Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: apolloartemis

Wow love the pics! And keeping fingers crossed we shall see an actual engagement (and no more rebirths- are they gonna be academics with dueling theories next πŸ˜‰?).

I love the expressions on both their faces throughout the entire sequence, and especially the dumbfounded looks on everybody else as DS slipped the engagement ring on.

Trance walking seems to be their thing now, as DS did the same when she walked towards JalDev and asked him to dance. Even her eyes looked dazed and dreaming.

I don't think we'll be getting any actual engagement , ek shadi dekhne ko mil jaye to wo hi bahut hai ! I don't know whether we'll get to see them married at all in this birth too , the odds are stacked and the rivalry between two clans still running deep and thick

Will they even reunite or will their be another death in each other's arms , Kayamat se kayamat tak style ! πŸ˜•
@Bold , I've made pic spams from the trace walk scene , going to make a post on it soon. 😳
Thank you for commenting and appreciating.
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Lady_Macbeth

<font size="2" face="Courier New, Courier, mono">I don't think we'll be getting any actual engagement , ek shadi dekhne ko mil jaye to wo hi bahut hai ! I don't know whether we'll get to see them married at all in this birth too , the odds are stacked and the rivalry between two clans still running deep and thick</font>

<font size="2" face="Courier New, Courier, mono">Will they even reunite or will their be another death in each other's arms , Kayamat se kayamat tak style !πŸ˜•</font>
<font size="2" face="Courier New, Courier, mono">@Bold , I've made pic spams from the trace walk scene , going to make a post on it soon.😳</font>
<font size="2" face="Courier New, Courier, mono">Thank you for commenting and appreciating.</font>

Thank you for taking the time to reply- I read that studies were really slamming you this week so much appreciated!

I guess I'm hoping it won't be another death story because there is only so much Aryans- Dravidian clash you can do, and I feel this time with the 5 other destiny children it's set to be a much longer storyline? I read that the show is 65 eps and perhaps that is why I feel this birth is where the softy is going to be told? I could be wrong!

Regarding there post you made earlier about DS's character, I hope you don't mind if I gently disagree! I think her hugging Mahisha makes perfect sense in the context of the Dravidian society she has grown up in, which seems to be much much looser in terms of how women could act in a public and private setting! Queen Sambhavija acts very freely with Mahisha and the only one who bats an eye is her husband, and that is because he is worried about his power, not how she is acting from a decency point of view! And it's apparently parampara to dance senousously in open court for your to be husband!

Even Mekhla went to Jal dev's room wearing a reveling piece of cloth- and it's obvious what her designs were! Even DS told her that it isn't appropriate to speak of someone if you don't know them well- not if you don't intend to make them your husband. So I think the rules we think of when we think of ancient times don't really apply to this time period? And of course the other reason for the scene was that Jal dev could feel jealous and irritated ( which he did, hence the continued averting of the eyes, which is why he didn't see DS cutting Mahisha's hair).

Indeed I think it's DevSena's actions with Jal Dev/ Shiva that are marking her as an oddity to her court-notice how her attendant remarked that it was strange that she chose Jal Dev and not Mahisha as her dancing partner and how the doctor was taken aback when she ordered everyone out of the room. A princess choosing a strange, new courtier is what is considered odd.

I hope you don't mind my disagreement:). I can totally see where you are coming from, but I also like a healthy debate! We can agree to disagree on this if you prefer.

Thanks again for all your hard work and good luck with your studies!
Edited by apolloartemis - 7 years ago
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TBH I loved this post...the way u explained everybody's condition when when DS chose jaldeva n how ring went to jaldeva how he handed her d ring hahhahahaa
Seriously
Who found all that DS saving jd in d pool wow? Esp when she comes closer to him... N then ofcrse they putting the lep on his wound n tht convo..☺️
These two have electrifying chemistry!❀️
_Payalj_ thumbnail
@Apolloartemis please don't mind if I pitch in on this one. The standards of morality for the Dravidian royal women seem really loose, I agree to that.
But, hugging a man you don't love, bang in front of the guy with whom you share a severe mutual attraction is crass. Excuse my vocabulary.

