Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Excellent take on last weekend episodes by all of you! ๐Ÿ‘
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sanaa my dear friend thanks for the reply. I know all of us who were invested in this show feels short changed that it is ending before they have had the time to tell their story..but alas all boils down to money I guess..after all when there is no ROI it is not worth it.

Originally posted by: apolloartemis

Great to read your take! Honestly I was bummed by the news and too busy writing my fanfic to do justice to the episodes. I'll be interested to see how they wrap up in the next 4 episodss, and I hope it ends well at this point. And of course all success to RDX and KN who thankfully have bigger projects to go back to. Fingers crossed that they will work together again!

Thank God for that your fanfic is out of the world

Going to the episodes- I think it's obvious that the previous incarnations are merging with the current ones as the intensity accelerates. DS's reluctance is part of her subconsciously feeling DS 1.0's pain and partly because she has had a different upbringing. At that point also the humiliation factor for Dravidian society was much more, which was a major reason DS 1.0 killed her dad.
Yes you said it beautifully I thought everything will merge in Arya kingdom which was once Dravid Kingdom but it looks like it will in Dravid kingdom

I loved loved the increased closeness- friendship? Bah! Please don't be stuck in this for too long! And Mahisha is back. Now there are two kabab mein haddi for DS and JD. Bah!

yes they may not have time to build it out anything other than friendship..I am thinking they will show the last episode in the modern times..

Indramitra is hilarious. That's all I have to say. I kinda like the dynamic between him and Maran.

He seems clownish now๐Ÿ˜‰

Padmavija and Sambhajiva remain weak points. Honestly I cringe when they are the on the screen. I like Madhoo but putting so much emphasis on them was a mistake I feel. I would have much preferred if post reincarnation the story had been more about JD and DS rather than the characters around them. The writing was tighter pre leap I think.

And yes, this would have been better as a movie than a tv series.

๐Ÿ‘

Edited by gemini54 - 7 years ago
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Sabita even I am above 40. But the term trp aunties basically applies to the lower middle class or lower class women mostly from small towns. These are the a audience with very little education and their entire world revolves around kitchen politics. Their sense of self is defined by their control over their husbands and families. You and I can never fall in this category.
But the fact will remain that the show wasn't appreciated much by even the online audience. Overdose of madhoo was a major killing factor. The online audience could have been hooked if they had stuck to Jaldev, Devsena, Mahisha and mekhla. But no they had to make a pot pourri with dozens of babas thrown in. Some family time for Jaldev and developing his back story properly would have immensely helped.

A Hindi show is mainly watched by north Indian audience be it trp or online. This factor should have been accounted for.

Anyways what's done can't be undone.

candy02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree with @Payal. What has irritated me the most was the unnecessary and over usage of black magic, superpower. Almost all the characters, from nowhere, have acquired supernatural powers!!

I, as well, guess that concentration on VD, DS, Mekhla & Mahisha would have helped. But having said that I do appreciate Madhoo's portrayal and I have thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

Elongating the first incarnation might have helped, since the story as well as the characterizations were top-notch.Right now it's haphazard & incoherent.

@Payal, regarding VD 2.0 you are bang on. He has been reduced to Devsena's mere PA, whose only duty is to follow her whether required or not.

In a nut shell, a great potential but... But again I will still say that it has certainly been better than most of the high TRP fetching crapfest..
Edited by chandrima02 - 7 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with Payal and Chandrima's points about having a very big mix of characters thrown in one after the other without much breather for audience.
I think pre-leap was more slow and steady in it's approach where the character development of not only VarSena but others were given due space - be it Thangam, Dayalini, Purohit etc. I could connect with the characters and understand what is driving them. VarSena's 1st meet, their duel were beautifully done.

The pre-leap part was wrapped up pretty soon. At that time I had made my peace and was infact excited about post leap. Post leap I could feel something missing (couldn't excatly pin point what) but Payal and Chandrima's posts say, may be it's that. Be it haphazard use of supernatural, too many astrologers all telling the villains that they will rule Dravid. I mean Manikarnika's and Mahisha's gurus said the exact same thing!

But despite of this small.. err... glitch, I still liked the overall show. There is politics, drama, betrayal etc all wrapped in one. The villains are too many to count now. But DS and JD's slowly growing friendship feels nice. Even though the same actors amazingly play DS and JD I still feel more inclined to VarSena than JalSena :D

Madhoo as evil Padmavija was a bit too random in start but now I am liking her. She does crazy like noone else. DS fighting her own battles. rescuing her dad w/o relying on a man but being equal to him - were nicely done.
gemini54 thumbnail
Hi Payal thanks for clarifying that term. I was always confused by it. I have nothing more to add to what you have written below...somehow something went wrong and maybe too late to rectify๐Ÿ˜ญ

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

@Sabita even I am above 40. But the term trp aunties basically applies to the lower middle class or lower class women mostly from small towns. These are the a audience with very little education and their entire world revolves around kitchen politics. Their sense of self is defined by their control over their husbands and families. You and I can never fall in this category.

