JalDev's Dilemma- Part 2 added

apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Today's post is gonna be featuring almost exclusively Devsena and Jaldev instead of an episode breakdown (mostly because I kinda fast forwarded and have to go back and rewatch those scenes...๐Ÿ˜ณ
Ok so Jaldev has this issue in which he is an Aryan who has been raised with hating Dravids and for a significant amount of time, his gurudev was training him and people like him to kill Devsena and destroy her kingdom (remember the first scene between him and Indramitra? JD had gone through and won all the trials, and I refuse to believe indoctrination was not part of that). With that context in mind, his focus on getting the lion crest under the Dravid throne, and his remark that once the crest is in place killing Devsena will be possible makes sense. I don't like it and I don't like that he means those words but they make sense and are in line with his character in this birth. Varun Dev had a strong noble core which was partly inherited from his dad, and partly from the circumstances in which he grew up. JD's inner nobility is suppressed to some extent cause his upbringing and teachings have focused on a "anything goes" creed, which shows how low the Aryans have gotten.

So Jaldev is a noble's son who is an accomplished warrior and a spy. All true. What is most telling in that entire spiel and in what he was thinking to himself is this- despite everything he can't kill Devsena. He can't do it. He raises the sword and falters. He thinks about it and falters. He falters period. Devsena might have powers but taking a sword to the neck kills anyone (well unless you are practising tantric like Padma but DS is not so lets assume it would kill her...). So what if the crest was not placed under the throne? Kill the princess you kill the Dravid's future. Period. Nope, he saved her and then did some fast talking to give his guru the reason why he saved her. His fast talk was true talk, but saving her? That was she was his atmasangini period, and his soul recognized that.

On the way back, he brushes off all her concerns about Mahisha (and don't tell me a part of him wasn't giggling like a 13 year old at the thought of Mahisha in chains, especially after Jaldev saw his advances towards Devsena), and the protects her from all burdens- he even allows her to step on him! I hope this is indicative of their future relationship in which he will protect her from all that seek to hurt her as she advances towards becoming queen. And Devsena understands and appreciates this. She gives him the credit he is due and does the aarti with him. An aarti in which both look near longingly at each other...

Another thing- against his will his admiration and feelings grw. Her determination, her humble nature in the face of her subjects adulation, and her closeness to him. All are wearing away at his will.

I confess though, I cannot see Devsena reacting well when she finds out he is an Aryan- depending on what stage of their relationship they are at when this revelation occurs will drive the rest of the story forward (I'm hoping this is the final reincarnation honestly...). I'm not sure how she will get past it if he does not tell her himself...

One other thing- when I first saw this episode I was frustrated with Jaldev because I disliked the back and forth he was having- this is because I had Varun Dev in my mind- Varun Dev who said "To hell with it all" and confessed to Devsena and loved her so much he woke up her love for him. But Varun Dev was in a different place. His father was dead, he had a friend who helped him realize his feelings and he didn't see a future past Devsena once he confessed to her. Jaldev has an established family and a real future in Aryavrat. He has to process through a lot more stuff before he allows himself to love Devsena with the same intensity. Its already started and I'm willing to see the slow burn.

Finally- please makers stop adding new enemies for Devsena, she has the five destiny kids. Introduce them before you introduce new villians and move the storytelling forward.
Edited by apolloartemis - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Limo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for your thoughts on the dilemma of the viewers on the protagonist Devasena and Varundev.

For me all is well that ends well. The journey into Aryawath and back to Dravidghan was symbolic to the aarambh of D and Vs relationship. The pooja that both D and V conducted was the first pooja as a couple. Despite all odds they have become one, albeit in the motion of time and action. Just like the engagement, the marriage - Khoon/Sindhoor bharaMaang was in the flow.

The scene where D/V meets Vs mother was very well scripted and enacted by all the three. The agony of a mother knowing it is her son, but a son who is bound by his duties was etched very well. I also liked the forcasting of the sindoor by Vs mother and thought it was symbolic...almost felt she gave her blessings to D/V relationship. In fact V introduced D as his wife to his mother. What a predicament for V, as we discussed in another post V is actually in a huge dissonance between his duties, being programmed to kill D and his atmasangi battle, especially as he is partially aware of his truth.