I know they are not in love but are adults who are fully aware of the unsaid feelings pulsating between them
Even if the feelings are not romantic as yet and are only sexual vibes, still they exist and in such a scenario, Devsena acting fresh with another guy in front of Jaldev, seemed horrible.

She could have at least sent Jaldev out on an errand, if she was hellbent on doing this. Or she could have stolen some personal item of Mahisha like she did with Jaldev.

Being almost involved with one guy, constantly flirting with him and then hugging another guy in front of him was simply not done. In this case it's not a question of Dravidian moral policies. It is a question of what sort of a person Devsena is.

Would it have looked okay if Jaldev had hugged Mekhla right in front of Devsena? In fact, actors of all Ekta shows do this constantly in every other show and what do we call such men?

Now coming to Jaldev, Aryan men were also allowed multiple wives in that era. But inspite of this, is Jaldev trying to use Mekhla? He is a man, a Kshatriya and can indulge in several carnal relationships also, forget only hugging or flirting that too without the threat of getting pregnant.

He is not Dravidian, he is an Aryan and is guided by their life principles. Then why is he not indulging in such behaviour or using the moral liberty his society permits him?

If not intimate, he can at least feed some romantic drivel to Mekhla. If devsena has a kingdom to save, Jaldev also has duties towards his clan and his kingdom. Their future security also depends on him.

But then it is simply boils down to personal moral code of a person and that is where the CVs have erred greatly in the characterisation of Devsena.

This also could be one of the major reasons for TRP not flowing in. The Indian audience should feel one with the female lead which is not happening in this case. You don't sympathise or empathise with Devsena
Edited by _Payalj_ - 7 years ago
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

@Apolloartemis please don't mind if I pitch in on this one. The standards of morality for the Dravidian royal women seem really loose, I agree to that.

But, hugging a man you don't love, bang in front of the guy with whom you share a severe mutual attraction is crass. Excuse my vocabulary.

I know they are not in love but are adults who are fully aware of the unsaid feelings pulsating between them
Even if the feelings are not romantic as yet and are only sexual vibes, still they exist and in such a scenario, Devsena acting fresh with another guy in front of Jaldev, seemed horrible.

She could have at least sent Jaldev out on an errand, if she was hellbent on doing this. Or she could have stolen some personal item of Mahisha like she did with Jaldev.

Being almost involved with one guy, constantly flirting with him and then hugging another guy in front of him was simply not done. In this case it's not a question of Dravidian moral policies. It is a question of what sort of a person Devsena is.

Would it have looked okay if Jaldev had hugged Mekhla right in front of Devsena? In fact, actors of all Ekta shows do this constantly in every other show and what do we call such men?

Now coming to Jaldev, Aryan men were also allowedmultiple wives in that era. But inspite of this is Jaldev trying to use Mekhla?

Jaldev is not Dravidian, he is an Aryan and is guided by their life principles. Then why is he not indulging in such behaviour? If devsena has a kingdom to save, Jaldev also has duties towards his clan

Hi I don't mind you pitching in at all! Increasing forum activity is the goal and I like looking at different points of view!

I think we are seeing things differently in this case- I think Jal dev is very very aware of his attraction and is actively fighting against it. I think Dev Sena is becoming aware of her attraction but it isn't overwhelming her to the extent it is JD. Like I don't think she feels like she is involved with him past a bodyguard relationship? For me This looks likely to change in the upcoming eps but that is the feeling I got?

In regards to how DevSena is as a person I agree that she is someone who is going through character development but I also think she is a product of her circumstances? In a society where it is ok to have 4 husbands, for her hugging her fianc in front of her bodyguard won't be a big deal? I think in this we just have to agree that we are seeing her differently ;).

