in from of the Arya Mansion and sprints up the front steps calling out to his mom. He plops his long frame in a sofa and turns on the TV to a Music Video

Indra walks in the door with Varun sees his son on the sofa and chides him

Indra- We are worried about losing contracts and here you are looking at stupid music videos

Anu his wife tries to intervene but Indra is so angry he turns to Mahish and tells him at least put the news on so you can see what our competition is upto?

Mahish turns the channel to the news where Hahuamma 80 birthday celebration party was being announced along with family photos

Mahish and Varun both look at the photo of a beautiful girl in jeans and white shirt and the news cast says she is Devasena known as DS the head of engineering and the heir to the Dravid Enterprise.

Hope you like the first chapter..

Edited by gemini54 - 7 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Love set at the backdrop of business rivalry is my fav kind of story (I am doing one too since sometime - another forum) :D
So DS is our serious hardworking girl. A glimpse of Padma and she is nice to her sis and sis's daughter. Mahish's couch potatoing atleast let Varun catch a first glimpse of DS. So far it was a good intro to the characters as well as some light was shed on their personalities.

Waiting for next part, longer if you please :)
Limo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good day Sabita...

Nice modern take... easy to read and retain.. I can already see the sparks from V towards the jean clad DS..

Cutting edge tech; why not the best for DS..

V sounds so adorable... sweetheart
gemini54 thumbnail

Here is chapter 2 a bit longer

Chapter 2

DS has her eyes glued to the message on her phone and does not see the Tall man in front of her.

Varun intently trying to convince Mahish to come to Chennai misses seeing the beautiful girl in front of him.

Both of them collide into each other and their phones drop to the floor. Both reach out to get their phones and their hands touch. DS feels an electricity that she has never felt before and varun lifts his eyes to see a dove eyed beauty before him and wonders if he had seen her somewhere before and DS looks at the twinkling eyes of the Man in front of her

DS- Sorry bad habit of mine checking messages and not looking in front of me she said with a laugh

V- Does not answer for a second because he keeps looking at her then smiles and says that is ok..Looks like both of us share this bad habit

He hands her phone to her and their hands touch again and both feel something

Both Varun and DS say their thanks and walk in opposite directions. But not before they glance back to look at each other one more time

DS sees her friend Nisha seated already and goes and apologizes for being late

Nisha: Please tell me the reason you were late is because of a handsome Man and not because of your silly algorithms and designs

DS- Smiles and says of course a handsome man stunning Nisha who wants to know all the details

DS- There is nothing to tell I just collided against one said sorry end of story

Nisha- DS you are so boring

DS- Now you tell me what is so exciting that you could not tell me over the phone

Nisha: shows her ring finger which has a diamond. At last Suresh proposed to me she says

DS- I am so happy for you

DS hugs Nisha

Nisha: Now you need to find someone so we can have a double wedding like we always wanted

DS- Then you will have to wait a very, very long time and I don't think Suresh will like that

DS turns her head to beckon a waiter and spots her uncle Madhavan seated a few seats away

She turns to Nisha and says I have to say hi to my mama (uncle)

Nisha: wont your parents and your grandmother be angry at you if you do so. You know how they feel about him

DS- He is and always will be my mama and besides they are not here now

DS gets up and walks towards her mama and calls him out the man turns

Madhavan sees his niece standing before him with a smile gets up to hug her.

Madhavan- My sunshine he says as he fondly calls her. What are you doing here?

DS- Came to see my friend and saw you and thought I will say hello

Madhavan- I am glad you did, how are akka and mama he asks about his sister Padma and his brother in law

DS They are doing well preparing for Hahuamma 80 birthday. Are you coming mama?

Madhavan- No I am not invited you know how it is. Now tell me when are you getting married?

DS- You will be definitely invited if and when I get married

Meanwhile Varun walks into the restaurant and spots Madhavan and walks towards him. He stops in his tracks as he sees DS seated by Madhavan

Varun- Hi Mr Madhavan sorry to keep you waiting but had some urgent calls to make

Madhavan- That is ok Varun I was just visiting with my n...Madhavan stopped himself from saying niece and turns around and introduces DS meet Devasena the Chief engineer at Dravid Industries

DS- Was surprised that her uncle did not introduce her as his niece but understood

She turned and shook hands with the handsome stranger one more time

Varun could not believe his luck. Two meetings in one day he thought and smiled Devasena looked even more beautiful in person then in pictures thought Varun

Meanwhile Nisha made signs to DS and DS excused herself and walked towards Nisha

Nisha: so who is that handsome guy with your mama?

DS the same guy who I mentioned earlier

Nisha: He is cute and I think he likes you too

DS- All this you know how?

Nisha- Because he keeps looking in your direction

DS turns her head and catches the eye of the stranger and blushes and turns around she tells Nisha I think it is time we left

Nisha: why don't you go and ask his telephone number

DS- You are one crazy person let us go

Meanwhile Madhavan asks Varun how was your trip?

Varun- pretty uneventful thanks for meeting up with me

Madhavan- what can I do for you?

Varun- I came to offer you a job as head of engineering at Arya Enterprise

Madhavan- I am honored but I have to turn it down if I knew that was why you wanted to meet up with me I would have told you over the phone

Varun- Can I offer you anything that will change your mind

Madhavan- No sorry I am not in the Market

Varun- Never mind at least I met the genius behind the first designs at Dravid Enterprises

Madhavan- A wry smile on his face...genius I am not and I am not with Dravid anymore too

Varun shakes Madhav hands and tells him please call if you change your mind and leaves

Madhav pensive in thought thinks about the day when he was ousted from his home and his business by none other than Hahuamma his mother.

