Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: braveheartdoc

Definitely for Mekhla it seems to be a lust for Jaldev...which is expected to increase with time...she might be a trouble maker between the leads.

As far as DS is concerned, she seems to have that soul connection to some extent...which with time would change into love for sure.

But this triangle would be interesting to see as the two leads have their mission in their heads while their hearts are connected😊

Like I said , only time will tell us , whether it's love or lust ! 😳
For, only love can pass the test of time 😳 Lust wears off after a while , when not reciprocated or becoming too difficult to achieve the object of lust.
Plus , different people view love in very many different ways. πŸ˜‰ Love do really comes in all manners !
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
That scene was my legit favorite scene of yesterday's epi . Yashashri is a very good actress & she is rockking her role as Mekhla . I'm loving the fact that she is slowly falling in love with Jaldev . Yes , I'm calling it love only as Devsena is getting similarly attracted to Jaldev and we are taking it as her 'falling in love' phase . πŸ€“
As I said in another post Rajniesh looks fantastic with Yashashri & if JD & DS were not lovers in their previous birth I'd have really rooting for Mekhla-JD pairing as I always love 'hatke' pairings .
Your gifs are so so pretty , it feels like I'm rewatching the scene again . Can you make them in slightly bigger size so that I can use them in siggy box ? 😳
Btw , thank you so so much sis for the amazing sidebar gif you made for me from this scene πŸ€— . I'm just going to use it forever . 😎
Edited by VasusenaRadheya - 7 years ago
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
I think it's very much a case of lust which will transform into obsession which Mekhla will think is love. No question about it. And I don't think DS will be able to give her love to anyone as her love is a high ranking aryan warrior and not a slave as they are all thinking :).

Secondly with regards to DS's actions re trying to kill JD i have another point of view- how could she not? Besides the fact that it was her queen who was giving the order the circumstances of the first meeting, barring the instant attraction/soul connection, were hardly fortunate! From DS's pov, this random young guy burst into her room, saw her effectively half nude, took out a knife and hurled it at her, and the proceeded to put his hands on her while fashioning her a new dress. In ancient times royalty was akin to being gods for the people, and besides being sacrosanct, DS has probably been told all her life how does special she is, how she has been Hahumas chosen. In light of this thinking, what JD did was sacrilegious and DS going to kill him is an ill thought decision, but not a character flaw. I think if we need to look for DD's hidden compassion- and it has to be hidden, she has been trained and raised by a twisted, ruthless woman who is trying to make DS her image, we have to look at two instances- one when she defends Mahisha and then thanks her mother for saving him, and the second is the flinch on her face and the question in her eyes when her mother summarily executes someone whose only crime was a map found on him, without a trial.

I think DS's journey is about becoming a queen and also figuring out who she is without her mothers teachings. And that is gonna be hard until her mom is exposed as Mirror Mom. But she is different from her mother- it's just hard to see because right now she is very much under her mother and Hahumas thrall.

Also with regards to the love between DS and JD- I think besides the obvious it's going to be an interesting journey for another reason- VD might have reincarnated for the purpose of fulfilling his incomplete love but DS reincarnated for her incomplete love AND her incomplete dreams. She wanted Varun Dev's love in her next life, she wanted a life with him, but she also wanted to fulfill her and her parents dream. So it will be interesting how that plays out- I remember how VD was so eager to die, so unable to live a life without DS that he stabbed himself using her hands- she didn't really do it. So JD's interactions once he falls in love will be very interesting to see.

Also did anyone find that slow realization on JD's once he figured out he should have killed her instead of providing a dresss for her funny? I love RDX's expressiveness! He and KN are super well matched with amazing amazing chemistry in every scene!
Edited by apolloartemis - 7 years ago
Limo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Is it love or lust? What is love without a bit of complication.

Lust is the primal instinct, the old part of the brain, which is bound by no inhibitions; whereas, love is the mordenised part of the brain with many layers of rationalisation.

Both sisters are drawn toward Shiva for different reasons - D for the inner pull and the eternal love, this is even before she witnesses S's vallor, of course there is definitely the soul - atmasangini aspect. Whereas M's pull is after she sees S's gallant win against the troopers, she sees S as someone whom she admires next to only her courageous sister; fatal attraction. M is right in her own ways to be attracted to a valiant individual especially if this is a trait she admires.

I am unsure if this is lust, however, with time it will become clearer as to if M feelings are primal or if the situation progresses towards love.
Morana thumbnail

Originally posted by: apolloartemis

I think it's very much a case of lust which will transform into obsession which Mekhla will think is love. No question about it. And I don't think DS will be able to give her love to anyone as her love is a high ranking aryan warrior and not a slave as they are all thinking :).