But the fact will remain that the show wasn't appreciated much by even the online audience. Overdose of madhoo was a major killing factor. The online audience could have been hooked if they had stuck to Jaldev, Devsena, Mahisha and mekhla. But no they had to make a pot pourri with dozens of babas thrown in. Some family time for Jaldev and developing his back story properly would have immensely helped.

A Hindi show is mainly watched by north Indian audience be it trp or online. This factor should have been accounted for.

Anyways what's done can't be undone.

gemini54 thumbnail
Hi Chandrima as they say everything in moderation..and here every Tom Dick and Harry had occult powers which made it a joke..unfortunately this also meant a shutdown of a show which had so much potential..alas

Originally posted by: chandrima02

I agree with @Payal. What has irritated me the most was the unnecessary and over usage of black magic, superpower. Almost all the characters, from nowhere, have acquired supernatural powers!!

I, as well, guess that concentration on VD, DS, Mekhla & Mahisha would have helped. But having said that I do appreciate Madhoo's portrayal and I have thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

Elongating the first incarnation might have helped, since the story as well as the characterizations were top-notch.Right now it's haphazard & incoherent.

@Payal, regarding VD 2.0 you are bang on. He has been reduced to Devsena's mere PA, whose only duty is to follow her whether required or not.

In a nut shell, a great potential but... But again I will still say that it has certainly been better than most of the high TRP fetching crapfest..

gemini54 thumbnail
๐Ÿ‘ for Bold I think that was so beautifully written and enacted that everything paled by comparisonI agree with you that though I was skeptical of the leap I wanted to give it a chance and the first 2 episodes pre leap was ok too then the downfall happened..But I still have a connection to this show and feel sad that it has to end

Originally posted by: ErisedWitch45

I agree with Payal and Chandrima's points about having a very big mix of characters thrown in one after the other without much breather for audience.

I think pre-leap was more slow and steady in it's approach where the character development of not only VarSena but others were given due space - be it Thangam, Dayalini, Purohit etc. I could connect with the characters and understand what is driving them. VarSena's 1st meet, their duel were beautifully done.

The pre-leap part was wrapped up pretty soon. At that time I had made my peace and was infact excited about post leap. Post leap I could feel something missing (couldn't excatly pin point what) but Payal and Chandrima's posts say, may be it's that. Be it haphazard use of supernatural, too many astrologers all telling the villains that they will rule Dravid. I mean Manikarnika's and Mahisha's gurus said the exact same thing!

But despite of this small.. err... glitch, I still liked the overall show. There is politics, drama, betrayal etc all wrapped in one. The villains are too many to count now. But DS and JD's slowly growing friendship feels nice. Even though the same actors amazingly play DS and JD I still feel more inclined to VarSena than JalSena :D

Madhoo as evil Padmavija was a bit too random in start but now I am liking her. She does crazy like noone else. DS fighting her own battles. rescuing her dad w/o relying on a man but being equal to him - were nicely done.

LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Sabita, when you manufacture a product to sell, you have to ensure that it is as per the taste of the target customers. Forget trp aunties, aarambh couldn't catch the fancy of even the progressive and educated online audience.

The death knell of the show sounded when they showed Chamundi wanting another husband inspite of being married to a guy like Devsena's father.

The over cruelty and Sambhavija portrayal in the beginning were further nails in the shows coffin.

Now they are trying to correct it by making Sambhavija holier than thou, using words like suhaag, sindoor etc etc but it's too little, too late. A woman who is allowed to have 4 husbands talking about suhaag, vidhwa and all sounds like a joke.

Then in a hurry to try different tracks, they made Jaldev a literal assistant to Devsena. You don't butcher your greatest strength. Rajnish duggal was the greatest asset the show had and currently he has no role except following Devsena like a puppy. Indian audience doesn't appreciate a guy who has no love or sense of responsibility towards his motherland or family.

Overall they have made so many errors that there is no way the show can now be accepted by the audience

You've pointed out almost everything I found problematic about this show . Still , I was watching cause I really really loved Rajniesh as VD & then later as Jaldev & her pairing with Devsena ( Karthika ) . But the part in bold was the nail in the coffin . ๐Ÿฅฑ I completely stopped watching after that . Going to catch up online may be sometimes later ( that too I'll fastforward most parts ) .