I think JD is an awesome guy, but I don't think he has the nobility of VD- just my opinion! So for me his not using Mekhla isn't cause he is too noble to use her, but because he hasn't found a use for her. His focus is to kill DS and Mekhla isn't useful for that currently. And yes, agreed that JD is more loyal to DS in this sense right now- perhaps because VD's passion is permeating him more. Again for me this will change for DD as her flashbacks continue.

Also a big thank you to you and Lady M- you guys have made me work my brain in creative ways- trust me it does NOT happen often on IF. Thank you for the points you made!
_Payalj_ thumbnail

Hi I don't mind you pitching in at all! Increasing forum activity is the goal and I like looking at different points of view!

I think we are seeing things differently in this case- I think Jal dev is very very aware of his attraction and is actively fighting against it. I think Dev Sena is becoming aware of her attraction but it isn't overwhelming her to the extent it is JD. Like I don't think she feels like she is involved with him past a bodyguard relationship? For me This looks likely to change in the upcoming eps but that is the feeling I got?

I guess our opinions shall stay different in this case. For me making calf eyes at one person one day and hugging another person in front of him the next will stay abhorrent, irrespective of gender. I can easily see her attraction towards Jaldev while you insist it is not there, so in that case I guess we will have to disagree.

In regards to how DevSena is as a person I agree that she is someone who is going through character development but I also think she is a product of her circumstances? In a society where it is ok to have 4 husbands, for her hugging her fianc in front of her bodyguard won't be a big deal? I think in this we just have to agree that we are seeing her differently ;).

Again, my views are different. Are those heroes in Ekta shows correct then? Why do we call them MCP, regressive and a dozen other names as they are a product of the environment in which they are born and brought up . It's not their fault that they have been trained to be entitled brats or treat women as pair ki jooti or doormat since birth. What is condemnable for the goose has to be condemnable for the gander also.

If on the case of male leads we expect them to be different from their birth training stating that it depends on the person, than same is applicable for the female lead also.

I think JD is an awesome guy, but I don't think he has the nobility of VD- just my opinion! So for me his not using Mekhla isn't cause he is too noble to use her, but because he hasn't found a use for her. His focus is to kill DS and Mekhla isn't useful for that currently.

Agree that VD was much much more noble than JD. But this is also a fact that having a princess in his love trap could have made it very easy for Jaldev to access the throne and keep the lion seal. Everything becomes very easy when you have a royal promoting and protecting you. But JD is consciously avoiding this route

Andyes, agreed that JD is more loyal to DS in this sense right now- perhaps because VD's passion is permeating him more. Again for me this will change for DD as her flashbacks continue.

I don't know about this. The dance, the dress scene and the medicine scene said a different story for me. For me the attraction is mutual.

Also a big thank you to you and Lady M- you guys have made me work my brain in creative ways- trust me it does NOT happen often on IF. Thank you for the points you made!

My answers in red above.

We are all here to discuss our different viewpoints only. I guess we will have to simply agree to disagree😊
Edited by _Payalj_ - 7 years ago
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful pictures posted by you . This week's episodes were high on jaldeva & devasena chemistry . I absolutely loved their dance but the best part was when devasena saved him & also when he held her hand when she was about to leave after applying ointment on him & he does the same too . They have scorching chemistry. I also loved how jaldeva got jealous on seeing devasena hugging Mahisha though even I felt as a princess that should have been a private moment . I didn't like Mekhla at all in this episode .
Edited by MS-meghasharma - 7 years ago
DevVarunChandni thumbnail
Gargi dii you don't want us to sleep...😳😳..Awesome pics thanks for sharingπŸ‘β­οΈπŸ€—
Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Thank you for taking the time to reply- I read that studies were really slamming you this week so much appreciated!

Thank you so much for this warm appreciation. 😳

I guess I'm hoping it won't be another death story because there is only so much Aryans- Dravidian clash you can do, and I feel this time with the 5 other destiny children it's set to be a much longer storyline? I read that the show is 65 eps and perhaps that is why I feel this birth is where the softy is going to be told? I could be wrong!

