Interesting unfold of story

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Beautiful execution of meaningful writing. My appreciation to the entire cast and crew members. πŸ‘
Though it is a frictional story it clearly reminded me of its historical and mythological traces.
1. Hahuma forcing the Queen to wait for the right time to deliver the destined child. This reminded me the birth history of famous chola king Karikaalcholan.
2. Toss of coin to decide the kingdom rule - wow, when we point out this as ridiculous, I remembered the infamous dice game in Mahabharat. Atleast Aryans are not shown to humiliate the women.
3. Maybe the Queen Sambavija belong to the lineage of Dayalini and still be called samundi blood.
Did the Aryans captured the entire North, West and East just by tossing coin 😲

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Payalj_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is totally applicable to Sambhavija. She reminds one of all the cruel middle era kings, only difference being that she is a female and hence seems more repulsive to our minds.
But yes the portrayal is very accurate of what absolute unbridled power does to a human being -paves the way for decay and destruction.

But one request I have for the cvs. They should either abstain from using real names or painting one side as totally black and one side as slightly grey.

What they are showing is not wrong. The party which is in power always gets corrupted and corruption has as yet not been shown seeped into Aryan system as they are still under the rule of a senate and not a monarch with absolute power. The Dravidian system is not any different from the condition in any kingdom all over the world during the medieval era.

But insinuating that what is being shown is history or creating the impression that the Aryans were better than Dravidians is wrong and a serious misrepresentation of history.

I would prefer if from today onwards that they start showing the ills that prevailed in Aryan society also.

Edited by _Payalj_ - 7 years ago
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
@Payalj: Agreed. Yes, they should balance the clans. Agnimitra was shown almost similar to Hahuma. Well I feel that among the destined children, one Aryan seems to be very evil. Anyways let's wait for it.
gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Loved what you wrote. Neenga Tamizha karikaalcholan reference?
The coin toss was ridiculous but I am taking it as creative liberty

UOTE=Ramyalaxmi]Beautiful execution of meaningful writing. My appreciation to the entire cast and crew members. πŸ‘
Though it is a frictional story it clearly reminded me of its historical and mythological traces.
1. Hahuma forcing the Queen to wait for the right time to deliver the destined child. This reminded me the birth history of famous chola king Karikaalcholan.
2. Toss of coin to decide the kingdom rule - wow, when we point out this as ridiculous, I remembered the infamous dice game in Mahabharat. Atleast Aryans are not shown to humiliate the women.
3. Maybe the Queen Sambavija belong to the lineage of Dayalini and still be called samundi blood.
Did the Aryans captured the entire North, West and East just by tossing coin 😲

gemini54 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Payal as always a spot on write up all I can give is justπŸ€—

UOTE=_Payalj_]Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is totally applicable to Sambhavija. She reminds one of all the cruel middle era kings, only difference being that she is a female and hence seems more repulsive to our minds.
But yes the portrayal is very accurate of what absolute unbridled power does to a human being -paves the way for decay and destruction.

But one request I have for the cvs. They should either abstain from using real names or painting one side as totally black and one side as slightly grey.

What they are showing is not wrong. The party which is in power always gets corrupted and corruption has as yet not been shown seeped into Aryan system as they are still under the rule of a senate and not a monarch with absolute power. The Dravidian system is not any different from the condition in any kingdom all over the world during the medieval era.

But insinuating that what is being shown is history or creating the impression that the Aryans were better than Dravidians is wrong and a serious misrepresentation of history.

I would prefer if from today onwards that they start showing the ills that prevailed in Aryan society also.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
@TM
Beautifully take in the episode by you, dear! πŸ‘
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: gemini54

Loved what you wrote. Neenga Tamizha karikaalcholan reference?

The coin toss was ridiculous but I am taking it as creative liberty

Thank you. Yes dear, I am Tamilian.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Swetha-

@TM
Beautifully take in the episode by you, dear! πŸ‘

Thank you Swetha 😊

Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I've serious problem with their portrayal of Dravids in this show - terrible to be honest ! Is it necessary to show Dravids completely evil and paint Aryans as sparkling white? ?
But at least we shouldn't try to support what is shown as evil and wrong, irrespective of which side it has been shown.
People in contact with social media portals and news channel shows like SBS SBB , know very well that this is a completely fictional show and therefore it doesn't really matter how poorly the Dravids are painted because none of it has any connection with real history.
But problem is, in a country this large, and television reaching the nooks and corners of it , how many of the viewers actually are aware that all these are fictional? ? They might take it as based on true history!
That's why I hope they at least shape Devasena's character properly , unlike her previous reincarnation, which was too much flawed and in many areas , difficult to accept, which might as well be the reason for low ratings of the show , in spite of such a gripping story line , great cast and fantastic execution.
For , Devasena embodies Dravid shakti. Her character writing can break or make the image of Dravid clan in the show , much more than Sambhavija and Hahuma, who are currently outright negative characters.

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lady_Macbeth

I've serious problem with their portrayal of Dravids in this show - terrible to be honest ! Is it necessary to show Dravids completely evil and paint Aryans as sparkling white? ?

But at least we shouldn't try to support what is shown as evil and wrong, irrespective of which side it has been shown.
People in contact with social media portals and news channel shows like SBS SBB , know very well that this is a completely fictional show and therefore it doesn't really matter how poorly the Dravids are painted because none of it has any connection with real history.
But problem is, in a country this large, and television reaching the nooks and corners of it , how many of the viewers actually are aware that all these are fictional? ? They might take it as based on true history!
That's why I hope they at least shape Devasena's character properly , unlike her previous reincarnation, which was too much flawed and in many areas , difficult to accept, which might as well be the reason for low ratings of the show , in spite of such a gripping story line , great cast and fantastic execution.
For , Devasena embodies Dravid shakti. Her character writing can break or make the image of Dravid clan in the show , much more than Sambhavija and Hahuma, who are currently outright negative characters.

Yes, I also meant the same in my previous post where I was asked not to confuse myself b/w fictional story and history too much.πŸ˜† I praised the acting and the way story progressed, but still I want to show the grey shades of both clans. I think this will be shown in upcoming episodes.