Love or lust ? Only Time will tell

Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago
I;m talking about the interaction between Mekhla and Jaladev , which added a jabardast ghumao or in plain words twist to the story and dare I say.. made the love story of the twin flames a bit complicated πŸ˜‰
Mekhla since introduction has been shown as a woman who is well aware of her beauty and also what power beauty of a woman can give her. After all , both the sword and beauty can slash through the heart of a man ! She is a total fan girl of the warrior side of her sister but she herself is totally uninterested and untrained in war skills of any sort , despite being sister of a warrior princess and daughter of the warrior queen.
She first saw Jaladev as an intruder who invaded the privacy of her sister's bedroom and was but a neutral viewer of JD being captured , taken to the court , given capital punishment and DS rising to execute the punishment.
But what happened next , made Mekhla's heart take a somersault . Jd single handedly fought an entire group of soldiers sent by Queen Siala and saved DS and Queen S. His warrior God side stirred some thing inside the heart of the younger princess . The moment she heard his name she started calling him " Mere Shivagam.. " πŸ˜†
She profusely confessed her manodasha to her elder sister , much to DS's annoyance and worry , that Shivgam has ghayel-ed her , with his beauty and valor .
What I find interesting is the first one to one interaction of Mekhla and Jaladev , her eyes are filled with desire , but then is it just lust ?? We can't rule out the possibility of love either ! Because for some one like Mekhla , JD is exactly the kind of guy who can make her fall in love.

Note the knowing hint of smile on JD's lips and twinkling eyes , he is well aware that Princess Mekhla is smitten by him.

It was freaking electricity when she pretended to stumble and held his strong arms for support
I must say Yashashri Masurkar shares crazy chemistry with Rajniesh Duggal . Really wish to see them together as leads in some other show ! ⭐️

Mekhla is totally intrigued by this refusal , it's not a small thing for a young man to avoid some one as stunningly pretty as her , which in turn fanned the fire of her determination to have him. She's a lady on a mission .

I'm really interested to know how far she can go.. which'll tell us whether it's love or lust .. just because she appreciates his physical beauty , doesn't make it lust by default. Even DS is busy having FBs of his touch on her bare waist and shoulder and how it affected her .. So is it lust for DS too ??
If it's lust , it'll pass away with time .. She'll grow disinterested by repeated thwarted attempts to seduce or woo him .
But if it's love , it's going to be VERY VERY complicated for JD_DS story , since DS truly loves her sister and Mekhla is not some one to let go of her love for any body.
Edited by Lady_Macbeth - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
At the onset I want to tell you I am a big rooter if that is even a word..lol for Devasena and Jaldev so I cannot even think of M and J.

However, I love what you wrote, I especially loved the pictures..can you pretty please put up pictures of Devasena and Jal.

Regarding whether it is Lust or Love you are right both the sisters seem to feel a strong physical attraction to J..he is one good looking guy so I don't blame them πŸ˜‰but I feel that J is more smitten by D...he was drawn to her even before he met her..and he is drawn to her now..he knows he has an affect on her and seems to enjoy it..whereas he knows he has an affect on M ..but seems to view it more in jest..the actor is doing a great job in conveying that via his body language.

I do have a soft corner for Devasena and the actress who plays her because she is talented ..I have watched her South Indian movies..and I love her acting and she is doing an amazing job as Devasena
Only time will tell how this story will shape up but my gut is saying that they did not talk about eternal love for them to be seperated
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love of both the sisters is shown limited to physical attraction only currently, but yes since we can see that Jalsena's attraction is two sided and we know that they're eternal lovers, we have automatically branded their connection as love, while since Mekhlas attraction is one sided, it is termed lust.
To sum up two parties are lusting for each other while one's lust is single sided.

However, since Jaldev and devsena have much more important businesses on their minds than this attraction, they are not working on it, while poor Mekhla has nothing else to do.