Manikarnika held my full attention today. Wow !!! what a powerpacked performance... he held his own and eventually landed into the Dravidghan. He has magical powers and he spoke about a prediction about him coming to the rightful place... to Dravidghan... my gut feeling is he may eventually help D.. after all, the spoilers so far makes him the brother of D... I feel his grievances might be against his mother Queen S and the matriarchical society...

My poor soul Mahisa, captured by Indramitra, his would be wife taken by V. He is right, he may be kept a prisoner and stripped of his power, but he is a volcano waiting to erupt..

The power of the yantra given by Indramithra seems extraordinary. It helped release Queen S, how is this positive for Aryawath... however, strong enough to befall black magic..

Today's episode satisfied me as a fangirl of aarambh.

The story is oscillating between the realms of reality and fantasy..

Edited by Limo - 7 years ago
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow Sanaa what a beautiful post๐Ÿ‘

Originally posted by: apolloartemis

Today's post is gonna be featuring almost exclusively Devsena and Jaldev instead of an episode breakdown (mostly because I kinda fast forwarded and have to go back and rewatch those scenes...๐Ÿ˜ณ

Ok so Jaldev has this issue in which he is an Aryan who has been raised with hating Dravids and for a significant amount of time, his gurudev was training him and people like him to kill Devsena and destroy her kingdom (remember the first scene between him and Indramitra? JD had gone through and won all the trials, and I refuse to believe indoctrination was not part of that). With that context in mind, his focus on getting the lion crest under the Dravid throne, and his remark that once the crest is in place killing Devsena will be possible makes sense. I don't like it and I don't like that he means those words but they make sense and are in line with his character in this birth. Varun Dev had a strong noble core which was partly inherited from his dad, and partly from the circumstances in which he grew up. JD's inner nobility is suppressed to some extent cause his upbringing and teachings have focused on a "anything goes" creed, which shows how low the Aryans have gotten.

Loved what you wrote here..The Arya that we knew of 1.0 is not the Arya clan we know now..That time they did not have a place to call home and was in search of a land..here they have a flourishing place but want to usurp and annex another land just because they want to.. Agnitmitra may have his powers but I think his downfall will be his pride ..of which we had a generous dose today.. J is conflicted between what he has been taught is right and seeing D in actions show what is right

So Jaldev is a noble's son who is an accomplished warrior and a spy. All true. What is most telling in that entire spiel and in what he was thinking to himself is this- despite everything he can't kill Devsena. He can't do it. He raises the sword and falters. He thinks about it and falters. He falters period. Devsena might have powers but taking a sword to the neck kills anyone (well unless you are practising tantric like Padma but DS is not so lets assume it would kill her...). So what if the crest was not placed under the throne? Kill the princess you kill the Dravid's future. Period. Nope, he saved her and then did some fast talking to give his guru the reason why he saved her. His fast talk was true talk, but saving her? That was she was his atmasangini period, and his soul recognized that.
๐Ÿ‘

On the way back, he brushes off all her concerns about Mahisha (and don't tell me a part of him wasn't giggling like a 13 year old at the thought of Mahisha in chains, especially after Jaldev saw his advances towards Devsena), and the protects her from all burdens- he even allows her to step on him! I hope this is indicative of their future relationship in which he will protect her from all that seek to hurt her as she advances towards becoming queen. And Devsena understands and appreciates this. She gives him the credit he is due and does the aarti with him. An aarti in which both look near longingly at each other...

Another thing- against his will his admiration and feelings grw. Her determination, her humble nature in the face of her subjects adulation, and her closeness to him. All are wearing away at his will.

Yes, Loved this scene he adored her , was amazed by her, was attracted to her and slowly will realize he loves her..D on the other hand is also on the same boat as him..but I dread to know what will happen when she comes to know he has deceived her all along

I confess though, I cannot see Devsena reacting well when she finds out he is an Aryan- depending on what stage of their relationship they are at when this revelation occurs will drive the rest of the story forward (I'm hoping this is the final reincarnation honestly...). I'm not sure how she will get past it if he does not tell her himself...

One other thing- when I first saw this episode I was frustrated with Jaldev because I disliked the back and forth he was having- this is because I had Varun Dev in my mind- Varun Dev who said "To hell with it all" and confessed to Devsena and loved her so much he woke up her love for him. But Varun Dev was in a different place. His father was dead, he had a friend who helped him realize his feelings and he didn't see a future past Devsena once he confessed to her. Jaldev has an established family and a real future in Aryavrat. He has to process through a lot more stuff before he allows himself to love Devsena with the same intensity. Its already started and I'm willing to see the slow burn.