No , I think it's definitely love , not lust. I've stated the reason in this post , in other replies and also the main post. Let's agree to disagree here. 😳 Viewers's perspective.
In any case , if it's lust , then we've to agree that DS is also lusting after him. ( Even then I won't blame her , because young age and hot blood and hormones... πŸ˜‰ )

Secondly with regards to DS's actions re trying to kill JD i have another point of view- how could she not? Besides the fact that it was her queen who was giving the order the circumstances of the first meeting, barring the instant attraction/soul connection, were hardly fortunate! From DS's pov, this random young guy burst into her room, saw her effectively half nude, took out a knife and hurled it at her, and the proceeded to put his hands on her while fashioning her a new dress. In ancient times royalty was akin to being gods for the people, and besides being sacrosanct, DS has probably been told all her life how does special she is, how she has been Hahumas chosen. In light of this thinking, what JD did was sacrilegious and DS going to kill him is an ill thought decision, but not a character flaw.
I never said they were supposed to let go of Shiva after saying, " It's ok dude , no big deal. " But what they showed is totally unforgivably barbaric and unjust , even going by the standards of those days ( I do always keep in mind the time frame , social structure etc. as context , before judging a situation or action. ) They didn't let him utter a single word in his defense , let alone hear his side of the story . It's like, their way or high way.
And what is this obsession with capital punishment at the drop of a hat ??
Is there no other punishments ?? He could've been given 100 whiplashes or sent to captivity for an year or two , for entering the room of the princess and touching her.
As for making a dress for her , it was nothing wrong , he did that to protect her modesty.
Yes , I understand and agree with you on the bold part, and that's just so obvious that she thinks she's so high and above others , it really very much off putting . It came out clear as daylight during her swayambhar as well . This holier than thou attitude is totally repulsive . Point to be noted , both Mahisha and JD are her equals in terms of warrior skills , yet none of them walks with an air of such obvious vanity.
If this is not a character flaw for a future queen , I don't know what is !
IMO , unless this changes and she becomes as humble and down to earth as... well as KN is in real life for e.g πŸ˜† , Akhandya Bharat including Dravidagam is better off without a queen like this.

I think if we need to look for DD's hidden compassion- and it has to be hidden, she has been trained and raised by a twisted, ruthless woman who is trying to make DS her image, we have to look at two instances- one when she defends Mahisha and then thanks her mother for saving him, and the second is the flinch on her face and the question in her eyes when her mother summarily executes someone whose only crime was a map found on him, without a trial.

@Bold, err.. no , it's absolutely not our job to go for a treasure hunt of her hidden compassion. And the mass won't. It's the duty of the writer to show us her compassion. We shouldn't be searching for it with a magnifying glass in our hands in bits and glimpses.
@Blue , I agree there. But to be honest , if Bijjaldev had not been poisoning the mind and heart of his son Bhallaldev against Amarendra and Shivagami , Bhalla may not have been so out and out evil.
But does that mean , viewers are supposed to forgive or overlook Bhalla for his evil deeds ?? Hell no !
We're all , irrespective of situations , the product of our upbringing but that doesn't mean we can thrust the responsibility of our actions onto our upbringing.

I think DS's journey is about becoming a queen and also figuring out who she is without her mothers teachings. And that is gonna be hard until her mom is exposed as Mirror Mom. But she is different from her mother- it's just hard to see because right now she is very much under her mother and Hahumas thrall.

Yes , I agree with you. She's in no way ready or fit to be a queen right now. She's a very long way to traverse as a character before she's befitting of a good queen , let alone a great queen.

Also with regards to the love between DS and JD- I think besides the obvious it's going to be an interesting journey for another reason- VD might have reincarnated for the purpose of fulfilling his incomplete love but DS reincarnated for her incomplete love AND her incomplete dreams. She wanted Varun Dev's love in her next life, she wanted a life with him, but she also wanted to fulfill her and her parents dream. So it will be interesting how that plays out- I remember how VD was so eager to die, so unable to live a life without DS that he stabbed himself using her hands- she didn't really do it. So JD's interactions once he falls in love will be very interesting to see.

VD stabbed DS first , and then he waited for DS to stab him , so that her promise of revenge can be fulfilled , but DS couldn't do it . VD realised that DS won't ever be able to kill him , she can slash him across the body a few times , but it's impossible for her to strike the death blow to her lover. So he stabbed himself. She sort of surrendered herself to the decision VD took for them both.