Regarding Mekhlas attraction converting to love, mostly love starts from physical attraction only. Afterall she is not interested in tying Rakhi to Jaldev. The attraction cemented with a respect for the person ultimately gets converted to love.

In Mekhlas case, she is already in awe of the warrior Jaldev is. Add to it her pride of being beautiful and a princess and Jaldev's disinterest, Jaldev might become her obsession and so called love.

Now coming to Devsena sacrificing for Mekhla, theirs is an eternal love and it is impossible for them to live without each other. Also, with their soul connection, soon, devsena will love Jaldev more than anyone else, so sacrificing him wouldn't be possible. In her previous birth also, she had abdicated her duties for him.
Tsuyashi thumbnail
Mekhla is too cute and interesting character as of now..but we all know she has the potential to turn grey anytym when someone like shiva/jaldeva who's only attracted by our devsena will surely refuse her ...we got the glimpse of her unease when he just didn't give in to her demands of helping her ..(that was really interesting) πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
I had this in my mind tht mekhla would be d frst one to pounce upon our hero πŸ˜† n DS n JD will keep getting confused about their own attraction n connect...
But m rooting for jalsena..the way they died so tht they can never be apart just makes them eternal ..
Mekhla would be really pissed off but don't kno wht DS will do as she's too kind this time... She gave her red (jaldeva- made ) dress to her sissy too...it was so pretty! (I would have got it framed πŸ˜† )
So idk if she will b like haan le le jaldeva..tere liye jaan haazir ..tu rkh le meri behen ...m scared πŸ˜† πŸ˜›
Edited by Sonia_prc - 7 years ago
Morana thumbnail
First of all thank you for your valuable input . 😳
Trust me on this , I'm myself a diehard Varunsena fan , in fact , I threw a literal tantrum when they died , for me , no Aarambh without KN_RDX. ⭐️
I'd be frank here . From the Aarambh , I mean beginning , I watched Aarambh only and only for RD and Varundev was my favorite character .
I'd many problems with Devasena as a character , and I'd even voiced the same in the forum. What I felt is , they overdid the whole Nayi Soch strong female part . πŸ˜†
I'm a feminist by nature , as you already know I think during our interactions in KRP forum , I do think Women > Men I confess.
This is because of their compassion , their inherent kindness and empathy which sets them apart. They're the nourisher , the healer. πŸ‘
I found that compassion only in Varundev and Devasena's character was not given the scope to shine as a compassionate queen . She didn't have the time either , I'll give her that.
The entire portrayal of Dravid society was some what disturbing .. Anyways , I'm bhatkaoing from my topic ! πŸ˜†
But KN put heart and soul into DS. πŸ‘
In the short span of 3 episodes of their love story Varunsena successfully established the soul mate love story and eternal lovers , twin flames , star crossed lovers.. etc etc.. convincingly and magically !
From then onwards , we all have signed up to see their incomplete love story to complete abd no matter how how good Mekhla looks with JD , there's no question of rooting for them as a couple . I'm only acknowledging the obvious chemistry and also addressing the complications that this turn of events might lead to.
I've seen some offscreen segments of KN , she's such a sweet heart , totally down to earth , no star air. 😳 It's really hard not to heart her.
Ohh you mean the gifs ?? That's what they're called ! 😳 I'll try to make some on Jalsena too.
To be honest , post leap and post reincarnation , I'm once again a little disappointed with the character of D . She's the FL , so obviously I'll have more expectations from her and will criticise her more , but I'll love her most too. 😳
I'm not waiting to see some warrior princess only , even Queen S is a badass warrior , so what's so special about D then ? I might fangurl over Queen S as well !
I'm waiting to see the compassionate warrior Goddess , who'll be Annapurna for all and Chamundi or Kaali only for the enemy. I was so happy when she was desperate to save Mahisha's life because she saw how unjust his death would be !
But yesterday got thoroughly disappointed when she became happy and even rose to execute JD herself ! 😲 That too without any proper inquiry ! 🀒 How could she be so sure he's not actually a innocent slave like he's claiming ?? πŸ₯±
True justice is when you let go of 1000 offenders unpunished but won't let a single innocent to be punished. πŸ‘
Plus , post leap , I expected some difference of characteristics , but I see none ! She's almost exactly like how was in her previous birth ! πŸ₯± Wish they'd allowed her to be a bit different..like may be.. a bit flirty ? Or seductive ? Or Fun loving ?? Or even cunning ! Anything to set her apart from DS version 1.0 .
Once again , JD is my fav of the two , if I've to pick , he's so so different from VD and refreshing thereby. πŸ˜ƒ
Or , may be I'm partial to RDX after all ! πŸ˜‰