Finally- please makers stop adding new enemies for Devsena, she has the five destiny kids. Introduce them before you introduce new villians and move the storytelling forward.

This I cannot agree more..seems to be overkill just as the Tantric abilities of everyone๐Ÿ˜†
BTW I am Sabita

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow how beautifully you have written..so crisp yet so powerful๐Ÿ‘

Originally posted by: Limo

Thank you for your thoughts on the dilemma of the viewers on the protagonist Devasena and Varundev.

For me all is well that ends well. The journey into Aryawath and back to Dravidghan was symbolic to the aarambh of D and Vs relationship. The pooja that both D and V conducted was the first pooja as a couple. Despite all odds they have become one, albeit in the motion of time and action. Just like the engagement, the marriage - Khoon/Sindhoor bharaMaang was in the flow.

๐Ÿ‘

The scene where D/V meets Vs mother was very well scripted and enacted by all the three. The agony of a mother knowing it is her son, but a son who is bound by his duties was etched very well. I also liked the forcasting of the sindoor by Vs mother and thought it was symbolic...almost felt she gave her blessings to D/V relationship. In fact V introduced D as his wife to his mother. What a predicament for V, as we discussed in another post V is actually in a huge dissonance between his duties, being programmed to kill D and his atmasangi battle, especially as he is partially aware of his truth.

๐Ÿ‘

Manikarnika held my full attention today. Wow !!! what a powerpacked performance... he held his own and eventually landed into the Dravidghan. He has magical powers and he spoke about a prediction about him coming to the rightful place... to Dravidghan... my gut feeling is he may eventually help D.. after all, the spoilers so far makes him the brother of D... I feel his grievances might be against his mother Queen S and the matriarchical society...

Oh so he is Devasena brother? I wonder how I missed that one

My poor soul Mahisa, captured by Indramitra, his would be wife taken by V. He is right, he may be kept a prisoner and stripped of his power, but he is a volcano waiting to erupt..

The power of the yantra given by Indramithra seems extraordinary. It helped release Queen S, how is this positive for Aryawath... however, strong enough to befall black magic..

Beautiful writing Limo

apolloartemis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Limo

Thank you taking the time to read and reply!

Yes I think it was very symbolic that Jaldev introduced DevSena to his mom as his wife! But more symbolic was that she asked him that first! Lady only has to see the interactions between the two for 5 min before she makes that deduction- how obvious is their connection! And on top of that she brings him sindoor to put on her maang- wah, Mummyji Kya ada hai!

You can see the love between JD and his mum and I honk meeting her bought the Dravidian hating Aryan yodha to the fore which allowed him to say the things he did to Indramitra and mean them.

The Mani guys performance was very good- much better than Kalketu in my opinion. But I'm tired of Devsenas enemies popping up like Daisy's! If he becomes a well wisher all the better, but please no more bad guys! Introduce the other destiny kids!
apolloartemis thumbnail

Originally posted by: gemini54

<font color="#000066" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow Sanaa what a beautiful post๐Ÿ‘</font>

Thank you Sabita! It's always a pleasure to read your take on my take- I love it!

Like you my big fear is what will DevSena do when she learns that's Shivgum is Jaldev and how it will effect the relationship going forward. Trust is a huge component of love and while DevSena can still love Jaldev desperately even knowing his is an Aryan (she did so in her previous birth), I don't know how they can get together without the trust component.
Shaina_b thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I liked the fact that they kept it logical and showed Jaldev's mother did recognize him but kept quiet!!!

Her not recognizing him would have been too illogical!!!!

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Excellent discussions by all of you! ๐Ÿ‘
Love JalSena marriage, Aarti scenes and other JalSena scenes a lot! โค๏ธ
apolloartemis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaina_b

I liked the fact that they kept it logical and showed Jaldev's mother did recognize him but kept quiet!!!

Her not recognizing him would have been too illogical!!!!

Thank you for commenting! Yes for a crazy second I wondered if Mom and Dad were still together or if Dad had a second wife but seems JD's mom is as smart as him!
apolloartemis thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Swetha-

Excellent discussions by all of you! ๐Ÿ‘
Love JalSena marriage, Aarti scenes and other JalSena scenes a lot! โค๏ธ

Thank you for commenting! Yes all scenes continue to be excellent!!