Also did anyone find that slow realization on JD's once he figured out he should have killed her instead of providing a dresss for her funny? I love RDX's expressiveness! He and KN are super well matched with amazing amazing chemistry in every scene!
Agree with you on the chemistry part. Flawless chemistry that sparkles through every freaking scene.
But then RDX can create chemistry with a poll and romance it convincingly.

Thank you for commenting and contributing to the discussion.
Edited by Lady_Macbeth - 7 years ago
Morana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Limo

Is it love or lust? What is love without a bit of complication.

Lust is the primal instinct, the old part of the brain, which is bound by no inhibitions; whereas, love is the mordenised part of the brain with many layers of rationalisation.

Both sisters are drawn toward Shiva for different reasons - D for the inner pull and the eternal love, this is even before she witnesses S's vallor, of course there is definitely the soul - atmasangini aspect. Whereas M's pull is after she sees S's gallant win against the troopers, she sees S as someone whom she admires next to only her courageous sister; fatal attraction. M is right in her own ways to be attracted to a valiant individual especially if this is a trait she admires.

I am unsure if this is lust, however, with time it will become clearer as to if M feelings are primal or if the situation progresses towards love.

Thank you for taking part in the discussion here and contributing to it with ur opinion. 😳
Agree with every thing you said.
@BOLD , love is indeed complicated. You can't chart and formulate love . Love presents itself in different ways to different individuals . In fact , there are as many different ways to love and be loved as there are different individuals.
Yes , M fell for his valour , warrior skill , courage , confidence and beauty.
And any young princess of that era would fall for these qualities .
I feel really bad for M , she deserves love as much as her sister , but it was not to be .
She might turn towards negative side after her heart break , but really some times it's so difficult to let go of the love of your life , even when you see clearly it's not meant to be.
apolloartemis thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you for your replies- it's always fun to see and discuss other opinions- I'm looking forward to more as our lovely show continues!
PlainJane thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I see what you mean. The Mekhla-JD dynamics has indeed brought a spin and more complications to the already complicated love story of Devsena and Jaldev/Varundev.

I know, Rajneesh and Yajashri look good together, but I can't think of them together. I refuse to.😭 When they were interacting, it was funny how Mekhla was flirting with JD. But, I couldn't really enjoy the scene 100% because inside my head, I was yelling "NO NO NO"😭. It will break my heart, if Devsena and Varundev/JD are not endgame. I am so invested in JalSena that any other ship is out of the picture for me.

Its either JalSena/VarSena for me, or nothing at all.❀️For me, the chemistry between Rajneesh/JD and Karthika/DS is more scorching.

As for love or lust. I don't think whatever feelings Mekhla has for JD will blossom into love. At least, not as intense or gripping as Varundev/Jaldev and Devsena have for each other. JalSena transcends boundaries. The bar of love is set so high by the sacrifice they made in their previous life that any other possibility is going to be inferior to that.

Morana thumbnail

Originally posted by: PlainJane

I see what you mean. The Mekhla-JD dynamics has indeed brought a spin and more complications to the already complicated love story of Devsena and Jaldev/Varundev.

I know, Rajneesh and Yajashri look good together, but I can't think of them together. I refuse to.😭 When they were interacting, it was funny how Mekhla was flirting with JD. But, I couldn't really enjoy the scene 100% because inside my head, I was yelling "NO NO NO"😭. It will break my heart, if Devsena and Varundev/JD are not endgame. I am so invested in JalSena that any other ship is out of the picture for me.

Its either JalSena/VarSena for me, or nothing at all.❀️For me, the chemistry between Rajneesh/JD and Karthika/DS is more scorching.

As for love or lust. I don't think whatever feelings Mekhla has for JD will blossom into love. At least, not as intense or gripping as Varundev/Jaldev and Devsena have for each other. JalSena transcends boundaries. The bar of love is set so high by the sacrifice they made in their previous life that any other possibility is going to be inferior to that.

Thank you for commenting and taking part in the discussion with your pov. 😳
Yes YM n RD do look very good together , but not as good as RD-KN , they're the best.
Agree on the bold part. I mainly dig JD-DS only because of their beautiful back story in the past .
TBH , I think VD-DS story is far far better and more epic, magical , surreal and soul mate like than that of JD-DS can ever be , that soul mate bond that was present in the previous birth right from the beginning is some how totally absent till now . It's been reduced to mere flatter in their hearts , which could as well be for admiration of each other's beauty and valor.
I just hope the story establishes them as soul mates by virtue of their love story on this birth , with out them remembering their previous birth prematurely and not based on their previous birth love story solely.
They're soul mates and that should be irrespective of any past history.
Ashi_ thumbnail
I find yashashri masurkar more beautiful and also she is a good actress than the female lead. No offence to anyone.