Originally posted by: gemini54

At the onset I want to tell you I am a big rooter if that is even a word..lol for Devasena and Jaldev so I cannot even think of M and J.

However, I love what you wrote, I especially loved the pictures..can you pretty please put up pictures of Devasena and Jal.

Regarding whether it is Lust or Love you are right both the sisters seem to feel a strong physical attraction to J..he is one good looking guy so I don't blame them πŸ˜‰but I feel that J is more smitten by D...he was drawn to her even before he met her..and he is drawn to her now..he knows he has an affect on her and seems to enjoy it..whereas he knows he has an affect on M ..but seems to view it more in jest..the actor is doing a great job in conveying that via his body language.

I do have a soft corner for Devasena and the actress who plays her because she is talented ..I have watched her South Indian movies..and I love her acting and she is doing an amazing job as Devasena
Only time will tell how this story will shape up but my gut is saying that they did not talk about eternal love for them to be seperated

Morana thumbnail
First of all , accept my congratulations for such a bang on reply ! πŸ‘
Totally loved it. πŸ‘ Especially the bold part. Totally agree. Most love starts from friction at a physical level only , in reality , but it gets cemented by respect , trust and friendship.
Mekhla is totally capable of becoming obsessed with JD and in that case she can go to any length to have the object of her passion or obsession. She's Queen S's daughter after all !
I'll strike D with big danda if she even thinks of sacrificing JD for her affection towards younger sister. She gave away the cloth , ok , fine , nothing more than that ! 🀒

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Love of both the sisters is shown limited to physical attraction only currently, but yes since we can see that Jalsena's attraction is two sided and we know that they're eternal lovers, we have automatically branded their connection as love, while since Mekhlas attraction is one sided, it is termed lust.

To sum up two parties are lusting for each other while one's lust is single sided.

However, since Jaldev and devsena have much more important businesses on their minds than this attraction, they are not working on it, while poor Mekhla has nothing else to do.

Regarding Mekhlas attraction converting to love, mostly love starts from physical attraction only. Afterall she is not interested in tying Rakhi to Jaldev. The attraction cemented with a respect for the person ultimately gets converted to love.

In Mekhlas case, she is already in awe of the warrior Jaldev is. Add to it her pride of being beautiful and a princess and Jaldev's disinterest, Jaldev might become her obsession and so called love.

Now coming to Devsena sacrificing for Mekhla, theirs is an eternal love and it is impossible for them to live without each other. Also, with their soul connection, soon, devsena will love Jaldev more than anyone else, so sacrificing him wouldn't be possible. In her previous birth also, she had abdicated her duties for him.

Morana thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sonia_prc

Mekhla is too cute and interesting character as of now..but we all know she has the potential to turn grey anytym when someone like shiva/jaldeva who's only attracted by our devsena will surely refuse her ...we got the glimpse of her unease when he just didn't give in to her demands of helping her ..(that was really interesting) πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

I had this in my mind tht mekhla would be d frst one to pounce upon our hero πŸ˜† n DS n JD will keep getting confused about their own attraction n connect...
But m rooting for jalsena..the way they died so tht they can never be apart just makes them eternal ..
Mekhla would be really pissed off but don't kno wht DS will do as she's too kind this time... She gave her red (jaldeva- made ) dress to her sissy too...it was so pretty! (I would have got it framed πŸ˜† )
So idk if she will b like haan le le jaldeva..tere liye jaan haazir ..tu rkh le meri behen ...m scared πŸ˜† πŸ˜›