I heart it was supposed to be 100 episodes , which means 86 episodes left , if things go as per planned in the beginning and I've my doubt regarding it. Hope every thing goes well and makers get the chance to tell the story they meant to. Not really willing to go through another leap to see them unite. πŸ₯±

Regarding there post you made earlier about DS's character, I hope you don't mind if I gently disagree! I think her hugging Mahisha makes perfect sense in the context of the Dravidian society she has grown up in, which seems to be much much looser in terms of how women could act in a public and private setting! Queen Sambhavija acts very freely with Mahisha and the only one who bats an eye is her husband, and that is because he is worried about his power, not how she is acting from a decency point of view! And it's apparently parampara to dance senousously in open court for your to be husband!
Relax πŸ˜†, it's a tv show and I wouldn't mind it in the least if one completely disagrees with me in any thing related to it, as long as they're respectful and non-condescending in presenting their views , and here you're not just respectful but downright sweet too. 😳 Now coming to the discussion, @Blue , I do know that they've grown up in a much more ..what's the word.. morally loose and lax society.. but then don't we blame the @$$ hole MLs for cavorting and drinking and throwing money at people like they own the world , when they grew up in that kind of environment.
Trust me , I totally hate how Queen Padmabhija behaves with Mahisha in public, in private she can do whatever she wants , who can stop her . But there's a thing called public decency and decorum.
So yeah it really looks very bad on screen.

Even Mekhla went to Jal dev's room wearing a reveling piece of cloth- and it's obvious what her designs were! Even DS told her that it isn't appropriate to speak of someone if you don't know them well- not if you don't intend to make them your husband. So I think the rules we think of when we think of ancient times don't really apply to this time period? And of course the other reason for the scene was that Jal dev could feel jealous and irritated ( which he did, hence the continued averting of the eyes, which is why he didn't see DS cutting Mahisha's hair).

If the purpose was to show a jealous Jaldev , the best and also appropriate way to show that would've been to show DS dancing sensuously with Mahisha , that way it wouldn't look so odd for the mass gathered at the court either.
Mekhla wasn't wearing any revealing dress πŸ˜• She was wearing the dress JD had made and it covered her completely.
Plus , I already said , Mekhla went to his room and whatever she was doing was happening within that room only, there wasn't any other witness.
Royal people , in all countries in all ages have indulged into all sorts of cavorting πŸ˜‰ but they usually would make sure to keep up public decorum and appearance.
It's of utmost importance how does a princess / queen behave in front of any of her sub ordinates . She's supposed to set examples.

Indeed I think it's DevSena's actions with Jal Dev/ Shiva that are marking her as an oddity to her court-notice how her attendant remarked that it was strange that she chose Jal Dev and not Mahisha as her dancing partner and how the doctor was taken aback when she ordered everyone out of the room. A princess choosing a strange, new courtier is what is considered odd.

Totally agree that it looked extremely odd and a big reason I didn't enjoy their dance as much as I should've. I really wish she'd snapped out of her trance and called it off and danced instead with Mahisha or alone.
Couldn't at all blame Mahisha for fuming . He's her rightful fiance for God's sake !
But one inappropriate action doesn't condone another in any way.
So her hug with Mahisha in front of JD looked very very bad and it stands.

I hope you don't mind my disagreement:). I can totally see where you are coming from, but I also like a healthy debate! We can agree to disagree on this if you prefer.
Healthy debate is like healthy food for mind . Very necessary and welcome always.

Thanks again for all your hard work and good luck with your studies!
Thank you so much . 😳

Word Count: 1

preity_d thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
SS< didn't watch the epi yet, thank u for the little written update ! Will watch soon n share thoughts ! πŸ€— But watched the scene where DS was leading n behind her the two signs fire and water... after her life! Got kinda goosebumps !