Varun on the phone with his adopted Dad

Dad I have some bad news Mr Madhav turned down our offer of employment

Arya: Why? Didn't you offer him more money? All perks

Varun- Dad he was not even open to anything

Arya: Son I wish you had tried harder but come back home and we will look at another strategy

Varun: I will. Today I am meeting my friend Suresh from MIT, Haven't seen him in a long time heard he is visiting Chennai this week so will catch an early flight tomorrow bye Dad

Nisha- DS Suresh is just here for a week more and we are planning a party tomorrow so don't forget

DS- Wouldn't miss it for the world

Nisha- No excuses last minute about work ok

DS- Sure just message me the venue and I will be there after all you are my best friend

Nisha- Maybe only friend!

Varun- Messages Suresh I heard you are in town this week and surprise I am here too haven't seen you in years and would love to meet tonight if possible

Suresh: Can't believe you are in town. Today I am meeting with my fianc family for dinner how about you come to a party tomorrow you can meet my fianc Nisha too

Varun- I was planning to leave tomorrow but maybe will stay on one more day. See you at the party

Meanwhile in the Arya Industry Manish was searching for Devasena's name in all the social sites and reads about all the awards that she has won for her engineering designs, a protg. He looks at the photos of Devasena and says to himself I have to meet you in person. In the meantime he gets a message from Varun that he is staying back in Chennai for a day more

Mahish: Varun I think I will fly down to Chennai too haven't seen the city at all

Varun: What changed your mind I was asking you in the morning and now you want to come? Don't tell me it is a girl

Mahish-You always read my mind will tell you when I get there. In the meantime enjoy your party, wear something nice, who knows you may find the girl of your dreams there who will take you away from your boring life.

In the Devasena Home there is a lot of hustle and bustle

Hahuamma Padma where is Mani? I have not seen him for the last 2 days

Padma- He went to OOTY amma to spend time with his friends

Hahuamma -It is about time that he stopped partying too much and concentrate on his work after all I made him head of sales look at Devasena she is so focused and so good at her job

Padma- I will tell him amma.

Anbu to Padma- I don't know why your amma always compares Devasena and Mani, no wonder our children who need to be close to each other but are not. I wish we moved out of this home and lived separately a long time ago

Padma- Do you remember Anbu that my mother only agreed for our marriage if you came and lived with us

Anbu- how can I forget that that is why my parents have disowned me

Meanwhile a young girl in front of mirror trying out different outfits

Daya- Sudha what are you doing? Why is your room so messy?

Sudha- amma I am trying out outfits for Patti's birthday but don't like any of them

Daya- Don't worry will buy you designer outfit for the occasion lot of eligible bachelors will come to the party

Sudha- amma most of the guys here are after me and are so boring. My standard is so high

DS comes home tired and flops on the sofa with her laptop. Her mother comes to her and calls her Devi as she fondly calls her daughter

Padma- Devi for once put the laptop down and go shopping, find good clothes and put on some make up

DS- Amma I am ok I will wear the blue dhavani (The south Indian Lehenga) I wore it only once

Padma- No go with chitti and sudha and buy yourself a new one

DS- Amma they take a whole day shopping and I don't have time for it

Sudha- Hi akka I am going shopping tomorrow want to come

DS- No sudha I am busy besides I am going to Nisha party tomorrow

Sudha- Party that is awesome what are you wearing?

DS- Jeans of course

Sudha- don't be boring wear a beautiful dress is it Indian or western theme

DS Laughs I don't think there is a theme it is just a party and jeans should be fine

Sudha I will message Nisha akka and ask. Wish I was invited too I love parties

DS- Don't you do that all the time. I am tired I am going to bed

Both DS and Varun think about their meeting that morning and have a smile on their faces while they turn the light off to sleep.

Limo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sabita, very nice part 2.. where do you guys think of such stories.. very gifted.. thank you for writing such a nice take..

nice South Indian touches..

Already rooting for DS and V..

Several spokes in the wheel, all tied up and interlinked... very interesting...

I am looking forward to the next part
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
This is amazing! Please also post it on Wattpad so you have a greater audience to appreciate this!

DS and VD already feeling sparks- please let there be total honesty this time around! Wonder why there is so much animosity between Hahuma and her son?

Also is Mahish Mahisha?
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Part 1 was short but interesting...liked the business rivalry that you chose as the backdrop... 👏

Waiting for the third part 😊

Sorry for being late...just came to know that you posted...as you updated the title late...thanks for the story dear 😊
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Part 2 was even more interesting 😃 👏
Nicely interconnected...loving your characterizations...

Waiting for the next 😊
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Nice meet cute b/w DS and Varun. Varun was trying to poach DS's uncle. Her uncle didn't tell him his r/l to DS, wonder if that'lll come into play later on. VarSena's mutual friends Nisha and Suresh will be quite instrumental in bringing them together. Like one poster said, I too liked the south indian touches that you've given - be it the dress, or terms of addressing. It was a nice read :)
gemini54 thumbnail
@ErisedWitch45, Monica, braveheartdoc , Sanaa and all others who have commented I am touched by the encouragement.
@Sanaa yes Mahish is Mahisha no points for creativity 😉