To be honest , when they showed that DS has a younger sister , who's being played by YM , I was totally sure that Mekhla is gonna fall for JD and BAAM ! πŸ˜†
M is till now totally cute and I find her refreshing amidst all war and mission..
If DS be like .. " Le le JD .. " I'll be like , " Yep , let M n JD marry and be happy. " DS can marry and settle down with Mahisha for all I care ! πŸ˜†
But in all seriousness , there's absolutely no Nayi soch in being the sacrificial lamb FL 🀒 . That's already absolutely done to death in too many ITV shows ! πŸ˜†
Lover koi chutte paise thodi na hai ki choti behen ne maang liya to de diya ! πŸ˜›
After all , they've taken birth once again to fulfill their incomplete love story .
Unless they've planned for another leap ! πŸ˜• I hope not . Let the lovers unite for good as JD-DS only. _/\_
_Payalj_ thumbnail
Honestly speaking the show might have been re-christened kahaani devsena ki, but it is Rajneesh's character which is being given the chance to shine more, be it in the versatility of roles, or as the comic relief provider.
One remembers only the scenes which had RD in them. I am not saying that KN is not equally good but the real power lies in the role one is enacting.

Her casual sauntering with a satisfied smile to butcher the person who entered her room, without even giving him a proper chance to defend himself, did no favours to her character either.

Edited by _Payalj_ - 7 years ago
Morana thumbnail

Originally posted by: _Payalj_

Honestly speaking the show might have been re-christened kahaani devsena ki, but it is Rajneesh's character which is being given the chance to shine more, be it in the versatility of roles, or as the comic relief provider.

One remembers only the scenes which had RD in them. I am not saying that KN is not equally good but the real power lies in the role one is enacting.

Her casual sauntering with a satisfied smile to butcher the person who entered her room, without even giving him a proper chance to defend himself, did no favours to her character either.

Once again , totally agree with you.
I can only speak for myself , I only watch the scenes of JD on a loop , as I used to watch VD's scenes.
All the layers , all the beauty and intricacy of character writing has been given to RD's role , be it post leap or pre leap. Especially so in post leap. That mischievous smile, the utter fearlessness , no unnecessary pride , no unnecessary huff and puff , no nonsense BG , all the interesting scenes that help in character development - all has gone in his share ! ☒️
I mean , why was the warrior princess of huge fame standing dumb found when the hero was saving the day and the arse of her entire family , DS was reduced to giving shocked expressions ! Why not grab a nearby weapon and jump join into protecting the family , when there's real trouble ! πŸ˜•
@Bold part , totally turned me off 🀒and took away all the points I merrily gave her for being desperate to save Mahisha's life ! Princess kya sirf unarmed unproven logon pe bhaar karni aati hai ! 😑
Plus , absolutely no gratitude for saving the entire family including her own life ! 😲 🀒
Add to that , her one dimensional thinking - Jo ghar se nikla usi ne aag lagaya hoga ! πŸ˜• Too simplistic IMO ! She must be more cunning or she'll miss her enemies wandering around under her nose ! Or worse , reduced to recurrent visits to Hahuma for help and hints ! 😑 Itna help aur hint milne pad to JD chaand pe bhi sayed jhanda lehera de ! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
See , I'm of the belief that you must point out the fault of the lead characters as it is , with out glorifying them just because they're leads , or being held as some woman power or accompanied by a valorous BG ! πŸ˜ƒ
braveheartdoc thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Definitely for Mekhla it seems to be a lust for Jaldev...which is expected to increase with time...she might be a trouble maker between the leads.
As far as DS is concerned, she seems to have that soul connection to some extent...which with time would change into love for sure.

But this triangle would be interesting to see as the two leads have their mission in their heads while their hearts are connected😊